Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Kawhi Leonard= Shawn Marion 2.0

Now I haven't looked over the more advanced stats but that's the only guy I think of when I see Kawhi play and I'll give my reasons.

1. Defensive versatility. Both guys can pretty much guard 1-4 due to their great length, big hands, lateral quickness and surprising strength for their lean builds.

2. Kawhi doesn't seem to have the ability to carry a team as the 1st option but much like young Matrix will be an elite 2nd or 3rd option in his prime most likely.

3. Is an INSANE rebounder for his size, similar to Marion.

4. Both above average athletically, great finishing ability.

5. Underrated IQ and passing ability.

Thoughts?

"Blake Griffin. You are nothing more than a high school bully!"

I understand what you mean, but I think Leonard can be better than the Matrix. He is, as of now, as good as Marion was in his prime.

agreed, without the jumpshot that looks like its a hot potato and he has a torn shoulder limb that can't extend.

But great comparison.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by DTownSkitzo View Post
    I understand what you mean, but I think Leonard can be better than the Matrix. He is, as of now, as good as Marion was in his prime.
    no. he. isn't.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Not sure if srs... prime Marion was a 22 ppg, 12 rpg, 2 bpg, 2 spg, 2 apg player with a PER of 24 and TS% of 59 in his best year which is SUPERSTAR numbers. I LOVE Kawhi but he's nowhere near there yet.

He isn't putting up the numbers yet, but that is due to him being on a deep team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    agreed, without the jumpshot that looks like its a hot potato and he has a torn shoulder limb that can't extend.

But great comparison.
    Ugliest shot in NBA history. Much like Matrix I'm confident Kawhi will age extremely well and be an elite defender well into his late 30's.

I realize I'll get flak for my comment and that's fine. It's just an opinion. I can only go by the eye test right now. You're right, I have no statistical argument.

Umm kinda. Definitely nowhere near as ugly a jumper.

But prime Matrix was far more explosive than Leonard is right now.

I realize I'll get flak for my comment and that's fine. It's just an opinion. I can only go by the eye test right now. You're right, I have no statistical argument.
    Did you watch Phoenix Suns Matrix? Also could be hard to fathom because Kawhi is playing so freaking well in the biggest stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Umm kinda. Definitely nowhere near as ugly a jumper.

But prime Matrix was far more explosive than Leonard is right now.
    Kawhi better shot, Matrix better attacking the paint.

Yeah I did. They also played at such a high tempo. That Suns team was fun to watch.

Yeah I did. They also played at such a high tempo. That Suns team was fun to watch.
    He also played huge minutes. So no doubt Marion's stats are what would be called inflated. Kawhi isn't aggressive enough offensively yet to be quite on that level but defense, rebounding are already nearly equal.

Ok I'll rescind my better comment, but I think he can be as good. It's true he isn't as explosive but he finds his ways.

He isn't putting up the numbers yet, but that is due to him being on a deep team.
    no, it isn't. He is nowhere near Marion's peak level yet. Does he project as a similar player?

Yes

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast