Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    95
    George
    Gallo
    Gay
    Leonard
    Chandler
    Batum
    Parsons
    Hayward
    Turner
    Harris

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenSouvlaki View Post
    Whats the reasoning for Paul George being clearly the best? Him and Gallinari seem very close yet almost everyone has George 1st and Gallinari in the 2-5 range. Not saying Gallo is better, just wondering what the reasoning is.


    Their numbers from this year are very close as well: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...rgpa01&y2=2013
    I think part of it will be that George was an All Star, which gave him more visibility, but it's mostly that he has similar numbers while being younger with three years less experience (and still on his rookie contract), and that Gallo just tore his ACL and nobody knows what it'll do to his game.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,130
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenSouvlaki View Post
    Whats the reasoning for Paul George being clearly the best? Him and Gallinari seem very close yet almost everyone has George 1st and Gallinari in the 2-5 range. Not saying Gallo is better, just wondering what the reasoning is.


    Their numbers from this year are very close as well: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...rgpa01&y2=2013
    DEFENSE!!

    George is more complete, he has a great overall game.

    I did my list without research but now looking at the stats... I overrated Gay and Batum, I would put Gallo 2nd and then Batum and Gay

    Original...
    Paul George
    Nicolas Batum
    Rudy Gay
    Danilo Gallinari
    Chandler Parsons
    Kawhi Leonard
    Wilson Chandler
    Tobias Harris (can't put him higher right now, but based on potential he can get that 3 or 4th spot)
    Gordon Hayward
    Evan Turner

    PG
    Gallo
    Batum
    Gay
    Parsons
    Hayward
    Kawhi
    Chandler
    Harris
    Turner

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...soch01&y6=2013

    I think Chandler has the potential to be greater, of those 6 players compared he is the most efficient by a landslide 48% the rest are rounding the 41-2% mark.
    Last edited by CHANGO; 04-23-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    Miami HEAT

    I only post when it's playoffs time

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    33,518
    SF talent is pretty good in this league.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANGO View Post
    DEFENSE!!
    Gallo's D is pretty underrated. And I dont really like defensive rating as I feel it is too much of a team stat.

    Another interesting stat is their Points Per FGA. Gallo's is 1.31 and PG's is 1.16. IMO, I would rank Gallo's offence ahead of PG's. I know George gets more assists, but his AST/TO ratio is not as good as Gallo's.

    Defence I guess goes to PG. But I dont think its as wide a margin as most think.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,130
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenSouvlaki View Post
    Gallo's D is pretty underrated. And I dont really like defensive rating as I feel it is too much of a team stat.

    Another interesting stat is their Points Per FGA. Gallo's is 1.31 and PG's is 1.16. IMO, I would rank Gallo's offence ahead of PG's. I know George gets more assists, but his AST/TO ratio is not as good as Gallo's.

    Defence I guess goes to PG. But I dont think its as wide a margin as most think.
    Ohh of course, I'm not saying Gallo is a bad defender he is pretty good, but PG is better. On the other hand, Gallo is a more complete offensive player IMO, PG is still developing on that category, and they are both tied in efficiency.

    Again the complete game of PG gives him the little nod between the 2, but as you say isn't that wide of a margin.

    And I just think we have GREAT and young talented SF's a los of the guys listed here are good offensively and defensively that's great to see!
    Miami HEAT

    I only post when it's playoffs time

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANGO View Post
    Ohh of course, I'm not saying Gallo is a bad defender he is pretty good, but PG is better. On the other hand, Gallo is a more complete offensive player IMO, PG is still developing on that category, and they are both tied in efficiency.

    Again the complete game of PG gives him the little nod between the 2, but as you say isn't that wide of a margin.

    And I just think we have GREAT and young talented SF's a los of the guys listed here are good offensively and defensively that's great to see!
    Fair enough.


    Here's my list:

    George
    Gallo
    Chandler
    Batum
    Gay
    Hayward
    Parsons
    Leonard
    Harris
    Turner

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    103
    kawhi george and hayward top 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •