Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Durant intends to sign with Jay- Z (ESPN Reports)

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/93...nds-sign-jay-z

Jay-Z's upstart sports agency has received another big boost, as a source confirmed to ESPN on Friday night that Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant will leave his current agent to join Roc Nation Sports.

The source said Durant believes he doesn't need a contract agent now because he signed an $85 million extension with the Thunder in 2010 that will take him through the 2015-16 season. Instead, Durant -- already one of the most marketable players in the league -- has told those close to him that he wants to increase his brand.

A spokesman for Roc Nation Sports told ESPN that Durant is not currently a client. It's unknown whether Jay-Z will wait until he sells his small ownership share in the Brooklyn Nets -- it's believed he owns between one-fifth and one-fifteenth of 1 percent of the team -- before signing Durant. A source tells ESPN that Jay-Z's ownership sale has not yet been completed.

If Jay-Z is just doing marketing work for Durant, he might be able to steer clear of NBA rules that would prohibit him from representing a player and owning a piece of a team.

Durant has endorsement deals with Nike, Sprint, Gatorade, Skullcandy headphones, BBVA Compass, 2K Sports and Panini America. This will be Durant's third agent in his six years in the league. He was represented by Goodwin Sports and, most recently, Landmark Sports.

His departure from Landmark and move to Roc Nation Sports was first reported by the Sports Business Journal.

Since announcing his intention to start a sports agency just a couple of months ago, Jay-Z has signed some impressive clients, including New York Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano, New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith and former Notre Dame guard Skylar Diggins, who was recently selected third by the Tulsa Shock in the WNBA draft.

Other athletes who are said to be interested in signing with Roc Nation Sports, which has a relationship with Creative Artists Agency (CAA), include New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz and Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson.
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

Soooooo

S E A N....M A Y N E

I find this interesting since Jay-Z is with the Nets ownership. Seems almost like a conflict of interest. Not so much with Robinson Cano since he plays baseball.

#DoubleNickels

Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I find this interesting since Jay-Z is with the Nets ownership. Seems almost like a conflict of interest. Not so much with Robinson Cano since he plays baseball.
    Thought he wasn't with the Nets anymore.

He's selling his portion of the Nets I do believe. He's all about getting big time athletes to sign with him. He realized the money really wasn't with the Nets so he's moving on. He will be able to sign top players all time just because he's Jay Z & if he's does a good job. His whole business will take off

If he's selling his portion of the Nets, then it makes sense.

#DoubleNickels

I believe he is selling his portion to the owner of reddit but not sure if thats confirmed

seriously who gives a fck
    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

in before DMF and DMF's puppet (wavey) start trolling.

Cano, now Durant..he's landing some big names

Who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK4L View Post
    Cano, now Durant..he's landing some big names
    Next he's gonna sign Floyd Mayweather and Tiger Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers+Giants View Post
    in before DMF and DMF's puppet (wavey) start trolling.
    I think Durant is going to sign with the Lakers (Am I still trolling?).

Quote Originally Posted by c.c. View Post
    Next he's gonna sign Floyd Mayweather and Tiger Woods
    On some level I think these guys are signing with him just cause they want to hang out with him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    On some level I think these guys are signing with him just cause they want to hang out with him lol.
    Jay Z is a brilliant ****ing dude.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast