Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What kind of numbers can Tim Duncan put up in the finals?

I think if Duncan can put up similar numbers to Roy Hibbert vs MIA, then spurs win. Is 22 PPG 10 REB 1 BLK realistic for Duncan. Also Hibbert had 35 OFF REB (5 Per Game) which was one of the most effective parts of his game.

I think Duncan can put up 20 and 10 but I am not sure if he and splitter can hurt the heat on the offensive glass like the pacers did. Thats why I think it will be a close series.

Duncan is good at tip-ins. I think he'll average 20 points with 8 or 9 rebounds. He's not as much of a shot blocker, but I think he will have 25-35 points in one or two games. He can't afford to disappear, and he doesn't get into foul trouble often. He's been solid this year, so I expect him to have a good series, win or lose. If Parker and Ginobili can consistently produce big numbers, the Spurs are going to be tough to beat. Their perimeter players and bench might need to step up for one game or so if the big 3 start to play poorly. I just hope nobody gets injured, on both teams.

6/15/19...when my wish became a reality.

i think 20-10 is doable for sure. he did that vs. GS, and there's no reason to think he won't be getting rebounds at a similar clip. he average 3 blocks a game vs. memphis, but i don't think he'll be doing quite as much of that vs. miami. 20-10-2 with a block and a steal on like 46% shooting is my guess
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

He will make Bosh want to face Hibbert again. The athleticism is gone, but he is much much smarter and will iritate Bosh and get him into foul trouble.

I think people will be disappointed with this series. If Lebron camps in the paint, it can easily be a Heat sweep but I say Miami in 5. West coast teams are not physical, which is what you need against Miami

Quote Originally Posted by tr3ymill3r View Post
    He will make Bosh want to face Hibbert again. The athleticism is gone, but he is much much smarter and will iritate Bosh and get him into foul trouble.
    no. have you seen the head to head between the two? Bosh has pretty much outplayed him the last 5 games. At best, they cancel each other out.

I think it comes to the play of Ginobili and Wade.

Agreed. I think Hibbert might be a little stronger at this point, maybe with more of a presence on the boards, but Tim Duncan is smart, he has played against these guys his entire career, and will know their weaknesses and ways to get under their skin. IMHO, seeing who all Bosh has gone up against during his tenure with the Heat (Boozer, Dirk, Garnett, Ibaka), I think Duncan is the smartest and least emotional, he will think about what he needs to do, ways to cause issues, instead of someone like Garnett who goes out there raging, letting his emotions control him. In a lot of ways I am still a little surprised the Mavericks won back in 2011. But no complaints, that's for sure.
    OHIO STATE BASKETBALL
    NCAA CHAMPIONS: 1960
    NCAA Runner-Up: 1939, 1961, 1962, 2007
    Final Four: 1939, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1950, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1968, 2007, 2012
    #5 HAVLICEK #11 LUCAS #22 JACKSON #35 BRADDS

Quote Originally Posted by 4milesperday View Post
    I think people will be disappointed with this series. If Lebron camps in the paint, it can easily be a Heat sweep but I say Miami in 5. West coast teams are not physical, which is what you need against Miami
    So you don't think the Grizzles are a physical team? Z-BO, Gasol, Allen... etc

The team that got swept by the spurs!

Bosh only lost against Hibbs because of the athleticism. Bosh is no idiot and is more athletic than Timmy. Should be an even matchup.

Bosh is no scrub no matter how bad he performed against Indiana. Hibbert was just a matchup nightmare for him. 3-inch-and-50lbs disadvantage is hard to overcome for a player of his body type and physicality. I fully expect Bosh to neutralize Duncan if they guard each other.

I'm actually more worried about Leonard. The Heat tend to leave players like him open to shoot 3's and get rebounds.

17/11.

I think Duncan is going to abuse the Heat frontline. I'll say 27 and 12, but in his prime he'd have put up 30+.

18-9-2-1 is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I think Duncan is going to abuse the Heat frontline. I'll say 27 and 12, but in his prime he'd have put up 30+.
    No way in hell he goes off like that, if he somehow does though the spurs win in 6.

What kind of numbers can Tim Duncan put up in the finals?

25 and 12 in wins

18 or lower with 9 boards in spurs loses

First Sim League Title!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast