Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 123
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,742

    Where does Jason Kidd rank as a PG?

    I wouldn't know where to put him against Magic, Stockton, and Isiah. Where do you think he ranks?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    14,916
    Top 10

    Magic, Oscar, West, Frazier, Stockton, GP, Nash and Isaiah all have solid cases ahead of him.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    14,916
    Also in before Jerry West wasn't a point guard. He was.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,138
    Definitely top 10. Possibly top 5. Maybe top 3.


    Quote Originally Posted by Inside Hoops member, 2009
    If your team picks him in the top 10, the GM should be fired. Every year there are comparable talents to Steph who go undrafted. He is not worth a first round pick, let alone a lottery pick.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    248
    Magic, Stockton, Isiah, Nash all rank ahead of him and of course don't forget perhaps the greatest basketball player of all-time Oscar Robertson also ranks ahead. Kidd had great longevity, rarely got hurt, great leader, solid defender, exceptional ball distributor and rebounder for a PG. I believe he is 2nd all time in triple doubles. So despite the fact that he was a very bad shooter I will say he is in the top 10 all time PGs which is a very honorable list to be a part of.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Also in before Jerry West wasn't a point guard. He was.
    True in his last few seasons he was. But before that he played the 2 guard.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,138
    Quote Originally Posted by carlthack View Post
    Magic, Stockton, Isiah, Nash all rank ahead of him and of course don't forget perhaps the greatest basketball player of all-time Oscar Robertson also ranks ahead. Kidd had great longevity, rarely got hurt, great leader, solid defender, exceptional ball distributor and rebounder for a PG. I believe he is 2nd all time in triple doubles. So despite the fact that he was a very bad shooter I will say he is in the top 10 all time PGs which is a very honorable list to be a part of.
    Isn't he like 3rd all time in 3 pointers made or something ?


    Quote Originally Posted by Inside Hoops member, 2009
    If your team picks him in the top 10, the GM should be fired. Every year there are comparable talents to Steph who go undrafted. He is not worth a first round pick, let alone a lottery pick.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    4,943
    kidd was more than a solid defender, and I think i might put kidd over nash, but its close

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,375
    In his prime Kidd was an elite defender, he would often draw the opponents best guard either PG or SG. He's top-3 or 4 for sure.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,375
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post
    kidd was more than a solid defender, and I think i might put kidd over nash, but its close
    Nash was great but D'Antoni and Nellie Ball inflated his stats tremendously and he played no defense.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,742
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Nash was great but D'Antoni and Nellie Ball inflated his stats tremendously and he played no defense.
    Which Nash were you watching? He's not a great defender but in his prime, he wasn't horrible.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,375
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray:26363798
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Nash was great but D'Antoni and Nellie Ball inflated his stats tremendously and he played no defense.
    Which Nash were you watching? He's not a great defender but in his prime, he wasn't horrible.
    He was always god awful on defense. Been watching ball since 93 he is easily the worse defender Ive seen. Always played about 3 feet off his man.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDubs View Post
    Isn't he like 3rd all time in 3 pointers made or something ?
    Mostly because he's also 3rd in attempts. Shot .349 for his career, which is about average. He was only once in the season top 10, and never in the season top 10 for 3FG%.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDubs View Post
    Isn't he like 3rd all time in 3 pointers made or something ?
    Yea but the 19 seasons has a lot to do with it. His .400 career fg% and .349 career 3ptfg% are not very impressive numbers. But had he been a good shooter we might be saying he's the greatest of all time.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,375
    Jason Kidd was a pretty bad/average 3P shooter the majority of his career . The end of his career where he finely found a stroke picked his % but at his best he was alot like rubio/rondo. Teams left him wide open out there.
    Last edited by waveycrockett; 06-04-2013 at 03:22 AM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •