Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kawhi Leonard

Kawhi Leonard

This guy deserves his own thread. He is going to be in the spotlight for the first time in these NBA Finals and people who don't regularly watch the Spurs are going to be surprised. He is truly the 3rd best player on the Spurs right now ahead of Manu.

From ESPN (http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9...awhi-leonard):
    "At only 21, Leonard has become the Spurs' third star in these playoffs behind Tim Duncan and Tony Parker and ahead of Manu Ginobili. He's their second-best rebounder, their steals leader, and their second-best shooter (56.5 percent). And with arms like a squid and hands the size of waffle irons, their best perimeter defender."

I'm looking forward to the Kawhi love fest that will soon be upon us...
    Brooklyn Nets

I hope he shines.

i would like to welcome all the new spurs fans.

And let's not forget he gets the bulk of guarding Lebron. I really like him, but he is going to have to go all out on D for Lebron.

This was a really good read on him. Had it tough coming up. Sad story

You pronounce San Antonio Spurs star Kawhi Leonard's first name "Kuh-why." And yet Leonard refuses to make "why" a part of his life anymore.

Why was his dad murdered that Friday night five years ago at the Compton, Calif., car wash he owned?

Why has no one been arrested?

Why has not even one witness cooperated with the police?

"Man, I just try not to think about it," says the 6-foot-7 Leonard, who was 16 when his dad was shot and killed. "It was in L.A. Murders happen out there and nobody ever finds out. It is what it is, I guess."

He's no match for Lebron I'm afraid.

Kawhi is going to get murdered by Lebron. He is going to make a name for himself, as the guy who cost the Spurs a championship. Guy is garbage on defense.

To be fair you can't stop Lebron only hope you can contain him and he will have his moments and shine, Have nothing but faith in him.

Thank You For EVERYTHING Tim Duncan!

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    Kawhi is going to get murdered by Lebron. He is going to make a name for himself, as the guy who cost the Spurs a championship. Guy is garbage on defense.
    Yeahhh rigggghttt.

always had an impression he was a great defender, he will still probably get murdered by lebron though.

Some people aren't even reading the article, just talking about what the guy can't do.

Sucks what happen to his dad but you know he plays hard for him and to make him proud.

I'm assuming sarcasm or you've never watched Leonard before..

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Some people aren't even reading the article, just talking about what the guy can't do.
    No I read the synopsis and the OP's thoughts. That is what my reaction is on. Guy is going to have some problems containing LeBron.

Wow, sad story. They might not be related at all but it could explain his quiet demeanor. Just read about Brian Shaw's story yesterday as well after researching up on him now that he's become a candidate for the Nets position.

There must be something special that Pop sees in him to warrant the very kind words used throughout his career (him being a Franchise cornerstone, raving about how much he enjoys coaching him, etc). Pop has been a Father figure to both Duncan and Parker (in multiple interviews I've seen them reference that) and I'm sure he is becoming that sort of figure to Leanord. I'll be rooting for him just as much as I did for Paul George. He could be a most improved player candidate very soon either next year or after Duncan retires.
    Last edited by JerseyPalahniuk; 06-04-2013 at 10:31 PM.
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast