Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

What is your squads All-Decade team

Im stretching decade abit, but from 2000 till now, what were the best players your team has had at every position?

Trying to see which teams had the best talent at different positions.

You can choose to add players you think give your team the best chance of winning if you wish. Like if Im Memphis, I'd much rather have Shane Battier instead of Rudy Gay, regardless of what some metrics may say.

Feel free to tinker with positions, Im not going to put Kaman or DJ at Center when I know Brand can do just fine.

Clippers lineup:

CP3
    Mobley
    Butler
    Blake
    Brand

Thats pretty sad considering its an All-Decade team.

nelson
    mcgrady
    hill
    lewis
    howard

in their primes, that team stacks up well against most of these upcoming lists i'd imagine. such a shame grant had such terrible injury woes.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

is this during the prime years of the players or during the time they were with the team?

prime years:
    shaq
    malone
    artest
    kobe
    payton/nash

but if based on the years they were with the team, then this

shaq
    pau
    caron
    kobe
    nash
    NBA SIM LEAGUE GM

Los Angeles Lakers
    1995-1996: 51-31
    1996-1997: 51-31

Raptors

Alvin Williams Or Calderon
    Vince Carter
    Rudy gay
    Chris Bosh
    Antonio Davis

This team has not had a really good point guard since Damon Stoudamire

Kyle Lowry is better than Alvin/Calderon, I'd say.

Are we taking best talent in their prime or assuming the talent level is that of when they played on our squad?

2005 Stephon Marbury
    2000 Allan Houston
    2000 Latrell Sprewell
    2013 Carmelo Anthony
    2012 Tyson Chandler

I was torn between 2000 Sprewell or 2010 David Lee, and moving Melo to SF. I'm feelin' the small ball lineup.

Also torn between a young, athletic and budding 2000 Camby, an aged and hobbled 2000 Ewing, and Tyson's best pro season and DPOY campaign. I think Camby's shotblocking and athleticism would fit well with these guys and initiate some hellish breaks but Tyson's 2012 campaign was capable of covering up for a lot of defensive holes, which this team would have. I think Spree and Tyson would be enough to keep them competitive defensively and I would sprinkle defensive vets all over the bench.

I also hate having Marbs on here, but really couldn't justify putting Ward, Felton, Lin, or ****ing Duhon over him. Yes, the Knicks PG situation has been THAT bad. I think Ward would work as a defender and spot shooting PG, while Spree and Melo initiated most of the offense. But Marbs was 20-8 in 2005, he was a looney toon but hands down the most talented PG we've had in a long long time.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 04-27-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Parker
    Ginobili
    Bowen (Leonard will probably take this spot in a couple years)
    Duncan
    Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Feel free to tinker with positions, Im not going to put Kaman or DJ at Center when I know Brand can do just fine.

Clippers lineup:

CP3
    Mobley
    Butler
    Blake
    Brand

Thats pretty sad considering its an All-Decade team.
    lamar odom used to be a small forward when he started and he was better than butler

Best poster on PSD Douglas

Probably

Lowry
    Harden
    Tmac
    Scola
    Yao

When they played on your squad obviously. Its kind of cheating if you use prime Shaq on the Cavs/Celtics for example.

Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Probably

Lowry
    Harden
    Tmac
    Scola
    Yao
    I would honestly have Bob Sura in place of Lowry but that might be my obsession with glue guys. Every team should have at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    nelson
    mcgrady
    hill
    lewis
    howard

in their primes, that team stacks up well against most of these upcoming lists i'd imagine. such a shame grant had such terrible injury woes.
    Looks good, I can pretty much figure out which years but would love to hear your take regardless.

Thoughts on Mike Miller? Do you remember the years when Doc trotted out a completely unconventional lineup, in Hill-Tmac-Miller?
    Last edited by Chronz; 04-27-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Are we taking best talent in their prime or assuming the talent level is that of when they played on our squad?

2005 Stephon Marbury
    2000 Allan Houston
    2000 Latrell Sprewell
    2013 Carmelo Anthony
    2012 Tyson Chandler

I was torn between 2000 Sprewell or 2010 David Lee, and moving Melo to SF. I'm feelin' the small ball lineup.

Also torn between a young, athletic and budding 2000 Camby, an aged and hobbled 2000 Ewing, and Tyson's best pro season and DPOY campaign. I think Camby's shotblocking and athleticism would fit well with these guys and initiate some hellish breaks but Tyson's 2012 campaign was capable of covering up for a lot of defensive holes, which this team would have. I think Spree and Tyson would be enough to keep them competitive defensively and I would sprinkle defensive vets all over the bench.

I also hate having Marbs on here, but really couldn't justify putting Ward, Felton, Lin, or ****ing Duhon over him. Yes, the Knicks PG situation has been THAT bad. I think Ward would work as a defender and spot shooting PG, while Spree and Melo initiated most of the offense. But Marbs was 20-8 in 2005, he was a looney toon but hands down the most talented PG we've had in a long long time.
    Props for doing the wine cellar challenge (Simmons thing), where you give us specific years. Will examine list in abit.

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Parker
    Ginobili
    Bowen (Leonard will probably take this spot in a couple years)
    Duncan
    Robinson
    Spurs were interesting to me, would love additional context (specific years).

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    nelson
    mcgrady
    hill
    lewis
    howard

Looks good, I can pretty much figure out which years but would love to hear your take regardless.

Thoughts on Mike Miller? Do you remember the years when Doc trotted out a completely unconventional lineup, in Hill-Tmac-Miller?

Rose
    Crawford
    Deng
    Boozer
    Noah

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast