Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which was the worst for the franchise?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hornets trading Kobe Bryant for Vlade Divac?

5 38.46%
  • Sixers trading Charles Barkley to the Suns?

4 30.77%
  • Knicks trading Mark Jacskon to the Clippers?

1 7.69%
  • Hawks trading Dominique Wilkins for Danny Manning?

2 15.38%
  • Sonics trading Shawn Kemp to Cleveland?

0 0%
  • Mavericks trading Jamal Mashburn to the Heat?

0 0%
  • Washington trading Chris Webber to Sacramento?

1 7.69%
  • Other? Please specify

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerHouse View Post
    Rodman for Purdue is my vote out of those, thats just plain stupid of SA. I never knew that was a trade. I was thinking all along he went to the Bulls on free agency.
    I believe Spurs tried triple towers in spurts with Duncan at SF and Robinson at PF and Purdue at center.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerHouse View Post
    Rodman for Purdue is my vote out of those, thats just plain stupid of SA. I never knew that was a trade. I was thinking all along he went to the Bulls on free agency.
    I want to say that he was not meshing with San Antonio's front office well. One of those move him for whatever you can get before he blows this thing up.

Can we just say Pat Garrity??? lol

Traded with Terrell Brandon and Tyrone Hill for old Shawn Kemp...

Traded with Dirk for Traylor.

Then sent to Phoenix with Muurseep and Bubba Wells and a first round pick that same day for Steve Nash.

Then traded to Orlando (with the pick that became Amare Stoudemire) for a beat up Penny.

If you are moving Pat Garrity, someone's getting bent over in the 90's. lol

Quote Originally Posted by slashsnake View Post
    I want to say that he was not meshing with San Antonio's front office well. One of those move him for whatever you can get before he blows this thing up.

Can we just say Pat Garrity??? lol

Traded with Terrell Brandon and Tyrone Hill for old Shawn Kemp...

Traded with Dirk for Traylor.

Then sent to Phoenix with Muurseep and Bubba Wells and a first round pick that same day for Steve Nash.

Then traded to Orlando (with the pick that became Amare Stoudemire) for a beat up Penny.

If you are moving Pat Garrity, someone's getting bent over in the 90's. lol
    I remember Brandon was quoted saying cool we get Kemp. Then reporter was like your part of the trade. Then he was like oh. lol Then Bucks re-flipped him fast for Sam Cassell. Then we re-flipped Hill for Tim Thomas and Scott Williams. Worked out well since all we gave up was Vin Baker. Oh yeah Honeycutt was sent to 76ers as well. That was the start of the Bucks big 3 though.

The Kobe for Divac was pretty bad. Although nobody could predict how Kobe would grow by leaps and bounds. The Charles Barkley trade was just the Sixers trying to salvage something. Barkley wanted out of the Sixers by then right?

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    The two that I feel that deserve most mention is Mark Jackson to Clippers and Shawn Kemp to Cavs. I feel that the Knicks could have won a championship with Mark Jackson running the paint, while the Sonics were pretty much destroyed after trading Kemp for Baker (essentially that was the trade).
    why do you think that? I was very upset when that trade happened b/c i was a big Mark fan. That said if they don't make the deal, they probably bring back Gerlad and its Mark, Wilkens, Mase, Oak, and Pat. I don't think that team could score enough to win a title. After the trade they lost there backcourt but added Doc and Charles Smith plus they promoted Starks. Smith was supposed to be that second scorer they needed and with Doc and Greg Anthony splitting time at the point you lost some offensive but went to elite on D at that spot. Smith just wasn't good enough/never quite fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I remember Brandon was quoted saying cool we get Kemp. Then reporter was like your part of the trade. Then he was like oh. lol Then Bucks re-flipped him fast for Sam Cassell. Then we re-flipped Hill for Tim Thomas and Scott Williams. Worked out well since all we gave up was Vin Baker. Oh yeah Honeycutt was sent to 76ers as well. That was the start of the Bucks big 3 though.
    was Baker known to have any off the court problems yet in Milk? Was he a Buck when he totally forgot how to shoot free throws? I remember a stretch where he was air balling free throws every night.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    why do you think that? I was very upset when that trade happened b/c i was a big Mark fan. That said if they don't make the deal, they probably bring back Gerlad and its Mark, Wilkens, Mase, Oak, and Pat. I don't think that team could score enough to win a title. After the trade they lost there backcourt but added Doc and Charles Smith plus they promoted Starks. Smith was supposed to be that second scorer they needed and with Doc and Greg Anthony splitting time at the point you lost some offensive but went to elite on D at that spot. Smith just wasn't good enough/never quite fit.
    Just realized I typed 'paint' instead of 'point', seems awkward to say paint lol.

I don't think we'd have that much trouble scoring. We'd have weaknesses for sure, but at least we'd have a better core to build around imo. Let's just say that Charles Smith wasn't an upgrade from Mark Jackson and that we could have done much better.
    Heck, we could have drafted Latrell Sprewell in 1992 and have:
    Mark Jackson
    Spree/Starks
    ??/Mason
    Oakley/Mason
    Ewing

we may have been without Doc, Blackman and of course Charles Smith, but I think that Jackson trade was a major setback for our championship run in the 2 years without Jordan(because realistically, there wasn't much to do to beat those Bulls).

I was a fan of Derek Harper though, but he wasn't even close to Mark Jackson.

Just realized I typed 'paint' instead of 'point', seems awkward to say paint lol.

I don't think we'd have that much trouble scoring. We'd have weaknesses for sure, but at least we'd have a better core to build around imo. Let's just say that Charles Smith wasn't an upgrade from Mark Jackson and that we could have done much better.
    Heck, we could have drafted Latrell Sprewell in 1992 and have:
    Mark Jackson
    Spree/Starks
    ??/Mason
    Oakley/Mason
    Ewing

we may have been without Doc, Blackman and of course Charles Smith, but I think that Jackson trade was a major setback for our championship run in the 2 years without Jordan(because realistically, there wasn't much to do to beat those Bulls).

I was a fan of Derek Harper though, but he wasn't even close to Mark Jackson.
    sure if Sprewell falls in there lap they are sitting pretty but thats like saying if they had landed Mitch Richmond. They needed someone who could put the ball in the hole other then Pat. Blackman was a huge disappointment on the knicks. we knew we were getting a dude that was past his prime but he was supposed to be a knock down shooter and a scorer for us. Those knick team just didn't have enough offense to get over the hump. Ton of heart but they relied on Pat to much on O. I see your point Smith wasn't an upgrade from Jaxs. You are rightin that they gambled on Smith and Blackman and lost. I disagree with harp the not being close to Mark Jackson though. Harper was huge for NY.
    Last edited by ewing; 01-23-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Harper was huge for us yea, but as a player, he wasn't an upgrade or at the same level. He played his heart out though and that's why we all love him. And he didn't have a Starks moment (whom we also love) to get a little hatred and responsibility for losses.

Not sure if you mean we could sign Mitch Richmond as a free agent or trade for him, I don't remember much of the rumors back then, but I knew that they were looking for a 2nd star next to Pat. Sprewell on the other hand was picked 24th and we wasted the 20th pick on fellow SG, Hubert Davis who was mostly a shooter but nothing special. Spree was an instant starter with Golden State on the other hand and we could have developed him as well.

Harper was huge for us yea, but as a player, he wasn't an upgrade or at the same level. He played his heart out though and that's why we all love him. And he didn't have a Starks moment (whom we also love) to get a little hatred and responsibility for losses.

Not sure if you mean we could sign Mitch Richmond as a free agent or trade for him, I don't remember much of the rumors back then, but I knew that they were looking for a 2nd star next to Pat. Sprewell on the other hand was picked 24th and we wasted the 20th pick on fellow SG, Hubert Davis who was mostly a shooter but nothing special. Spree was an instant starter with Golden State on the other hand and we could have developed him as well.

I think Harp was every bit as good as Jaxs. He was twice the defender (at least), a solid game manager, and a very clutch shooter. As for Mitch, he was a guy that they were always rumored to be going after thats why i mentioned him. You are right we would have been better off drafting Spree instead of Hubert but hindsight is 20/20. Spree was obviously a lot better then everyone realized.

Sonics trading Kemp to Cleveland is successful trade, knowing how bad after that he become.

Quote Originally Posted by voyager77 View Post
    Sonics trading Kemp to Cleveland is successful trade, knowing how bad after that he become.
    Baker and Kemp both fell off after them trades. Baker took a little bit longer to fall off. Was weird how Kemp gained weight then was useless bad contract.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12