Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 178 1231151101 ... LastLast

Official Xbox One Discussion Thread

Everything not groundbreaking (such as a price drop or something) will be put into this thread.

In this thread you are allowed to:

1. Talk about the Xbox One
    2. Talk about the PS4
    3. Bash the PS4
    4. Compare both consoles (good and bad)
    5. Post relevant news regarding the Xbox One
    6. Discuss the Xbox One in an orderly fashion

In this thread you are NOT allowed to:
    1. Bash the Xbox One
    2. Make "fanboy" comments

Note: There is a fine-line between "bashing" and "discussing" the consoles negatives. Please tread carefully.

If you break these 2 very easy rules, you will receive at least an infraction. No questions asked. I will ask users to help me police these threads by reporting questionable posts.

Thank You.

Xbox One Specs

New Xbox One specs

8 Core x86 AMD CPU
    8 GB System Memory
    500 GB HDD
    Blu-ray Drive
    802.11n Wireless with Wi-Fi direct
    Gigabit Ethernet
    HDMI in/Out, 1080p, 4K support, Optical out
    USB 3.0
    Best I can find ATM. Will update if I find more detailed ones.
    Last edited by dbroncos78087; 06-16-2013 at 11:08 PM.

News Pt.2 (Save)

News Pt.3 (Save)

Pre ordered one with BF4. GameStop said they only had 2 left on the list

The Cult of Gattis

Im an xbox 360 guy, but Im thinking ps4, can someone tell me why they think the xbox would be the better choice?

It comes down to better games. Choose which console has games that interest you more and go from there. Also if you have ffiends on either console, well...

Quote Originally Posted by SMH! View Post
    Im an xbox 360 guy, but Im thinking ps4, can someone tell me why they think the xbox would be the better choice?
    For me its the potential. I love the idea of not having to look for my copies of games and load them into the cd drive since everything is automatically installed. The 24 hour check isnt a big deal to me in my house and if my internet goes down ill use my phone to tether to get it verified. The ability to go play games at anyones house without having to bring in a physical copy by just logging in and the load times of games will be very little.. And im a lazy fk lol so i like to just tell my xbox to play "name of game" or switch to tv with my voice.
    LETS GO KNICKS!!!

So I talked to a guy in the military. He does wireless networking in Afghanistan and is going to be deployed in July. He is still planning on pre ordering a X1. He says that almost all of the bases in Afghanistan have internet connection but it's not much faster then dial up. Even with that he says a ping every 24 hours wouldn't be an issue.

The Cult of Gattis

Really don't understand the whol "have to be online once every 24 hrs" seems whack as I don't really ever play online. Very rare

Also the camera always on you is odd

And why do you HAVE to have kinect? What if I don't want it? But I'm forced to buy it.

I'm thinking ps4

Quote Originally Posted by SMH! View Post
    Like grkmaster said. You have to decide whether used games is important to you. For me, I prefer digital. I feel like Gamestop doesn't benefit the consumer but only themselves. I prefer to have all my games save in one spot where I can access them from anywhere. You can also give 10 friends permission to share your games. It's still the same idea just without a physical disk. It's hard to let go of but the reality is everything is moving to digital. X1 is basically Steam for Consoles. Plus, the Kinect looks pretty sweet. I like to yell commands at my TV

The Cult of Gattis

Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    Like grkmaster said. You have to decide whether used games is important to you. For me, I prefer digital. I feel like Gamestop doesn't benefit the consumer but only themselves. I prefer to have all my games save in one spot where I can access them from anywhere. You can also give 10 friends permission to share your games. It's still the same idea just without a physical disk. It's hard to let go of but the reality is everything is moving to digital. X1 is basically Steam for Consoles. Plus, the Kinect looks pretty sweet. I like to yell commands at my TV
    I know everyone hates Gamestop but how do they not benefit the consumer? They give you used games for cheaper, they take away the risk/hassle of selling games yourself.

I have always been a GS fan and if you use them right you can get decent prices for your trade ins, and good deals on old games. Many times I have traded in a bunch of stuff and gotten a new system or something. I traded in my old DS and like 9 360/DS games and got the 3DSxl. Did the same with my PS2 for my 360.

I do most of my selling now via Amazon and most of my buying via them too, but I have always been a fan of GS, and I know people always say you are being ripped off, but I haven't really seen anyone come up with a better idea or start their own business to take it away from GS.

That being said I REALLY do hope the X1 is like Steam for a console, because I love digital, I love being able to just switch games without looking for a disc or getting my *** up off the couch. Thats why I have so many arcade games because its easy and fairly cheap. I have probably 10 full games as well on my 360.

Not being able to bring those to the 1 is a main reason I won't get one though (at least at launch).

Also after having a PS3 for a week now I cannot stand the interface. Its so awful compared to the 360, plus it takes FOREVER to download stuff. Took me like 3 days to download Uncharted 3, because it was too big to install so I had to DL in parts to finally get it. Then why does it take so long to install? And then the updates? My God. 360 you just DL and go and maybe a patch that takes a minute, and you are in business.

I hate the PS3 honestly.

13. 06-17-2013, 10:58 AM
    Reason
    double post :) ~WindyCityFlyer~

Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    I know everyone hates Gamestop but how do they not benefit the consumer? They give you used games for cheaper, they take away the risk/hassle of selling games yourself.

I have always been a GS fan and if you use them right you can get decent prices for your trade ins, and good deals on old games. Many times I have traded in a bunch of stuff and gotten a new system or something. I traded in my old DS and like 9 360/DS games and got the 3DSxl. Did the same with my PS2 for my 360.

I do most of my selling now via Amazon and most of my buying via them too, but I have always been a fan of GS, and I know people always say you are being ripped off, but I haven't really seen anyone come up with a better idea or start their own business to take it away from GS.

That being said I REALLY do hope the X1 is like Steam for a console, because I love digital, I love being able to just switch games without looking for a disc or getting my *** up off the couch. Thats why I have so many arcade games because its easy and fairly cheap. I have probably 10 full games as well on my 360.

Not being able to bring those to the 1 is a main reason I won't get one though (at least at launch).

Also after having a PS3 for a week now I cannot stand the interface. Its so awful compared to the 360, plus it takes FOREVER to download stuff. Took me like 3 days to download Uncharted 3, because it was too big to install so I had to DL in parts to finally get it. Then why does it take so long to install? And then the updates? My God. 360 you just DL and go and maybe a patch that takes a minute, and you are in business.

I hate the PS3 honestly.
    http://voices.yahoo.com/avoiding-gam...es-302512.html

A week later you come back and see that the games you traded in for pennies have been turned around and sold for more than double, sometimes four times as much as you traded them in for. To put it simply, GameStop got away with highway robbery and there's not a thing you can do about it.
    It's hilarious really. These PS guys are screaming blood murder because Microsoft is taking away their discs and then they turn around and get bent over by Gamestop and don't say a word. Gamestop makes A LOT of money and they do it by ripping you off.

The Cult of Gattis

Quote Originally Posted by poodski:26453791
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post

I hate the PS3 honestly.
    I agree... playstaion load times are ridiculous, their interface is wacked, and downloads take forever. Thats why i laugh when all the ps fanboys talk about how powerful the ps4 is. The ps3 was more powerful than the 360, but the 360 was way better in those 3 areas. It doesnt matter how powerful a machine is if the performance sucks.

Microsoft Confirmed 1st party titles will remain $60
    Third party games will likely be higher.

Page 1 of 178 1231151101 ... LastLast