Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For next year...

Listening to colin cowherd this morning, he is discussing what the Heat will do next season...

brought up trading bosh and trying to upgrade their roster to keep lebron happy...

2 questions:

if anything what would you do to upgrade their roster (within reasonable possibility)

and secondly what realistically could the heat get for bosh?

no baiting trolling beefing or anything... genuine discussion is what i am looking for
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

i really can't imagine many/any scenarios where they trade bosh and get better right away.

they're stuck with what they have as far as i'm concerned. they don't really have any tradable assets after the big 3, and you're not gonna get more than 70-80 cents on the dollar for bosh or wade.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    i really can't imagine many/any scenarios where they trade bosh and get better right away.

they're stuck with what they have as far as i'm concerned. they don't really have any tradable assets after the big 3, and you're not gonna get more than 70-80 cents on the dollar for bosh or wade.
    thats true ... maybe jazz for either millsap or the other name is slipping my mind... but they are offense in the post heat need size and rebounding.. arguing with myself lol
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

You're thinking of Al Jefferson. Big Al is too slow and I don't think geared towards the fast paced heat offense. Milsap could fit in but he doesn't really bring anything different to the table than what Bosh offers. Also, both are free agents this offseason (I believe) so unless it was two completely different events, ie trade bosh and then sign Paul Millsap as a free agent, I dont see that happeneing.

I think their best bet would be to go after an athletic young 4 and sign an actual center. I think Derrick Williams is a a reasonable target who could excell in the heat's offense? Also I'm not sure about the contracts of most heat players but isn't Chalmers up this year? He may not be the best but I think Mo Williams would be an upgrade as a replacement.

Unless they lose in the finals, I don't see them changing anything, even with the cap situation. At that point, there is a year less on the Bosh contract, and you can probably get a couple contributors for him.

I still don't like trading a dollar for four quarters in the NBA when it comes to trading quality for quantity though.

Bosh for Boozer
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Bosh for Boozer
    Miami wouldn't entertain the thought of that trade for even a split second. At best it's a lateral move talent-wise (it's not). Factor in the chemistry aspects and that's just a dumb move for Miami.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

I think they'll be signing Dalembert. They wanted him last off-season but he wanted more money. Now, Dalembert has already said he's willing to get a cheaper contract and play for the Heat. It just makes too much sense to not do it. He's an affordable legit center who plays good defense and will rebound. I honestly think that, if they had him right now, this series with the Pacers would be over already.

To get comparable value for Bosh is going to be nearly impossible. No teams going to give fair value while taking on his large contract. Dude is owed quite a bit.

2013/14 - $19,067,500

2014/15 - $20,590,000

2015/16 - $22,112,500

Who's taking that on while giving up any talent that would benefit the Heat?

Quote Originally Posted by SlimKid View Post
    To get comparable value for Bosh is going to be nearly impossible. No teams going to give fair value while taking on his large contract. Dude is owed quite a bit.

2013/14 - $19,067,500

2014/15 - $20,590,000

2015/16 - $22,112,500

Who's taking that on while giving up any talent that would benefit the Heat?
    wow thats alot of dough man i had no idea
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    I think they'll be signing Dalembert. They wanted him last off-season but he wanted more money. Now, Dalembert has already said he's willing to get a cheaper contract and play for the Heat. It just makes too much sense to not do it. He's an affordable legit center who plays good defense and will rebound. I honestly think that, if they had him right now, this series with the Pacers would be over already.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Jimmer still being BLACK BALLED by the illuminati/homeboys...
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ - NYY View Post
    wow thats alot of dough man i had no idea
    To be honest, I had no idea it was that much either until I looked it up. Doesn't necessarily mean he's untradeable, it just makes an equal value trade that much more difficult.

yeah i dont see how they could get fair value ,... just saw a thread about keeping 2/3 of the big 3 you can merge this thread if need be
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

They can't trade that contract for anything good in return. Plus if they win I don't think they would tinker with the lineup except minor additions I'd assume. With that said, Bulls (Rose) and Pacers (Grainger) will be much better next year and def. coming for them.

Take a flyer on Greg Oden?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast