Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103
Results 1,531 to 1,543 of 1543
  1. #1531
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,656
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    If the Hawks landed #2 pick, I think I would want to stick with Trae and get most for #2 (Morant). I've been liking Trae more as the season progresses. Do I think Morant more athletic and plays better D than Trae, absolutely. Problem is, Trae has already proven himself and putting up better numbers thru the season. Morant hasn't yet, not saying he won't. I just have enough confident in Trae. I think he will have a SUPER career. Put someone like Culver alongside with him and he'll have more floor spacing. Reason why I say Culver is bc I think going in between best of what we can get and the worse via draft plus Dallas', I say we get Culver and Hunter. This happens, offer Vuvevic max as soon as the FA market opens. I'm content with this lineup moving forward:



    Hunter
    Collins
    Vucevic
    Young
    Culver


    Huerter
    Prince
    Bembry
    Spellman
    Len
    Carter
    Just my opinion...... but Culver and Hunter have limited upside. I think both could make a difference day one and be well above avg rookies. Itís just 2-3 years down the line I think we will regret not going with higher upside guys like Reddish or Doumbouya. I donít think we are good enough to go with the impact now guys. As the GM said we are still in the building phase. I see Reddish and Doumbouya having AS potential, now none of us know if they will reach their ceilings, but thatís why is called upside. While I see Hunter and Culver as guys who can make solid contributions now, just never at an all star level. Just my opinion though.

  2. #1532
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    All that is assuming none of those teams land #1. But yeah, Iíll take out the knicks.
    Either way I still prefer Zion to go elsewhere. There are teams out there who deserves getting someone who can take them far. Knicks won plenty even tho last few seasons been horrible. Same with the Lakers. Enough is enough, let other teams win. Not disrespecting the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, Bulls, Cavs, etc. but would be nice to see other cities have a chance do well, aka the Hawks. If not the Hawks, I would like the Suns to get Zion even tho Morant would fit their biggest hole. I know, it is what it is but would love the see Atlanta all the sudden become a basketball city. Zion can make that happens. Sign Vureric (sp?) and still have another 1st rd pick (hopefully). I'm more than good with Reddish. Culver out of nowhere risen to one of best college player just this year. Will it continue? Only the NBA will answer that. Hunter, I like the guy. I agree with you he's shows potential to be an everyday player start his rookie season, but I think he'll continue to get better bc he's still raw. I came down to Reddish and Hunter to slide in SF slot especially if we do happen to trade Prince. I'm more than good with Reddish. All these guys will continue to improve IMO and be playoff contenders to say the least...

  3. #1533
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,656
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Either way I still prefer Zion to go elsewhere. There are teams out there who deserves getting someone who can take them far. Knicks won plenty even tho last few seasons been horrible. Same with the Lakers. Enough is enough, let other teams win. Not disrespecting the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, Bulls, Cavs, etc. but would be nice to see other cities have a chance do well, aka the Hawks. If not the Hawks, I would like the Suns to get Zion even tho Morant would fit their biggest hole. I know, it is what it is but would love the see Atlanta all the sudden become a basketball city. Zion can make that happens. Sign Vureric (sp?) and still have another 1st rd pick (hopefully). I'm more than good with Reddish. Culver out of nowhere risen to one of best college player just this year. Will it continue? Only the NBA will answer that. Hunter, I like the guy. I agree with you he's shows potential to be an everyday player start his rookie season, but I think he'll continue to get better bc he's still raw. I came down to Reddish and Hunter to slide in SF slot especially if we do happen to trade Prince. I'm more than good with Reddish. All these guys will continue to improve IMO and be playoff contenders to say the least...
    Of course Iíd prefer we land Zion, but Iím totally against him going to the Suns! The Suns have tanked the last 4 years! They landed a superstar in Booker, a super athlete in Johnson, not to mention the Bender and Chris drat and landed the #1 last season. They have far more talent on their roster than any other team excluding the Lakers! I think itíd be a damn shame if they landed #1! They have robbed the nba and their fans of competitive basketball for the last 4 yrs on purpose! At least Philly and the Lakers can say they had injuries, the Suns just loose with talent to get more talent!

  4. #1534
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,656
    I also agree we should take a run at Vucevic or Horford if we donít land Zion. If we do land Zion, Collins will be playing an undersized 5 and there would be no need.

    I think the Hawks should take best player available regardless of position. I donít think we have enough talent to pick for fit. The only difficult one being pg because of size. I wouldnít be pissed if we took two wing players. So where is Billy Knight?

  5. #1535
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,656
    Hypothetically if we land number one and John makes it known he doesnít want to play center, what would it take in return to move Collins?

    Would Brandon Ingram and the Lakers first round pick be enough, for Collins?

  6. #1536
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Hypothetically if we land number one and John makes it known he doesnít want to play center, what would it take in return to move Collins?

    Would Brandon Ingram and the Lakers first round pick be enough, for Collins?
    Didn't he say he'll play wherever he's needed to help the team? Could get mixed up with the Braves' players. I know, diff sports. Lol. Not sure of that trade. Not saying I don't like it but I sure do like Collins. This is gonna be a BIG off-season for the NBA and I hope the Hawks make a big splash and have a successful draft year. Not much longer til we find out. I appreciate your feedbacks, SB75. Would be nice to see more like you here. I would chime in the Braves forum but seems to be someone will be critical of your post and drama starts. I want no part of that lol. I do enjoy reading there and I do post every once so often there. Thanks again, bud...

  7. #1537
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,656
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Didn't he say he'll play wherever he's needed to help the team? Could get mixed up with the Braves' players. I know, diff sports. Lol. Not sure of that trade. Not saying I don't like it but I sure do like Collins. This is gonna be a BIG off-season for the NBA and I hope the Hawks make a big splash and have a successful draft year. Not much longer til we find out. I appreciate your feedbacks, SB75. Would be nice to see more like you here. I would chime in the Braves forum but seems to be someone will be critical of your post and drama starts. I want no part of that lol. I do enjoy reading there and I do post every once so often there. Thanks again, bud...
    If JC is willing to do that it gives us a tone of flexibility! Having a front court of Collins and Zion, with Trae running the point, we would become the new and improved LOB CITY.

    Well ego and pride ruined this Hawks forum once before so I get it. We had imposter fans who because they had the same favorite player as our fans, our fans agreed with the craziest of their ideas. We had a Knick fan pretending to be a Hawks fan and told us how Al Horfordís post game was his bread and butter? Our fans loving Al actually agreed..... I love Al to, but he has never had a monster post game! Not even at Florida! After proving him inexplicably wrong, I decided to step away for a while. I just stopped posting for a while and let it die out. However I enjoy your post as well and would love for it to pick back up with those that want to discuss the Hawks without getting personal or in their feelings or straight up lying.

    Our Braves forum can be click-ish at times, but there are a lot of dedicated fans and good ideas. I refrain from some at times and caption it as I prefer to chat with the adults..... lol... However even those guys are dedicated fans with good insight. I do wish they had a mod that quashed the bs, but that would take all day and who wants to referee a forum? Iíd welcome you to it though.

  8. #1538
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,656
    We will land one an ten tonight!

  9. #1539
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    We will land one an ten tonight!

    Man, #1 would just change the city of Atlanta. Ticket sales, jersey sales, and everything would just go thru the roof! Oh please let it happen....

    I think nothing better can happen than getting Williamson and Reddish (off Dallas pick) and sign Vuveric. After a year or two of seasoning, we would just only become a bigger threat in all of NBA...

    I know, I know, would Reddish fall that far in the draft (9th n on...)? Probably not but you just never know...

  10. #1540
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,452
    8 and 10. Wow...

    The Lakers in top 4. Oh well...

  11. #1541
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,656
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    8 and 10. Wow...

    The Lakers in top 4. Oh well...
    And Zion actually preferred Atl! That sucks!

    Hopefully Cam falls to 8 and Iíve seen one draft predicting that and us drafting him at 8. At 10 Iíd really like Doumbouya! Heís raw and will take sometime, Burt comparisons are calling him Greek Freek light and a lire more athletic! I could definitely go for a player who could be 20 and 10 while playing great defense an handle guarding most front court players. So as of today thatís what I wasnít.

    Wouldnít be surprised to see Atl package the future Cle pick and ten to move up.

  12. #1542
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    And Zion actually preferred Atl! That sucks!

    Hopefully Cam falls to 8 and Iíve seen one draft predicting that and us drafting him at 8. At 10 Iíd really like Doumbouya! Heís raw and will take sometime, Burt comparisons are calling him Greek Freek light and a lire more athletic! I could definitely go for a player who could be 20 and 10 while playing great defense an handle guarding most front court players. So as of today thatís what I wasnít.

    Wouldnít be surprised to see Atl package the future Cle pick and ten to move up.
    Clev's pick is top 10 unprotected so doubt anyone would be interested. Not sure what I would do with our picks. If Culver, Reddish or Hunter falls to 8, would be great but highly doubt they will. Hayes would be a nice add-on and I can see him at 8 or 10. Other than that, don't think be worth the picks. Don't wanna keep front loading our teams with rookies unless those players I listed fall in our lap in the draft. I think we should draft shooters with the 3-2nd rd picks. Trade up our picks? Would it be worth trading our 2 picks for Culver, Reddish or Hunter? If those 3 guys are not there maybe trade our 8th pick and take chances on Hayes falling to 10? This is mind boggling as we do not know til draft night...

  13. #1543
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,656
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Clev's pick is top 10 unprotected so doubt anyone would be interested. Not sure what I would do with our picks. If Culver, Reddish or Hunter falls to 8, would be great but highly doubt they will. Hayes would be a nice add-on and I can see him at 8 or 10. Other than that, don't think be worth the picks. Don't wanna keep front loading our teams with rookies unless those players I listed fall in our lap in the draft. I think we should draft shooters with the 3-2nd rd picks. Trade up our picks? Would it be worth trading our 2 picks for Culver, Reddish or Hunter? If those 3 guys are not there maybe trade our 8th pick and take chances on Hayes falling to 10? This is mind boggling as we do not know til draft night...
    To be clear..... no the top ten protected pick and # 10 are not going to get you #1! But possibly #7 Garland and White are gone, or if Chi doesnít feel that strongly that they will be drafted before 10, if one remains. Atl nor Wash are likely to take a pg! If either are on the board, the Bulls could hedge their bets and pick up a future asset.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •