Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Will your PSN ID (gamertag) carry over to the PS4? I've used the same gamertag since 2008. It won't feel right using anything else.
    Yeah Sony confirmed it.

A good E3 Interview about Playstation Services and when they will launch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnaikAc-7Og
    He felt that one

Bye Bye Haters

KNICKS SEAHAWKS RANGERS MARINERS

I'm a long-time XBOX user but really never had a problem with PS. Pretty sure I'll be getting a PS4 and I'm excited to see what they come with.

Does anybody know or read about how Gaikai will work? Like when it launches will your games carry over when the game is available through Gaikai?

@jason

Check out that video interview I posted above with the sony game developer for more info. Gaikai is set to launch early 2014. Here's basically all the info we have so far on it. They are going to start with couple PS3 games and try to get more as the year progresses.

Sony to begin rolling out cloud gaming services next year

Cloud streaming service Gaikai will allow the streaming of a select number of PS3 games on the PS4 from the start of 2014.

Announcing the news at its E3 press conference, Sony said that the service wouldn’t be available straight away at the console’s launch, but would arrive at a later date.

The service will go live in the US first, and offer a limited range of PS3 games. Vita streaming will also be offered later next year.

Sony also said it would eventually deliver console quality “across a range of devices”.

Sony forked out $380 million for Gaikai last year, and the cloud streaming service is expected to eventually play an integral role in how the PS4 operates.

Sony will use Gaikai's streaming technology to offer instant demoes through the PlayStation Store, Perry said. With Gaikai in the PlayStation Store, you'll be able to try anything instantly, Perry explained. "Simply press the X button to hop in and start playing the game," Perry said. "With Gaikai, you'll be able to instantly experience anything you want."

Using a Share button on the PlayStation 4, players will be able to share their gameplay experiences through networks like Facebook and Ustream.

"By combining the PS4, the PlayStation Network, and these social platforms, our goal is to become the social platform for gaming."

Perry touched on real-time streaming of PS4 games, "allowing your friends to look over your shoulder virtually while playing."

Perry even promised that players will be able to ask a friend over the internet to take over their game, should they find themselves in a rough spot in a game. Perry teased a "director" mode for games, letting other players interact with your game by dropping you health, maps and other items over the internet.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/4...on-PS4-in-2014

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/20/400...n-cloud-gaikai
    He felt that one

Bye Bye Haters

Quote Originally Posted by TeamMelo15 View Post
    @jason

Check out that video interview I posted above with the sony game developer for more info. Gaikai is set to launch early 2014. Here's basically all the info we have so far on it. They are going to start with couple PS3 games and try to get more as the year progresses.
    Yea I watched the video but they didn't say what I wanted to know. Do we have to re purchase our digital purchases or will they carry and let us stream or maybe read our PS3 discs and then start streaming it?

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Yea I watched the video but they didn't say what I wanted to know. Do we have to re purchase our digital purchases or will they carry and let us stream or maybe read our PS3 discs and then start streaming it?
    Well I do know your PSN account is carrying over once the PS4 launches so I'm assuming that your digital purchases will as well (won't know until more info is revealed).

I don't think the PS3 disc is involved though in the process. I believe you just purchase or download the PS3 game and its streamed to your system through Gaikai, because the PS4 hardware doesn't have the capability of doing backwards compatibility directly.

FWIW: If anybody else knows the process in more detail please feel free to comment.
    Last edited by TeamSeattle; 06-17-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    He felt that one

Bye Bye Haters

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    Also, you can't get a baseball game (presumably) on the Xbox One, while PS4 has the show.
    I wont be getting the PS4 but if i ever do its for the show. MS needs to do something about that. My friend only has a PS3 for that reason alone lol My question is did 2k have a deal with MLB for the game and thats why EA stopped making a baseball game?
    Last edited by grkmaster; 06-17-2013 at 09:43 AM.
    LETS GO KNICKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grkmaster View Post
    I wont be getting the PS4 but if i ever do its for the show. MS needs to do something about that. My friend only has a PS3 for that reason alone lol My question is did 2k have a deal with MLB for the game and thats why EA stopped making a baseball game?
    Yea but I believe that license ran out.

Edit: Yup http://kotaku.com/5884340/having-mad...n-it-next-year

For me this is why the 2k series sucks. I noticed in 2k8 and they have never fixed it. It's pathetic.
    "In last year's game, we weren't getting enough of the hit types we usually see in baseball." The designers wanted to introduce more of these kinds of outcomes—early swings on outside pitches that actually pull the ball, inside-out swings and the like—but wanted to be sure they happened with the appropriate frequency.
    I played 2k9 a lot and I never once saw a double off the wall or a triple. Nothing was random and it seemed like you see the exact type of hit 3-4 times in 1 game. Sorry OT, but I hate MLB 2k.

The Cult of Gattis

PS4 dominating sales charts. http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=593486

Just preordered the Battlefield 4 bundle on Amazon. PS4, BF4, one year PS Plus, release date delivery for $500? I'll take it.
    Last edited by BroadStBullies; 06-17-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    Philadelphia Phillies
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia Sixers
    Philadelphia Flyers

The PlayStation 4 controller is just slightly better than the best thing ever

What people like or dislike in a video game controller is often subjective; our hands come in many sizes and shapes, and what feels comfortable to me may be intolerable for you across lengthy playing sections. There is no perfect controller, as everyone is looking for slightly different things in how they control their games.

That being said, the PlayStation 4 controller may be the best thing since sliced bread.

The sum of its parts

It’s hard to measure the controller against its peers without having a variety of controllers right next to each other, but the DualShock 4 feels larger in my hand, with a much more rounded design where you grip the controller. It’s also slightly heavier, and the overall design rests against the natural curves of your hand in a much more natural way.

My first thought when a developer placed the controller in my hand was the following: “Holy ****, that’s nice.” It takes a bit to work backwards to figure out everything Sony did in the design to get that reaction, but there you go.

It felt almost too good, like I was holding something illicit. I was afraid it would be taken away. It felt like the first time I touched a girl’s breast in the backseat of a car with fogged up windows, scared that her parents were going to fling the door open and start yelling at me. I wanted to grab the controller and run. I wanted to nuzzle it against my face and ask it who is a good controller? Who is a good controller?

You’re a good controller, you sexy thing, you.

The triggers are likewise more comfortable, curving slightly inward to hold your finger. The buttons and D-pad likely have some subtle distinctions between the Dual Shock 4 and the previous PlayStation 3 controllers, but I couldn’t tell much of a difference. The controller comes with rumble, standard, so we don’t have to suffer through Sony claiming that force feedback is a “last-gen” feature because it doesn’t want to pay to license it.
    http://penny-arcade.com/report/artic...best-thing-eve

Another thing I don't understand about the Xbox 1. What is up with the huge box? The PS4 is like 40% smaller and 50% more powerful. IDK what Microsoft was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    Yea but I believe that license ran out.

Edit: Yup http://kotaku.com/5884340/having-mad...n-it-next-year

For me this is why the 2k series sucks. I noticed in 2k8 and they have never fixed it. It's pathetic.

I played 2k9 a lot and I never once saw a double off the wall or a triple. Nothing was random and it seemed like you see the exact type of hit 3-4 times in 1 game. Sorry OT, but I hate MLB 2k.
    so how is Sony able to create a game? MS used to make a game as well on the original xbox
    LETS GO KNICKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chicagocubsfan View Post
    Another thing I don't understand about the Xbox 1. What is up with the huge box? The PS4 is like 40% smaller and 50% more powerful. IDK what Microsoft was thinking.
    i actually just saw the different in size side to side lol .. Maybe Microsoft did it for more cooling purposes and avoid any issues like the original xbox?
    LETS GO KNICKS!!!

Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast