Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 178 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    Here is my problem

Kindle: Digital books that you can't resale or trade. People buy that **** up like crazy.
    MP3 Players: Digital music that you can't resale or trade. Everyone loves digital music.
    Steam: Digital PC games that you can't resale or trade. PC gamers love that ****.
    X1: Digital video games that you can resale (kind of) and you can trade once (but can give free access to). OMG!! The sorcery!! Its PS fanboys driving the train. Every type of digital media has been for the better. 1 year from now no one will be talking about DRM.
    But we are not talking about $1 music singles or $10 books. We are talking about $60 games. Steam often has amazing, incredible sales. Microsoft does not. Microsoft has to give some incentive for digital downloads. If the games are going to be $60 and you can't resell then what's the point? No one will buy games.

Official Xbox One Discussion Thread

The Xbox One has more potential, but we will have to wait and see of they achieve that potential.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagocubsfan View Post
    But we are not talking about $1 music singles or $10 books. We are talking about $60 games. Steam often has amazing, incredible sales. Microsoft does not. Microsoft has to give some incentive for digital downloads. If the games are going to be $60 and you can't resell then what's the point? No one will buy games.
    I know but to get to there we have to make the switch at some point. When literally everything is moving to digital I found it hard to believe that video games are off limits. Nostalgia is holding people back. I downloaded 3 games off Xbox live this year. It was simple, cheap, and I didn't feel like I was being taken advantage of.
    Last edited by ATL#22; 06-17-2013 at 04:58 PM.

The Cult of Gattis

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    The Xbox One has more potential, but we will have to wait and see of they achieve that potential.
    I wouldn't say "more" persay. But it has the potential to be just as good as the 360 while having a good market share in US/UK. Depends on how Microsoft spins the used game/DRM fiasco into a positive. And more Halo and Gears couldn't hurt.

I personally trade games into Amazon. They give you a pretty fair amount and Amazon credit is worth much more to me than Gamestop credit because you can use it on whatever and it's tax free.
    It's tax free at game stop too if you are using the credit.

Here is my problem

Kindle: Digital books that you can't resale or trade. People buy that **** up like crazy.
    MP3 Players: Digital music that you can't resale or trade. Everyone loves digital music.
    Steam: Digital PC games that you can't resale or trade. PC gamers love that ****.
    X1: Digital video games that you can resale (kind of) and you can trade once (but can give free access to). OMG!! The sorcery!! Its PS fanboys driving the train. Every type of digital media has been for the better. 1 year from now no one will be talking about DRM.
    The thing is I still have the option to buy my music on CDs or LPs(a medium the music industry tried to kill for 30 years) and I still can buy my regular books to put them on my shelf. (Never bought an e-book to this point btw.)
    And on PS3 and 4 I can buy a retail version on Blue Ray or go the digital download route. I and many other people like to have an option and don't like it when corporations tell me what to do.
    If I want to break my new video game into pieces or use it as an expensive frisbee I have the option to do it

Digital downloads are nice but a choice is always better than no choice.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/xb...ole-6C10351938

said that the Xbox One's compatibility with the Xbox 360 was one of his "first questions" when he heard about the console's HDMI plug-in features, noting that gamers would "absolutely" be able to attach the two consoles.
    Not sure it's something I'd do. So technically a friend could be playing an old 360 game and you could be playing a Xbox One game on the same TV.

The Cult of Gattis

Quote Originally Posted by keymax View Post
    The thing is I still have the option to buy my music on CDs or LPs(a medium the music industry tried to kill for 30 years) and I still can buy my regular books to put them on my shelf. (Never bought an e-book to this point btw.)
    And on PS3 and 4 I can buy a retail version on Blue Ray or go the digital download route. I and many other people like to have an option and don't like it when corporations tell me what to do.
    If I want to break my new video game into pieces or use it as an expensive frisbee I have the option to do it

Digital downloads are nice but a choice is always better than no choice.
    Yup, and with the Xbox One you would still retain the digital rights to that game and be able to play it. If you CHOOSE to of course but with the PS4 you would have to buy the game again.

The Cult of Gattis

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    I wouldn't say "more" persay. But it has the potential to be just as good as the 360 while having a good market share in US/UK. Depends on how Microsoft spins the used game/DRM fiasco into a positive. And more Halo and Gears couldn't hurt.
    I just think that if MS is able to establish a steam-like system a year or two, maybe three, down the road, it'll far exceed anything the PS4 has and would be a game changer for consoles in the future. It'll be revolutionary for consoles IF they can implement it correctly.

And yes, those couldn't hurt either. For what it's worth, 343i said Halo 5/Halo Xbox One will be the darkest Halo game in the series, so that's pretty exciting for a huge Halo fan like myself.

The Cult of Gattis

Yup, and with the Xbox One you would still retain the digital rights to that game and be able to play it. If you CHOOSE to of course but with the PS4 you would have to buy the game again.
    500GB is too small of an HDD to support many games. There needs to be external options as it would be a ***** to delete and re-download games

Really long but mature video about Xbox One's vision. Their vision as they called it is "future proofing." It compares Xbox's reveal to an Apple reveal. It's easy to ask why would want I this? But once you see the technology and how it simplifies TV/Gaming/Social it's going to be demanded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SNetpM6RFs

And then below there's a bunch of children making comments.
    Last edited by ATL#22; 06-17-2013 at 07:04 PM.

The Cult of Gattis

Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    500GB is too small of an HDD to support many games. There needs to be external options as it would be a ***** to delete and re-download games
    It allows for USB external upgrades

The Cult of Gattis

Really long but mature video about Xbox One's vision. Their vision as they called it is "future proofing." It compares Xbox's reveal to an Apple reveal. It's easy to ask why would want I this? But once you see the technology and how it simplifies TV/Gaming/Social it's going to be demanded.

Yes. Pretty much all consoles/devices are future proof nowadays. It's not a big deal.

Only one of those I care about, but I could see this possibly being popular with the family types. Getting your traditional family to ditch the DirectTV/Comcast box is going to be a tough sell though. Most families have their consoles completely separate from the "main tv" for their kids to play on so they wont be interrupted.

Page 3 of 178 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast