Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who's had the better career?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Billups

7 14.29%
  • Parker

42 85.71%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by i.got.the.nutz View Post
    Do you think a prime Billups would be able to carry this Spurs team like Parker has been doing these past couple seasons?
    This is one of the biggest misconceptions in the NBA. Parker has never carried the Spurs over the course of a season, he has always benefitted early from a top calibre supporting cast, possibly the best coach of the last decade and depth for days on his roster. Prime Chauncey would more than fill Parker's shoes.

i think billups was the better player during his career, but i guess this isn't asking that. parker has had the better career, but i think billups was the better player.

again, i think that because of defense.

on an all-time list, i'd rank billups ahead of parker.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

I think it's Parker and not even close to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    This is one of the biggest misconceptions in the NBA. Parker has never carried the Spurs over the course of a season, he has always benefitted early from a top calibre supporting cast, possibly the best coach of the last decade and depth for days on his roster. Prime Chauncey would more than fill Parker's shoes.
    It's sort of a double edged sword, I don't know Chauncey would "more" than fill Parker's shoes, because there are things Parker is capable of doing that weren't necessarily Chauncey's strengths. And those things are vital to the way the team operates, mainly his ability to get into the paint with easy and finish at a very high % or kick out to the shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    It's sort of a double edged sword, I don't know Chauncey would "more" than fill Parker's shoes, because there are things Parker is capable of doing that weren't necessarily Chauncey's strengths. And those things are vital to the way the team operates, mainly his ability to get into the paint with easy and finish at a very high % or kick out to the shooters.
    Didn't really think to much on that but I can certainly see you POV, especially early 00s Parker/Spurs. Point taken.

Wouldhave been cool if Billups was on the Spurs all those years, he well was the perfect player for what they run over there.

Billups is mad underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    You play to your to the strengths of your best players. Whatever they loose in Parkers driving ability (even though Hoopdata says the Chauncey is a better finisher than you're giving him credit for) gets made up with ELITE floor spacing/defense/foul drawing.

Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

Even if you disagree that he'd necessarily make the Spurs better (that's a more of a matter of fit than talent/production) ceteris paribus give me Chauncey.

Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    Billups is mad underrated.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    You play to your to the strengths of your best players. Whatever they loose in Parkers driving ability (even though Hoopdata says the Chauncey is a better finisher than you're giving him credit for) gets made up with ELITE floor spacing/defense/foul drawing.
    I didn't necessarily take away or not give Chauncey credit, I just felt it was more a strength of Parker's than his. (Which I think Hoopdata confirms) The whole "put this player on this team and see if a team is better/worse" is such a bad argument imho. Changing a player means changing the dynamic of the team, changing the chemistry of the team, potentially changing roles on the team, etc... & I've always been a fan of Chauncey, love his leadership, ability to hit big shots, and play D. He's a big PG who uses his size well in the post, and has a high BBIQ.

I don't think there's anything wrong with thinking Parker's Prime > Chauncey's Prime though.

I am a Pistons fan, and this is not close.

Tony is an elite player. Billups never had the game Parker has, he has less championships, and simply is not on Parker's level.

Both are damn good players.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

Close but I'll go with Billups.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

It is closer than people are making it out to be. Chauncey has had a hell of a career and led the Pistons to a title and 2 finals appearances as the best player on his team. He went to the Eastern Conf. Finals 4 times in a row, I believe as the lead guy. He was an all star and a clutch player and so I think his resume can be measured against Parker's in terms of team success and individual success.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

Quote Originally Posted by MonroeFAN View Post
    I am a Pistons fan, and this is not close.

Tony is an elite player. Billups never had the game Parker has, he has less championships, and simply is not on Parker's level.

Both are damn good players.
    Please. I am not a Pistons fan, but I saw both guys at their absolute best and Chauncey is definitely on Parker's level.

As far as the championships argument, Chauncey never played with David Robinson, Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobli and so that is a moot point. As the lead player, Billups led his team to a title and so did Parker. Both guys did it one time, although a case could be made that Duncan was still the best player on that 07 championship Spurs team.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast