Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Where does Jason Kidd rank as a PG?

I wouldn't know where to put him against Magic, Stockton, and Isiah. Where do you think he ranks?

Top 10

Magic, Oscar, West, Frazier, Stockton, GP, Nash and Isaiah all have solid cases ahead of him.

Also in before Jerry West wasn't a point guard. He was.

Definitely top 10. Possibly top 5. Maybe top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Inside Hoops member, 2009
    If your team picks him in the top 10, the GM should be fired. Every year there are comparable talents to Steph who go undrafted. He is not worth a first round pick, let alone a lottery pick.

Magic, Stockton, Isiah, Nash all rank ahead of him and of course don't forget perhaps the greatest basketball player of all-time Oscar Robertson also ranks ahead. Kidd had great longevity, rarely got hurt, great leader, solid defender, exceptional ball distributor and rebounder for a PG. I believe he is 2nd all time in triple doubles. So despite the fact that he was a very bad shooter I will say he is in the top 10 all time PGs which is a very honorable list to be a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Also in before Jerry West wasn't a point guard. He was.
    True in his last few seasons he was. But before that he played the 2 guard.

Quote Originally Posted by carlthack View Post
    Magic, Stockton, Isiah, Nash all rank ahead of him and of course don't forget perhaps the greatest basketball player of all-time Oscar Robertson also ranks ahead. Kidd had great longevity, rarely got hurt, great leader, solid defender, exceptional ball distributor and rebounder for a PG. I believe he is 2nd all time in triple doubles. So despite the fact that he was a very bad shooter I will say he is in the top 10 all time PGs which is a very honorable list to be a part of.
    Isn't he like 3rd all time in 3 pointers made or something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Inside Hoops member, 2009
    If your team picks him in the top 10, the GM should be fired. Every year there are comparable talents to Steph who go undrafted. He is not worth a first round pick, let alone a lottery pick.

kidd was more than a solid defender, and I think i might put kidd over nash, but its close

In his prime Kidd was an elite defender, he would often draw the opponents best guard either PG or SG. He's top-3 or 4 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post
    kidd was more than a solid defender, and I think i might put kidd over nash, but its close
    Nash was great but D'Antoni and Nellie Ball inflated his stats tremendously and he played no defense.

Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Nash was great but D'Antoni and Nellie Ball inflated his stats tremendously and he played no defense.
    Which Nash were you watching? He's not a great defender but in his prime, he wasn't horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray:26363798
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Which Nash were you watching? He's not a great defender but in his prime, he wasn't horrible.
    He was always god awful on defense. Been watching ball since 93 he is easily the worse defender Ive seen. Always played about 3 feet off his man.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDubs View Post
    Mostly because he's also 3rd in attempts. Shot .349 for his career, which is about average. He was only once in the season top 10, and never in the season top 10 for 3FG%.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDubs View Post
    Yea but the 19 seasons has a lot to do with it. His .400 career fg% and .349 career 3ptfg% are not very impressive numbers. But had he been a good shooter we might be saying he's the greatest of all time.

Jason Kidd was a pretty bad/average 3P shooter the majority of his career . The end of his career where he finely found a stroke picked his % but at his best he was alot like rubio/rondo. Teams left him wide open out there.
    Last edited by waveycrockett; 06-04-2013 at 03:22 AM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast