Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Howard would make more money with the Rockets?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonyn...a-for-houston/

By signing with the Houston Rockets, Howard could save approximately $15.1 million ($15,700,000 less $600,000) in state income taxes on his next contract.

That’s not to say, however, that Howard would walk away with 13.3% more if he signs with Houston then the Lakers. In the U.S., the taxation of professional athletes is based on “duty days;” basically, the income you earn is apportioned to each state based on the number of days you compete or train within the state, and is then taxed in that state according to its tax rates. So even if an athlete resides in a state with no income tax, some of his income will be allocated to states with an income tax and taxed accordingly. But as you’ll see below, the savings from calling a state like Texas your home can still be substantial.

hmm

I saw that too, he would make a little more after taxes with either Houston or Dallas.

factor in standard of living, housing prices, cost to hire labor, fuel, etc, and Houston is a no brainer for all sorts of reasons.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Still would make more with Lakers with the extra year. Misleading thread. Not to mention endorsements.
    What Rivalry?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    factor in standard of living, housing prices, cost to hire labor, fuel, etc, and Houston is a no brainer for all sorts of reasons.
    Factor in current team and it makes it even worse for us. Houston is easily our biggest threat for dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by Marques24kobe View Post
    Still would make more with Lakers with the extra year. Misleading thread. Not to mention endorsements.
    Not really. Can't remember who, but they posted an economical breakdown, and its a wash, even with the 5th year.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Well, if he wants to go to a franchise with the heavy burden on needing to produce championships he will join the Lakers. If he wants to go to a franchise thats championship was signing lin and harden, then he will choose the rockets. Either way, he will still be the best center in the league and benefit either team greatly. Monetarily, its pretty much a wash since LA's high taxes and prices compared to texas. He would get more endorsements and face time in LA though, so that should compensate and make LA more of a "player desirable" experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Marques24kobe View Post
    What new endorsements have Howard gotten this past year in L.A.? Thought u might find this interesting

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2...opportunities/

- In January 2012, Mr. Howard’s Q score was 20…a good number when one considers that the average for athletes is about 16;

- By September 2012, his Q score fell to 15;

- As of January 2013, his Q score further dropped to 13.

A fairly significant drop when one considers that (1) he has not been involved in any social indiscretions (e.g. no arrest, no sexual misconduct) and (2) often times Q scores increase when a player relocates from a mid-sized (Orlando) to a large-sized (Los Angeles) market.

Houston seems to make a lot of sense. I predicted for a while that he would stay with the lakers but I'm not so sure anymore. Basketball wise I think the rockets look better because of harden and parsons (plus a lot of young talent that could be kept or traded).

Quote Originally Posted by BenFrank View Post
    What new endorsements have Howard gotten this past year in L.A.? Thought u might find this interesting

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2...opportunities/
    too much **** goin on this year to worry about that crap.

As a Laker fan, I hope he signs with Houston. Then he will be there problem. I don't want him back on the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    too much **** goin on this year to worry about that crap.
    Between Him, Kobe, and MD.. I don't really see how it's gonna get better. There a chance, but it's slight

I hope he does sign with Houston. Better situation for him to restart his career and we won't have to hear Lakers fans for another 5 years! Everybody wins! Except for Laker fans

people keep saying 4 years vs 5. But won't he have an opt out after 3 either way?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast