Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Presti is OVERRATED!

This guy is a gutless turd, and it's gonna make all the difference in us not winning a championship. I don't know what's so hard about it, but obviously it's rocket science with him. And Bennett is obviously the same. We'll never win one.

Quote Originally Posted by soonabooma View Post
    This guy is a gutless turd, and it's gonna make all the difference in us not winning a championship. I don't know what's so hard about it, but obviously it's rocket science with him. And Bennett is obviously the same. We'll never win one.
    Where exactly is all this pent up aggression coming from and whats making it come out?

I knew exactly who started this thread smh, and your wrong, no GM is always right but there arent many legit mistakes in Presti's tenure and the amount of good and great moves FAR out them...and it's not even close.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

We're not built to win a championship. You can't do it with two guys having to do all that work. Our team as is could never beat the Heat in a series and if we think we're gonna be going to any more finals, that's who we'll be playing. We're not well coached at all and it shows. So if you want to win a championship, you either significantly upgrade at the coaching position, or you upgrade your roster and get get Westbrook/durant more help, like every other team on the planet that wants to compete has been doing, no matter how much money it costs. We're not gonna do any of this, so therefore, I say we have an overrated GM and an overrated owner....it's as simple as that. I just thought Presti was smarter than that. Like I said, it's not rocket science. They could solve our problems right now by simply moving on from Brooks and making Phil Jackson an offer he couldn't possibly refuse. A coach of that caliber could win with this group, even with some weak links like Perkins. But if you're gonna stick with Brooks, then you absolutely must get a better big man and even another scorer if possible. But they're playing it cheap, and that's a shame, because there's no way we'll ever win it with this current system....no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    I knew exactly who started this thread smh, and your wrong, no GM is always right but there arent many legit mistakes in Presti's tenure and the amount of good and great moves FAR out them...and it's not even close.
    If some tweaking isn't done pretty quick, then all of Presti's good will be cancelled out by a lot of bad. What I can't figure out is....why is it so hard for a guy who is supposedly so sharp to figure out the big man situation? Is he just ******** when it comes to evaluating big men? We pass on Chandler (huge mistake), then we trade for Perkins (cute idea at first but proving to be extremely detrimental), and now that we know Perk is our weakest link, Presti has the nerve to come out and say we're committed to him. He's not looking out for the best interest of the team/organization. What he's doing is refusing to admit that it was a mistake, he's a nice guy, but he's definitely more arrogant than people realize. He's not being a GM right now, he's more like a kid in a candy store who's just thrilled to be there. If it was a guy like Pat Riley, he would have bounced that stiff right on out of here in a big hurry, and replaced him with Al Jefferson, even if it meant going into the luxury tax. That's being a real GM. Presti doesn't have it in him to do things like that. And yes, the Harden thing was stupid because we all know we're not going all the way without spending more money. They could have made Harden a better offer to at least see if they could meet in the middle. He's simply not making smart moves anymore, and it's gonna show when we keep falling short because we try to handle our business with a two-man show. People don't realize just how hard it is for KD, Russ, Serge, Thabo, and Collison to do their job when they all have to pick up some kind of slack for Perkins. KD and Russ have to score a million points, Serge has to do everything in the middle, Collison has to guard every big guy in the world because Perk can't, and Sefolosha, that poor guy has to fly all over the place trying to guard guys. This is all true, and nothing is being done to fix the problem. Presti doesn't have it, and unless he proves to us that he and Bennett are committed to winning, I'll call him overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    haha i agree Carey! right when i saw who posted i thought the same. I dont think soonabooma has posted one positive thing about the thunder ever! always hating on something. Even if the thunder win a championship next season, Presti and Brooks will have done something wrong haha

Dude, you need to relax a little. We are the second best team in the league and still one of the youngest. We have numerous prospects and draft picks that could turn into serious players. Presti hasn't been perfect but he has done a lot more good then bad.

Drafting: KD, Russ (Everyone said it was a mistake), Ibaka. Aldrich was really the only mistake that he has made, even Mullens has put up some decent numbers in a bad Charlotte team.

Trades: He brought in Thabo in a trade for a late first round pick, Maynor for Peter Fehse. People can ***** about the Perkins trade all they want but he helped put this team over the top. We weren't going to resign Green and Krystic was a puss that liked to throw chairs (Hence why hes not in the NBA anymore). The Chandler trade was just bad luck. The guy failed his physical, plain and simple. How exactly is that Prestis fault?

^ This

If some tweaking isn't done pretty quick, then all of Presti's good will be cancelled out by a lot of bad. What I can't figure out is....why is it so hard for a guy who is supposedly so sharp to figure out the big man situation? Is he just ******** when it comes to evaluating big men? We pass on Chandler (huge mistake), then we trade for Perkins (cute idea at first but proving to be extremely detrimental), and now that we know Perk is our weakest link, Presti has the nerve to come out and say we're committed to him. He's not looking out for the best interest of the team/organization. What he's doing is refusing to admit that it was a mistake, he's a nice guy, but he's definitely more arrogant than people realize. He's not being a GM right now, he's more like a kid in a candy store who's just thrilled to be there. If it was a guy like Pat Riley, he would have bounced that stiff right on out of here in a big hurry, and replaced him with Al Jefferson, even if it meant going into the luxury tax. That's being a real GM. Presti doesn't have it in him to do things like that. And yes, the Harden thing was stupid because we all know we're not going all the way without spending more money. They could have made Harden a better offer to at least see if they could meet in the middle. He's simply not making smart moves anymore, and it's gonna show when we keep falling short because we try to handle our business with a two-man show. People don't realize just how hard it is for KD, Russ, Serge, Thabo, and Collison to do their job when they all have to pick up some kind of slack for Perkins. KD and Russ have to score a million points, Serge has to do everything in the middle, Collison has to guard every big guy in the world because Perk can't, and Sefolosha, that poor guy has to fly all over the place trying to guard guys. This is all true, and nothing is being done to fix the problem. Presti doesn't have it, and unless he proves to us that he and Bennett are committed to winning, I'll call him overrated.
    So you gave me what two legit gripes? Re: Chandler, it's unfortunate, but if your medical staff tells you he could have chronic problems that will linger you listen to your medical staff, would have been nice of they took the gamble but the didnt.

Perk served his purpose, unfortunately most of what he will give us from here on out is intangibles, knowledge and off the court leadership

So let's see what Presti did do....

Took Westbrook, which was considered a reach but he's now a top 10 player

Drafted Serge Ibaka when nobody knew who he was

Traded for Thabo Sefolosha off of Chicago's bench and he became a core player by using a pick he acquired by trading Johan Petro

Acquiring Eric Maynor just for taking Matt Harpring's expiring contract

Signed Nenad Krstic from overseas and made him a viable Center on our 50 win team

Trading the 32nd pick to Miami for Cook and a first round pick we end up flipping to Boston in the Perk deal

Signing Shaun Livingston and making him a viable backup point guard until they upgraded with Maynor

DJ White and Mo Pete for Nazr Mohammed who played a solid backup Center on a couple long playoff runs and one 1 western conference championship team

Kept Collison on the cheap now by using a loophole of giving him a huge signing bonus using extra cap space

Turned losing Harden into a haul that will continue to fortify us years into the future

Oh and my favorite, turned a throw away 2nd round pick in the Rashard Lewis sign and trade into Kurt Thomas and 2 first round picks, then turned around and flipped Thomas to San Antonio for another first round pick

So yea, he's overrated...

haters are going to hate and mutts are going to bark, that's just what they do....

great quote huh? Not mine, my brother said it but it fits here. Any move, trade, draft, signing, comes with risk and the smaller the market the greater the risk. Take the Chandler decision, at best the odds were fifty/fifty regarding his future. Dallas could afford the risk, OKC couldn't, it's just that simple. Presti wants a championship just as much, or more, than we do, but he has to do it while looking at a much bigger picture than anyone outside the organization can possibly fathom. No one is more aware that the window to win a championship is narrow than Presti. I didn't agree with rehiring Brooks, still don't for that matter, but I still feel like there was a reason or Presti wouldn't have done it.

If You See Westbrook Wrestling a Grizzlie.... pity the bear....

You guys don't get it. Everything our FO does now will make the difference in whether or not the Thunder can win a championship. Presti didn't draft Durant, Portland chose him for us when they took Oden. If Portland takes Durant, Presti takes Oden, simple as that. He picked Russ, great pick, no complaints. He found Sefolosha, smart move. He scouted Ibaka and found a total stud with tons of potential. Those were homeruns. But don't let him off the hook with our big man situation. You NEVER pass up the opportunity to get a guy like Chandler to add to this group if all you have to give up is scrubs like Wilcox and Joe Smith....NEVER. The potential was too great. He played that situation like a total coward. But the even more unfortunate situation is the fact that we now know Perkins is killing us, but they won't do something about it. So don't say our GM is a genius. He was great early, but he's been really, really bad lately. You can keep thinking we'll get it done as is if they just keep going, but it's not gonna happen. We either need a better coach, or more firepower on the roster, especially in the middle. It's not opinion, it's a fact. You have to upgrade one of those two spots, or we'll never do anything more than maybe appear in the finals. Every team in the league that is at least trying to compete for big things is adding something to make their team better, or at least giving it a shot, even if certain moves don't pan out. We're not, we're keeping things the way they are because we're cheap. That doesn't get it done in today's NBA, and they'll find that out eventually, they'll learn the hard way. I don't understand why it's so hard to understand. Maybe the people here really are dumb when it comes to the game of basketball. Then again, maybe the people here are dumb when it comes to any sport. These are the same people that thought brent venables was a good defensive coordinator, and stoops is still the best coach in the country. Yeah, sports fans here are generally pretty weak and not very knowledgeable. I love the fact that we have a team and they've become a really good team. But just know that we'll never hoist that trophy if they don't make changes. Westbrook and Durant will retire early because they will have killed themselves having to do so much work that they wouldn't have had to do had they had a decent big man to help them, and maybe one more scorer. Oh well, we'll just be the next Utah or Phoenix, not horrible, but certainly not great. You'll look back one day and realize that people like me were 100 percent right on the money in our assessment of this organization.

You guys don't get it. Everything our FO does now will make the difference in whether or not the Thunder can win a championship. Presti didn't draft Durant, Portland chose him for us when they took Oden. If Portland takes Durant, Presti takes Oden, simple as that. He picked Russ, great pick, no complaints. He found Sefolosha, smart move. He scouted Ibaka and found a total stud with tons of potential. Those were homeruns. But don't let him off the hook with our big man situation. You NEVER pass up the opportunity to get a guy like Chandler to add to this group if all you have to give up is scrubs like Wilcox and Joe Smith....NEVER. The potential was too great. He played that situation like a total coward. But the even more unfortunate situation is the fact that we now know Perkins is killing us, but they won't do something about it. So don't say our GM is a genius. He was great early, but he's been really, really bad lately. You can keep thinking we'll get it done as is if they just keep going, but it's not gonna happen. We either need a better coach, or more firepower on the roster, especially in the middle. It's not opinion, it's a fact. You have to upgrade one of those two spots, or we'll never do anything more than maybe appear in the finals. Every team in the league that is at least trying to compete for big things is adding something to make their team better, or at least giving it a shot, even if certain moves don't pan out. We're not, we're keeping things the way they are because we're cheap. That doesn't get it done in today's NBA, and they'll find that out eventually, they'll learn the hard way. I don't understand why it's so hard to understand. Maybe the people here really are dumb when it comes to the game of basketball. Then again, maybe the people here are dumb when it comes to any sport. These are the same people that thought brent venables was a good defensive coordinator, and stoops is still the best coach in the country. Yeah, sports fans here are generally pretty weak and not very knowledgeable. I love the fact that we have a team and they've become a really good team. But just know that we'll never hoist that trophy if they don't make changes. Westbrook and Durant will retire early because they will have killed themselves having to do so much work that they wouldn't have had to do had they had a decent big man to help them, and maybe one more scorer. Oh well, we'll just be the next Utah or Phoenix, not horrible, but certainly not great. You'll look back one day and realize that people like me were 100 percent right on the money in our assessment of this organization.
    Dude what in the hell are you talking about? We don't need to compromise the long term success of the franchise just to win a championship now. Its not worth it and that why teams like Dallas fall to **** after winning a championship. We lost a top 10 player in the league and won 60 games! We have a great front office and thats why other teams are coming in and interviewing our coaches and FO personnel. We are building this team the way San Antonio does, that way we can compete and win with the people that can spend twice as much as us. As an OU fan I don't believe that stoops is anywhere in the same ballpark as the he used to be as a head coach. I honestly think he has become complacent in everything that the program does and it shows.

You're forgetting something, just like Presti. WE DON'T HAVE GREGG POPOVICH! You can't build that way if you don't have an elite coach to actually put a system in place and coach the players up. Brooks is lucky to even have a job in the league. We can't build that way anymore, it was a cute idea at first but it's not gonna work out for us the way it did for San Antonio. And we keep on thinking it will. This means Presti is probably more arrogant than we realize. He's a nice guy, no doubt about it, but more arrogant than people know. If he doesn't know by now that it's time to deviate away from the original blueprint and spend a little money, then he's not as great at his job as people say. We're not special, we have to spend money just like anybody else, regardless of how big our market is. The fans have done their part, and continue to do it. It's time for our owners and GM to do their part. If they don't then people like me will be proven right....Bennett is cheap and Presti is arrogant and overrated. I hope they prove me wrong, but I'm not sure they have the guts to do it.

You overblow his mistakes but arent willing to adequately recognize his successes. How has he been really really bad lately? You go on these rants but you cant really back any of it with a strong enough argument. We are now one of the best teams in the NBA when healthy, a lot of things, small and big went into that. From now on it's on Presti to ensure this team has what it needs to win a championship. Him and everyone else involved will be judged by that going forward.

I think even you would admit he certainly has built up enough assets to ensure that this can be done, just has to make them count. As far the salary cap, i want you to do some research and look at just how much the repeaters penalties for teams in the luxury tax are. I promise you once you see you'll back off this cheap talk. This team will eventually go into the luxury tax, it's unavoidable, it also makes sense to avoid it this year. If you wanna put Presti under pressure thats fine, but dont be foolish enough to forget all the things Presti has done to get us to this point. No GM is without fault, i think Presti will have to better balance being the GM of a contender while keeping and eye towards the future. But he hasnt done anything poorly to the point where you all out question it, at least nobody that understands the bigger picture.

You're forgetting something, just like Presti. WE DON'T HAVE GREGG POPOVICH! You can't build that way if you don't have an elite coach to actually put a system in place and coach the players up. Brooks is lucky to even have a job in the league. We can't build that way anymore, it was a cute idea at first but it's not gonna work out for us the way it did for San Antonio. And we keep on thinking it will. This means Presti is probably more arrogant than we realize. He's a nice guy, no doubt about it, but more arrogant than people know. If he doesn't know by now that it's time to deviate away from the original blueprint and spend a little money, then he's not as great at his job as people say. We're not special, we have to spend money just like anybody else, regardless of how big our market is. The fans have done their part, and continue to do it. It's time for our owners and GM to do their part. If they don't then people like me will be proven right....Bennett is cheap and Presti is arrogant and overrated. I hope they prove me wrong, but I'm not sure they have the guts to do it.
    I've been a Brooks critique as well, but i do acknowledge(what i dont think many people do, including you) that it is extremely difficult to find a coach players respect, buy into his principles, like, but not take advantage of. Look around the league and you'll see a ton of teams struggling with that.

Brooks has improved as a coach, the offense and the defense has improved. This staff could use another veteran mind that can bring some concepts in as far as halfcourt offense and be a bit of a bad cop(Byron Scott would be a nice add) but i can certainly understand the reluctance to remove a coach who the players will run through a brickwall for and that has improved as a coach. Does he need help? Absolutely

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast