Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Gorgui Dieng??

He's the perfect Center for Okc

Quote Originally Posted by EL_MACHETE View Post
    Gorgui Dieng??

He's the perfect Center for Okc
    He certainly is, right now if I had to rank the bigs for us that would be realistic available and worth the 12th pick I'd say it's between Zeller, Dieng, Olynyk or Gobert in that order imo. I give Zeller a edge over Dieng because of his offensive upside. I think it's a good chance he goes before 12 but if he slides I think he'd be the pick. I see him and Olynyk as guys that would have to play more 4 then 5 early on.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    He certainly is, right now if I had to rank the bigs for us that would be realistic available and worth the 12th pick I'd say it's between Zeller, Dieng, Olynyk or Gobert in that order imo. I give Zeller a edge over Dieng because of his offensive upside. I think it's a good chance he goes before 12 but if he slides I think he'd be the pick. I see him and Olynyk as guys that would have to play more 4 then 5 early on.
    See my big man list for us is 1 Len 2 dieng 3 jaiteh 4 gobert 5 zeller. I pray that we don't take olynyk.

Yeah Len is obviously #1, just hearing alot of buzz about Cha liking him at 4.

Olynyk im admittedly on the fence about because of his lack of upside defensively but he's is a stud offensively, especially in the halfcourt. I think with him defensively he can be solid if he gets stronger and plays with more sustained effort(will help that he's not the focal point on offense like at gonzaga), he's never gonna be a shotblocker or a great rebounder but i think he can be an above average rebounder and position defender who could have a huge impact on our half court offense eventually. All these bigs have risks but i think his floor is a really good backup 4. Still a few guys i'd rather have but if they went with Olynyk i wouldnt be upset at all.

DeWayne Dedmon from USC could be an interesting Center prospect as well. Probably the most athletic center in the draft. I really think he could be a late bloomer.

Serge Ibaka on the Thunder offseason: "There will be changes, like the departure of Kevin Martin. We have room for improvement and we have to add something to improve our play." Ara

Pistons Offer Mo Cheeks Head Coaching Job
    By HOOPSWORLD
    Basketball News & NBA Rumors
    Email Print 0 Comments

Maurice Cheeks will be offered an opportunity to lead the Detroit Pistons out of a half-decade’s malaise.

The Pistons have settled on Cheeks as their top choice to become the franchise’s 33rd head coach, according to sources, after he interviewed extensively with both owner Tom Gores and president of basketball operations Joe Dumars.

Cheeks, currently an assistant coach with the Oklahoma City Thunder, and formerly a head coach of two franchises, was one of two finalists for the job, along with Nate McMillan.

Quote Originally Posted by LJEATON26 View Post
    DeWayne Dedmon from USC could be an interesting Center prospect as well. Probably the most athletic center in the draft. I really think he could be a late bloomer.
    Could be, ii would feel better about him if he wasnt already 23, but he'll be worth a shot for someone late in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Could be, ii would feel better about him if he wasnt already 23, but he'll be worth a shot for someone late in the 2nd.
    I know hes 23 but the kids only been playing basketball for 4 years. Could be a late bloomer like Oladipo if he works at it. Plus hes a second rounder with no guaranteed money. Let him play in Tulsa for 2 years and see if they can develop him.

Quote Originally Posted by LJEATON26 View Post
    I know hes 23 but the kids only been playing basketball for 4 years. Could be a late bloomer like Oladipo if he works at it. Plus hes a second rounder with no guaranteed money. Let him play in Tulsa for 2 years and see if they can develop him.
    I def see your angle, for me i think we will most likely take a big at 12, we have Thabeet, Orton could be back on the cheap. Idk if theres room for any more developmental bigs. Now if Dedmon didnt get drafted and we got him in camp, released him, then got him to play in Tulsa i'd be ok with that.

I kinda want one more look at Orton. He has the size, can hit a 10 to 15 jump shot, catches and finishes at the rim. Sadly he's the best offensive center we have lol. I feel like he still has a ceiling of a backup Center possibly with the floor of a 6th big.

Another thing i was thinking about as far as the roster was just keeping 14 players. We'll be tight up against the tax this year but we could be enough under possibly that we can absorb a vet min. prorated contract later in the year for someone that gets bought out.

It's official, Mo Cheeks to the Pistons, praying we hire a veteran offensive mind as the lead assistant!

I'm bored beyond belief so I'm playing with some ideas.

Assistant Coach: Larry Drew former head coach of the Atlanta Hawks. He is a solid defensive coach that has taken Atlanta to 3 straight playoff appearances . Doesn't look like he is going to be a candidate to fill one of the vacant head coaching jobs so he comes and brings his play off pedigree to the Thunder.

Draft: Trade the 12th, 29th and Thabeet to Atlanta for the 17th and 18th pick.

17th pick Thunder select C Gorgui Dieng - I love Dieng in a Thunder uniform, I really believe if he puts on some weight and learns from Perkins we are looking at the next Tyson Chandler and trading away Thabeet puts him in play as a rookie.

18th pick Thunder selects G/F Jamaal Franklin - All around player that is going to be the perfect replacement for Thabo after next season. If he can improve on his 3 point shot I think he could be better then his former teammate Kawhi Leonard from the Spurs.

32nd pick Thunder selects C Mohammedou (Mam) Jaiteh - The kids got an NBA body and he is only 18 years old. We can store him for 1-2 years and then have him come in as a back up to Dieng.

Free agency: Our hands are tied when it comes to free agency. Instead of bringing back Fisher this next season I think we use our mid level exception and sign veteran PG Chauncey Billups. I really don't see him resigning with the Clippers and their messed up organization so he chooses to come play with us and is an automatic upgrade. He has a career 38% three point percentage and coming off the bench behind Jackson should keep him reasonably fresh throughout the season.

Depth Chart
    Westbrook, Billups
    Seph, Jackson (6th man), Lamb
    KD, Franklin
    Ibaka, Collison, Jones
    Perkins, Dieng

difficult to compare franklin to Leonard....Jamal is 6'5 191lbs, kawhi 6'7 225 !! franklin is not able to defend on Lebron. not now, not in 3 years.
    he can't play SF in the NBA in my opinion but he's anyway a good prospect at SG.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
    difficult to compare franklin to Leonard....Jamal is 6'5 191lbs, kawhi 6'7 225 !! franklin is not able to defend on Lebron. not now, not in 3 years.
    he can't play SF in the NBA in my opinion but he's anyway a good prospect at SG.
    Franklin has a wingspan of 6'11 that will help make up for guarding taller people but the majority of the time anyway KD is going to be in the game so he would be used to help create more offensive mismatches. I think he'll be okay. Plus I didn't really compare the twos style, I said Franklin would be better.
    Last edited by LJEATON26; 06-13-2013 at 09:02 AM.

I like Franklin, just personally i like a few wings players more. I dont want anymore questionable shooters, and that's not to say he's a bad shooter because he's not but it's not a strong suit. Caldwell-Pope, Karasev, Muhammad..those guys are strong shooters and versatile offensive players. Just feel like they'd be a better compliment.

Re:Thabo i feel like there is a good chance he get's another 3 year deal for around 10 to 12 million, unless they did take a guy like Franklin and he develops into a comparable NBA defender. I think if we do go wing at 12 i'd rather grab a knock down shooter/versatile scorer to add to the bench with RJ and Lamb and keep Thabo's defense. Even at some point transitioning Thabo to the bench if they eventually feel there is a better fit.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast