Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Who was the best C/PF combo of all time?

David Robinson did an interview last night before the game and it got be drooling over how awesome the D-Rob/Duncan combo was. I think it is fair to say that they were the best C/PF combo of all time, though it would have been nice to see them both in their prime at the same time. I'm sure there are some who disagree (though likely not many). So who do you have as the best C/PF combo? And list your top three combos so we can see a little variety. Where do you guys rank Ewing and Oakley? Or Hakeem and Thorpe? Wilt and Baylor (though Baylor played SF). Hakeem and Sampson (while it lasted)? Or any other combos I am forgetting.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

McHale and Parrish are extremely underrated as individuals. Probably more so as a duo. But they could hang with anyone and this is a Laker fan talking.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    David Robinson did an interview last night before the game and it got be drooling over how awesome the D-Rob/Duncan combo was. I think it is fair to say that they were the best C/PF combo of all time, though it would have been nice to see them both in their prime at the same time. I'm sure there are some who disagree (though likely not many). So who do you have as the best C/PF combo? And list your top three combos so we can see a little variety. Where do you guys rank Ewing and Oakley? Or Hakeem and Thorpe? Wilt and Baylor (though Baylor played SF). Hakeem and Sampson (while it lasted)? Or any other combos I am forgetting.
    You realize that you get fewer responses to your posts because everyone wanders off looking for more pictures of Christina Hendricks, right?

With that out of the way, Robinson and Duncan have a pretty strong argument. Anyone looked at the stats for this, to the extent they are comparable across eras?
    1 Kings 11:3: “He (Solomon) had seven hundred wives of royal birth and three hundred concubines, and his wives led him astray.” -- Biblical marriage. One man, seven hundred women.

Hakeem and Sampson for the little bit they were together was pretty good.

Alvin Hayes/Wes Unseld
    Dave Debuscherre/Willis Reed
    McHale/Parish

All good ones in no order in addition to the ones you mentioned

Moses and Barkley should have been.

Alonzo Mourning and Larry Johnson mid 90's were pretty solid.
    Perfection.

Monroe/Drummond

The Wallace boyz were pretty good.

If you dont mention VLADE DIVAC and chris webber then you dont know basketball.

VLADE DIVAC and anybody for that matter

nate thurmond + wilt Chamberlain.

-
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Hakeem and Sampson for the little bit they were together was pretty good.
    That's the first one that popped into my mind. So good on both ends. Good enough to beat Showtime Lakers and close to the legendary 86 Celtics in the finals. They were better than McHale+Parish imo, but they didn't have a Bird.

Id say McHale and Parish... if Sampson was healthy then it would have been him and Hakeem.
    UNC players with NBA Rings - 14

Duke players with NBA Rings - 3

Not the best but damn good Rodman/Laimbeer. Haha to the Pistons fanboy saying Munroe/Drummond. Also Mourning/Johnson was a good combo.
    Last edited by EastCoastRaptor; 06-12-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast