Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How should the MVP votes go?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Media only.

1 3.85%
  • Coaches only.

7 26.92%
  • Players only.

5 19.23%
  • Combination of all three.

10 38.46%
  • Other.

3 11.54%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Should the league make a change to the MVP voting?

The players used to vote for the MVP, now the media votes for it. Judging from what some former players have to say, it's hard to suggest that they always know what is best.

There seems to be some controversy over LBJ not getting a unanimous selection as MVP. I don't think it's a big deal, but I think there should be some examination of the voting system.

I have not problem with the media voting, but I don't think they should be the only ones voting. I think the coaches should get to vote (assistant too) and players (at least anybody who averaged 20+ minutes a game if not everybody). And there should be a rule that nobody is allowed to vote for a teammate, that way there will never be issues about a player not getting a unanimous vote.

What are your thoughts?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Although I believe that LeBron should have been unanimous, I too do not think it is that big of a deal. However, it was a big deal when it was reported that more than a few writers did not have Durant in the their top 5. Absolute nonsense.

I also feel like the MVP is sometimes given as a statement. The MVP awards given to Rose, Nash, Kobe, hell even LeBron's first MVP have all been questioned (Edit before this gets nasty: I'm not saying they didn't deserve the award/ deserve it at some point in their career, just the year that it was given to them).

I don't know what but something needs to be changed.
    Celts.Pats.Sox.A's.Ajax.Netherlands Soccer Team.

Media+Coaches(+Assistant) would be great.

But not players. Some of them are candidates so obviously they are gonna vote against someone they don't wish to win so they have a better chance to win themselves or their teammate etc. (example Westbrook voting for Durant). You really think someone from Pacers are gonna vote for LeBron? Not a chance.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimal View Post
    Media+Coaches(+Assistant) would be great.

But not players. Some of them are candidates so obviously they are gonna vote against someone they don't wish to win so they have a better chance to win themselves or their teammate etc. (example Westbrook voting for Durant). You really think someone from Pacers are gonna vote for LeBron? Not a chance.
    That is why players and coaches would not be allowed to vote for guys they play with or coach.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

It depends. for instance Baseball made a change which is why Ruth only has 1 mvp. When he should have as many as Bonds who has 7 MVP's. If you change the criteria, make it the same every year. Baseball seems to give it to the best hitter/player. So either be an elite star in the league and lead your team to the top record in your conference (Iverson 2001, Rose 2011) and you get MVP, or have the best numbers in the league and be MVP (guys who led in PER or WS or WS/PER 48 minutes or multiple of them and either scoring as well).
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

I am not really for the players having much input. They have more biased than anyone, and seem to measure career accomplishments into their decisions when it has no business being there.

I like a mix of coaches and the media.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

The MVP and the MVP voting are a huge joke as of now. In over 50 combined years of Shaq, Kobe, and Hakeem playing they have a grand total of 3 MVPS. Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    The MVP and the MVP voting are a huge joke as of now. In over 50 combined years of Shaq, Kobe, and Hakeem playing they have a grand total of 3 MVPS. Fail.
    At least they have corrected it 4 of the past 5 years after having a rough stretch for part of the 1998-2008 period with the award. Steve Nash? Really?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    At least they have corrected it 4 of the past 5 years after having a rough stretch for part of the 1998-2008 period with the award. Steve Nash? Really?
    Lebron deserved 3 out of 4 imo, Kobe should have 2-3. Oh well.

kobe doesn't even deserve the one he got,

Lebron deserved 3 out of 4 imo, Kobe should have 2-3. Oh well.
    LOL what years did kobe deserve mvp please tell?

Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    kobe doesn't even deserve the one he got,
    Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    LOL what years did kobe deserve mvp please tell?
    06 for sure, possibly 07 and 09.

Lol

Kobe should have one MVP, not the one he already has but the one Steve Nash stole from him.

Do what the NHL does with the Vezina. Have the general managers do it. Give them three votes each with a 1-2-3 point system.

Lol

tell me how think durant should be mvp this year because he didn't have as much help as lebron, but at the same time kobe deserved his mvp when cp3 1.put up better numbers 2. less help 3. only was a game behind lakers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast