Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 108 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black*
    On the flipside, if any FAs sign here that require a good contract, Evans would be one I would like. I would also take a chance on Bynum and re-sign Teague.

Teague, Evans, Horford, Bynum and another wing isn't bad.
    If Tyreke Evans dropped about 10-15 lbs and actually gave some kind of effort on defense, I might be a fan. Maybe as an inexpensive reclamation project, since I'm sure he's been corrupted by that mess in Sacramento. Being around a stronger organization and real pros who are serious about their craft might be good for him regardless.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-28-2013 at 05:57 PM.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...ash-candidates
    [Dennis] Schroeder has an edge to him. He's got a little Rondo to him, both on and off the court. Has got a little nasty. If anything, he's got a little edge that you'll have to keep in check. But I'd rather have a little edge than to have to check his pulse. ... He's a pure point guard. He has the speed and the body type. He sees the game fairly well. He's instinctive. He's very quick, great first step. ... If you looked at him in person, you would rightfully be excited about him. You really would. He's a good developmental prospect. Baseline to me is (Schroeder will be a) starter three or four years from now. I don't see star yet, but that's definitely within the realm of possibility."

Im good on Bynum. He missed large chunks of the least the sessions due to knee injuries a and surgeries. Not willing to take that chance. Rather sign Jefferson or Millsap, and keep horford at C. Not ideal but that scenario before Bynum.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

The more I read about the Sixers GM Sam Hinkie, the more I like Nerlens Noel's draft slide and fit in Philly over most places. The 'slide' should make him hungrier. As far as the 'fit': If Philly wants to make their their identity about tough defense with the lengthy Noel and MCW, that team might stink enough through the learning years while the GM looks for natural scorers at center and on the wing in the next couple drafts.

Hinkie and Ferry are similar: both are big on advanced metrics, we've seen that with their recent moves. How Ferry handles Teague's situation is the next big decision for us. Hinkie just dumped a fan favorite (Holiday) whose metrics were trending down after getting a big extension. Teague's metrics were trending up until last season, but he's already 25 years old and still has some of the same questions about his game.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-29-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by westside
    Im good on Bynum. He missed large chunks of the least the sessions due to knee injuries a and surgeries. Not willing to take that chance. Rather sign Jefferson or Millsap, and keep horford at C. Not ideal but that scenario before Bynum.
    Bynum will have to get past a thorough evaluation for most (competent) teams to get an offer. Millsap is good value but OTOH he would make our frontline shorter than last season, which has been our downfall vs certain teams. Last night's draft seems to suggest Ferry wants bigger bodies in the frontcourt. My top C options based on how their deals might look are Howard, Bynum (if physical/mental checks out), and Splitter (Spurs likely match his offer).
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-28-2013 at 09:56 PM.

MINNEAPOLIS -- Andrei Kirilenko is opting out of the final year of a contract that would have paid him $10 million next season with the Minnesota Timberwolves, making him a free agent.

Kirilenko made the decision on Saturday, the deadline that was written into the two-year, $20 million deal he signed last summer, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press. The person requested anonymity because an official announcement has not been made.

In turning down the final year of his contract with the Timberwolves, Kirilenko is instead hoping to get a little extra security with a longer term deal when the market opens at 12:01 a.m. Eastern on July 1.

The versatile forward is coming off a rejuvenating year in which he averaged 12.4 points, 5.7 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game for the Wolves, his best season in the league since 2005-06. The 32-year-old had more spring in his step after spending the lockout year playing at home in Russia, and he flourished in Rick Adelman's free-flowing system.

But Kirilenko also missed 18 games with assorted injuries, one of a number of Timberwolves players who missed significant time last season, the ninth straight year they have missed the playoffs. Kirilenko was largely responsible for the Wolves' dramatic improvement on the defensive end, with Adelman enjoying the luxury of being able to put him on every position besides center, depending on who was the biggest threat on a given night.

His ability to pass and move without the ball also made him ideal for Adelman's offense, and the veteran was superb in helping fellow Russian Alexey Shved make the transition to Minnesota for his rookie season last year.
    espn

Upgrade at SF if Korver (same age as AK47) leaves. High IQ on offense, better defense; main concern is durability.

The more I read about our new pg, the more I like. He's being compared to Rondo slit, with a better shot and more athletic. Scouts are saying he can play now, does anyone know if Ferry has made a decision on where he plus next year?

If it is in Atl and we don"t get Paul or resign Jeff, I'd love to see the Hawks bring in Jack for the kid to learn from.

DH still wants to team up with CP. Doubt that that happen in Houston...

http://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/351120462887137281
    Schedule being set for Dwight Howard free agency visits in LA: Golden State and Atlanta expected Monday... Dallas and Lakers Tuesday.

Any word on a meeting with CP3?

well it's over, paul commits to the clippers. it's time go winless for wiggins!

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    well it's over, paul commits to the clippers. it's time go winless for wiggins!
    This (in agreement with rebuilding through the draft).

Going for the big Dwight/CP3 championship dream was nice, but please no more 1st round exits by signing the b or c level talent to big contracts just to barely make the playoffs. Sometimes it's best to take a step back to go forward. I feel that with the structure in place with Ferry/Bud working on the same page, rebuilding won't be as bad as others believe. Usually the teams stuck year after year in the lottery doesn't have the GM/Coach unity that we have. Looking at the revolving door for coaches with the Bobcats, or Kings. Look at the GM's decisions with Raptors or Wolves. Our GM/Coach has a plan, we should feel a step ahead of the other teams if we go the lottery/tank route.

Wiggins/Parker/Randle/Smart the list goes on and on. One of those players could be on our team next year and that is better IMO that overpaying an Ellis or Jefferson to keep an 8th seed alive this season. Worst place to be in the NBA is the middle.

I would be happy if we could SnT Smith for another draft pick. Depending on the team, 2 draft picks next year could be a huge turnaround for the team.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 06-30-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Well the DH12 deal isn't officially dead as Rondo is apparently on the market. But as we discussed before the draft, Howard would have to commit to me before I made that deal.

Do you think the Hawks would have any interest in Gortat and would dangle Jenkins and Nogueria or picks for him?

Anything on Josh Smith S&T? I was hoping for a 1st rounder in next year's draft...

Page 15 of 108 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast