Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

What if Kobe had left LAL for LAC?

Say LAL keeps Shaq and GP+Malone as a result. They get nothing in return for Kobe.

LAC trots out

Trash -Kobe-Maggette-Brand-Kaman
    Next year they add Cassell

Does that core end up anywhere?

Keep in mind the Clips were ALREADY better than the Lakers immediately after the Shaq trade. You add Kobe to that already superior core and you are at the least a 50 win team (Clips won 47 with Mobley in Kobes place in 06).

Say Kobe spent 3 years with LAC, then returned to LAL as they acquired Pau and history resumed as normal. Instead of wasting his prime years on lottery or first round exit squads, hes on a contender in LA. Then returns back home thereafter.

Does that lessen his legacy in LA or enhance it?
    Last edited by Chronz; 06-04-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Why would he return to the Lakers, only thing I don't understand about the post.

Well, I think they would have enough to get past the Suns in the Semis on 07, they were a Raja Bell 3 from being up 3-1 and they would take care of the Spurs, Kobe's always had Duncans number in the playoffs.
    Greatness is a Virtue

Kobe would only have 3 rings ( Shaq Lakers) and no finals Mvp's...

If Charlotte kept Kobe ( Yes the Lakers are the ones that told the Hornets to draft him anyways ), he would have no rings.\

Edit: I have no comments on Kobe going back to the Lakers, after spending 3 years with the Clippers... sorry OP
    Last edited by Dade County; 06-04-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

4. 06-04-2013, 05:01 PM
    Reason
    baiting/thread has nothing to do with Lebron - Avenged24

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Say LAL keeps Shaq and GP+Malone as a result. They get nothing in return for Kobe.

LAC trots out

Trash -Kobe-Maggette-Brand-Kaman
    Next year they add Cassell

Does that core end up anywhere?

Keep in mind the Clips were ALREADY better than the Lakers immediately after the Shaq trade. You add Kobe to that already superior core and you are at the least a 50 win team (Clips won 47 with Mobley in Kobes place in 06).

Say Kobe spent 3 years with LAC, then returned to LAL as they acquired Pau and history resumed as normal. Instead of wasting his prime years on lottery or first round exit squads, hes on a contender in LA. Then returns back home thereafter.

Does that lessen his legacy in LA or enhance it?
    i think it would enhance the legacy so long as the clippers were successful and kobe played big.

everyone knows about kobes early and late career roster support. but is there another top 20 all-time player who had a worse supporting cast during their given 'physical peak' of 26-27-28? probably not interesting scenario Chronz.

2006 was a wide open year, that's for sure. I like the Clippers chances with Kobe, anything could have happened.
    Last edited by Bruno; 06-04-2013 at 06:11 PM.

6. 06-04-2013, 06:51 PM
    Reason
    quoted deleted post - Avenged24

Can never get enough "What if" threads.

wow this thread really ****ing sucks. Probably the worst ever. Here's what would have happened...the Lakers would have signed Tracy McGrady, the Utah Jazz would have landed Blake Griffin just for ***** and giggles because they are the Jazz. A Big 3 would have been formed with Kobe, LeBron and Pau Gasol instead. Bosh and Wade to Chicago with Rose and the Lakers land Dwight Howard, Dirk Nowitski, John Wall and Brandon Roy because they are the Lakers and thats what they do. The Celtics Big 3 remains in tact and for some reason they also draft Greg Oden only this time he stays healthy. All this is happening right this very minute in an alternate universe. Oh yeah...and Al Jefferson ends up being the 2009 mvp.

The world would have ended..

Kobe would have his hands full bouncing a basketball in one hand and a bad check from sterling in the other.
    "The Honey Nut Cheerios have a nice sweet flavor, not too sweet, but enough to make it more enjoyable to eat."

Co-signed,

Kevin Garnett

Carmela Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by _KB24_ View Post
    Why would he return to the Lakers, only thing I don't understand about the post.
    Suppose Kobe foresaw the Lakers struggles to rebuild (which they did) and chose to go with a promising young Clippers team, but opted out in year 3 because LAL would have had enough time to rebuild.

How twisted of a career would that be?

Would it make a difference that he remained loyal to LA, just not the Lakers? Would he have united the 2 fan bases? Or given them something to bicker over?

Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    wow this thread really ****ing sucks. Probably the worst ever. Here's what would have happened...the Lakers would have signed Tracy McGrady, the Utah Jazz would have landed Blake Griffin just for ***** and giggles because they are the Jazz. A Big 3 would have been formed with Kobe, LeBron and Pau Gasol instead. Bosh and Wade to Chicago with Rose and the Lakers land Dwight Howard, Dirk Nowitski, John Wall and Brandon Roy because they are the Lakers and thats what they do. The Celtics Big 3 remains in tact and for some reason they also draft Greg Oden only this time he stays healthy. All this is happening right this very minute in an alternate universe. Oh yeah...and Al Jefferson ends up being the 2009 mvp.
    Thats a fun universe, but what about my universe? The one where Kobe gos to LAC and then returns to LAL, would that twist help or taint his career?

So this is how you get 27k+ posts...

Quote Originally Posted by jakedajewler View Post
    I don't know who any punters are, that's when i go take a piss

Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    I like the cut of your jib.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS