Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Lebron James in the Finals (Career)

First off, I'm not comparing Lebron to Jordan. Obviously Jordan has the better resume and is the greatest player of all-time. However, when I hear comparisons of Lebron and Jordan, the subject that always comes up is Lebron losing two times in the finals while Jordan is 6/6. I don't understand how it's Lebron's fault when he got his "subpar" team to the finals at such a young age (much younger when comparing to Jordan) while Jordan didn't get to the finals until his team was primed to win it. Lebron's accomplishment of getting to the finals (and losing) at such a young age should greater enhance his legacy instead of using it as an argument against it. Just my opinion.

I think the problem is that everyone is so obsessed with comparing players..."sure Lebron is goo, but Kobe has 5 titles." "Sure Kobe is good, but MJ has 6 titles."

Can't people just appreciate great players and not try to demean them by comparing them?

Comparisons can be fun, but all too much, they are used as a way to try to knock someone down.

For the most part, I agree. It's better to lose in the finals than to get ousted in the first/semis/conference rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    For the most part, I agree. It's better to lose in the finals than to get ousted in the first/semis/conference rounds.
    This.

But for some reason, people like to see perfect records. Like JB, who uses flawed logic to prove his points (which aren't even good to begin with).

If Lebron goes 6/8 in the playoffs, it'd be flawed if someone automatically said Jordan was better since he was a perfect 6 for 6. I'd probably take Jordan over Lebron in that scenario but I'd look for more factors outside whether or not he had a perfect record or not.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 05-31-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I think the problem is that everyone is so obsessed with comparing players..."sure Lebron is goo, but Kobe has 5 titles." "Sure Kobe is good, but MJ has 6 titles."

Can't people just appreciate great players and not try to demean them by comparing them?

Comparisons can be fun, but all too much, they are used as a way to try to knock someone down.
    This.

I honestly think LeBron is better than Jordan was.

It's not that he lost in the finals it is the fact he played bad in 2 of them including losing in them because of him not because of cast in 2011.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    I honestly think LeBron is better than Jordan was.
    Except MJ was on a different level overall. Currently MJ is still #1 all time in PER in the season, playoffs and #1 all time in WS/PER 48 minutes in the season and playoffs.

Keep in mind that these numbers for Jordan include 4 past-prime postseasons (65+ games). Here are MJ's playoff averages upon retirement in 1993 (age 30), over the course of 111 playoff games:

34.8 pts/6.7 reb/6.7 ast/2.4 stl/1.1 blk/51.3% FG/29.7 PER

I mean, that's just insane. Basically 35/7/7/2+/1+/30 PER. Nutso.
    - Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    It's not that he lost in the finals it is the fact he played bad in 2 of them including losing in them because of him not because of cast in 2011.
    Lol that's not even close to what you argue when talking about Lebron. All you say is "Lebron lost x amount of in the finals. Jordan never lost in the finals."

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Lol that's not even close to what you argue when talking about Lebron. All you say is "Lebron lost x amount of in the finals. Jordan never lost in the finals."
    I never say because Lebron lost x number of times in the finals. I say he lost x number of times with HCA and is 1-3 with HCA vs 50+ win teams while MJ is 14-0 against 50+ win teams with HCA. I say he got outscored by 2 guys on his own team in the finals and by a guy coming off the bench as well.
    - Michael Jordan

I don't see how people call Jordan the "greatest player of all time". My guess is that someone said that as a marketing ploy, and now everyone repeats it without really thinking about it... sort of like calling Ali the "greatest boxer of all time".

There are two ways to look at the value of a player. Head to head (if Mike at his peak played against Kobe or Lebron at their best), or how good they were relative to the time they played. If you're going head to head, Lebron is the better player. I don't care at all about stats, when you graph out what Jordan and Lebron could both do the way you grade prospects, Lebron cleary is the more productive player. And if you're talking relative to the times, than how does Jordan (or Lebron) even come close to what Chamberlain was?

I liked watching Jordan play a lot. And he is one of the all time greats. But, let's be objective for a moment. Jordan is nowhere close to what the consensus regards him as. So what he won titles, so did Bill Russel, is he better than Shaq because of that? The logic just makes no sense to me. People will even bring up that Jordan never lost in the finals as something that separates him from others... but he lost prior to making the finals repeatedly. News flash, losing in the conference finals is worse than losing in the actual finals.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    I never say because Lebron lost x number of times in the finals. I say he lost x number of times with HCA and is 1-3 with HCA vs 50+ win teams while MJ is 14-0 against 50+ win teams with HCA. I say he got outscored by 2 guys on his own team in the finals and by a guy coming off the bench as well.
    Wrong. You always refer to Lebron losing in the finals.

I forgot to mention how you value the 10% failure a lot more than his 90% success. He can average like 38.5 PPG and lose with HCA because of his teammates, yet you address the situation as if it is his fault.

Jordan, Lebron, Duncan and Kobe are all basketball greats. You can't really judge who is better because players in the 80's & 90's work hard to prove their worth but players of today are usually from middle class/rich family and feel entitled to the money they get. Watch Monta Elis, Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings demand the max contract this off-season.

BOAT ("Best Of All Time") - Nickname, Pat Riley gave to LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Wrong. You always refer to Lebron losing in the finals.

I forgot to mention how you value the 10% failure a lot more than his 90% success. He can average like 38.5 PPG and lose with HCA because of his teammates, yet you address the situation as if it is his fault.
    Noted that as well.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast