Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Andre Drummond will be the best center in the NBA within 3 years

He was hands down the most underrated and underused rookie in the league. Whenever he got good minutes, he had DOMINANT all around impact on games. I haven't seen a player completely alter games like that as a rookie off the bench in a long time. I think he's better than Anthony Davis already as an all around player and had he gotten around 30-35 minutes a game he would have probably won ROY.

He put up 13 ppg, 13 rpg, 3 bpg 2 spg PER 36 with insane efficiency. Total rebound rate of about 22 percent already for a rookie with a supposedly weak motor is awesome. Unlike many freak of nature specimen like DJ, McGee etc... Drummond seems to have the fire and determination to improve. He's a total man among boys out there.

I'm seeing a much longer, better offensive version of Ben Wallace in Drummond which is basically a near perfect center. The guy has it all. Fantastic athleticism and size. Great hands, soft touch, fantastic defensive instincts, range on the jumper, elite rebounder. Way higher IQ than I imagined. Watch his shotblocking and you'll see the Ben Wallace controlled block deal.

Drummond>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cousins going forward.

20+/10+/3 bpg/2 spg for multiple seasons, mark my words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scdiy3LnePg
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 06-13-2013 at 02:59 PM.

"Blake Griffin. You are nothing more than a high school bully!"

Ill take that bet. " best center in the league" will never apply to Drummond

Can he be a top 10 C eventually ? Yea i think so but he deff won't be the best C in the league

He just doesn't have the offensive skill set and i never found "his drive" as a strong suit. He was just lazy at uconn.

Maybe he knew he was going pro after one year so he never really tried or put in the work at uconn he should have that's the only benefit I'm giving him but his defense is no surprise.

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Riveramk2 View Post
    Ill take that bet. " best center in the league" will never apply to Drummond

Can he be a top 10 C eventually ? Yea i think so but he deff won't be the best C in the league

He just doesn't have the offensive skill set and i never found "his drive" as a strong suit. He was just lazy at uconn.

Maybe he knew he was going pro after one year so he never really tried or put in the work at uconn he should have that's the only benefit I'm giving him but his defense is no surprise.
    Lol at potential to be "top 10". If he played big minutes this year he would of already been top 10 easily. Like I said.. No other center in the NBA averages his numbers per minute really. 13/13/3/2 with top efficiency, high WS/48 and elite rebound rate. Who else? Noah for example puts up 11.5 ppg/11 rpg/2 bpg PER 36 with much worse efficiency, much worse rebounding rate and worse WS/48. Noah puts up great assist numbers but much lower blocks and steals.

I'm not guaranteeing it... just strongly feel this way. Mad Uconn fan isn't exactly unbias about this. Let's hear from some Pistons fans too, they seem to love him.

After watching him all year this year in shortened minutes, I agree that I've never seen a rookie alter games the way he does on defense and how easy it is to lob to him.

Best center in 3 years? Maybe. He is some what raw on offense but if he learns to just bully people down low to get those buckets, then yes definitely. Defensively...a MONSTER!

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86:26431039

Lol at potential to be "top 10". If he played big minutes this year he would of already been top 10 easily. Like I said.. No other center in the NBA averages his numbers per minute really. 13/13/3/2 with top efficiency, high WS/48 and elite rebound rate. Who else? Noah for example puts up 11.5 ppg/11 rpg/2 bpg PER 36 with much worse efficiency, much worse rebounding rate and worse WS/48. Noah puts up great assist numbers but much lower blocks and steals.
    Considering ive actually met the guy and saw him work in practice at uconn i think i know about my uconn guys

Just because he didnt get starters minutes dont mean the numbers you projected using per 36 doesnt mean those wpuld be his numbers per 36 its more of an opportunity to make mental mistakes which he did frequently at uconn which was just 2 years ago

His offensive game will never develop but people can wait for it

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBadBoy View Post
    After watching him all year this year in shortened minutes, I agree that I've never seen a rookie alter games the way he does on defense and how easy it is to lob to him.

Best center in 3 years? Maybe. He is some what raw on offense but if he learns to just bully people down low to get those buckets, then yes definitely. Defensively...a MONSTER!
    Hilarious thing is raw on offense yet I've still seen him drop nice post moves pretty regularly. I don't predict he will be some Shaqesque 25-30 ppg scorer.. but flat 20 ppg for a couple seasons and high teens 5+ years is very realistic IMO. What's most important for Drummond offensively is that his hands and touch are there at a high level already. He seems to have a real high awareness of what's going on around him which is why I said his IQ is surprisingly high. I never saw a deer in headlights stupid look that most young bigs have.

Even if say the guy puts up 18/13/3/2/2 or something on top notch efficiency as the best defensive anchor in the game? That's a HOF center if he sustains and wins at a high level.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 06-13-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Considering ive actually met the guy and saw him work in practice at uconn i think i know about my uconn guys

Just because he didnt get starters minutes dont mean the numbers you projected using per 36 doesnt mean those wpuld be his numbers per 36 its more of an opportunity to make mental mistakes which he did frequently at uconn which was just 2 years ago

His offensive game will never develop but people can wait for it
    You watching him in college doesn't= knowing his game. Just like people from Oklahoma tried to tell me Blake's game and were dead wrong. He was actually BETTER at the NBA level than college. Same thing obviously applied to Drummond who's game fits the NBA more. I despise when people flat out say a player will NEVER accomplish this or that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Hilarious thing is raw on offense yet I've still seen him drop nice post moves pretty regularly. I don't predict he will be some Shaqesque 25-30 ppg scorer.. but flat 20 ppg for a couple seasons and high teens 5+ years is very realistic IMO. What's most important for Drummond offensively is that his hands and touch are there at a high level already. He seems to have a real high awareness of what's going on around him which is why I said his IQ is surprisingly high. I never saw a deer in headlights stupid look that most young bigs have.
    I agree, sounds like he will be working with Kareem this summer to pad his post game moves. He is so valuable to this Pistons squad right now, it's hard to say I would trade him for much outside of LeBron haha.

10. 06-13-2013, 03:14 PM
    Reason
    Baiting - SFrush90

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBadBoy View Post
    I agree, sounds like he will be working with Kareem this summer to pad his post game moves. He is so valuable to this Pistons squad right now, it's hard to say I would trade him for much outside of LeBron haha.
    Nice man! Unlike Andrew Bumum I can see D Train (my own nickname for him haha) improving a lot under guys like Kareem/Hakeem. I know man... I think his value is sky high, as in franchise player high right now. I was just thinking to myself other day if I'd trade say Blake Griffin for him... and I'd honestly strongly consider it. He just has that "IT" factor about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86:26431108

You watching him in college doesn't= knowing his game. Just like people from Oklahoma tried to tell me Blake's game and were dead wrong. He was actually BETTER at the NBA level than college. Same thing obviously applied to Drummond who's game fits the NBA more.
    I didnt just watch him at uconn i watched him in practices i know what im talking about

But your obviously not gonna listen to my point where ive been saying he cpuld be a top 10 c. You act like im disrespecting in. Im just not overrating him like you are

And i know people from uconns games i eat sleep and breathe uconn ball. I called kemba being a good pro when most wherr saying 6th man. Iv also said lamb will be nothing mpre than a role player gay never reaching his full potential as a player thabeet would bust and me saying drummond would be a defensive force in the nba

First Sim League Title!

13. 06-13-2013, 03:18 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post - SFrush90

14. 06-13-2013, 03:19 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post - SFrush90

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86:26431174

Feel free to disagree... just don't give bogus claims like "He will NEVER be a good offensive player" and act like because he was a disappointment in college... he won't thrive in the NBA and I won't "bi**h like a lil girl". I know Uconn fans DESPISED this guy and all... but it's naive to act like college players who sucked won't thrive in the NBA because it happens all the time and vice versa.
    Talk about bogus claims.

No one associated with uconn hates drummond

First Sim League Title!

I didnt just watch him at uconn i watched him in practices i know what im talking about

But your obviously not gonna listen to my point where ive been saying he cpuld be a top 10 c. You act like im disrespecting in. Im just not overrating him like you are

And i know people from uconns games i eat sleep and breathe uconn ball. I called kemba being a good pro when most wherr saying 6th man. Iv also said lamb will be nothing mpre than a role player gay never reaching his full potential as a player thabeet would bust and me saying drummond would be a defensive force in the nba
    Saying top 10 center when a guy has this much upside and all around game already IS an insult TBH. Outside of the top 5 centers maybe... you're talking about a bunch of mediocre centers.

Howard
    Noah
    Hibbert
    Cousins
    Bumum
    Gasol
    Horford
    Lopez
    Duncan

Who else? Duncan will retire within 3 years for sure. Horford is a nice player but nothing special really. Lopez is a solid center offensively but has the defensive impact of Steve Nash a lot of times. Marc Gasol had worse per minute numbers than Drummond THIS YEAR, I don't expect it to change. Bumum's knees are falling apart faster than McDyess'.

I'm thinking his only competition will be Howard, Cousins and Hibbert in the next few years unless some great rookie centers come.

His ball handling is pretty good for a C.

Never knew he could handle the rock like that.

No he won't be

Top 5 current centers

Dwight
    bynum
    Hibbert
    Lopez
    Noah/asik

I don't even see him cracking this group in 2 years, so how will he be the #1 in 3?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast