Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who's had the better career?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Billups

7 14.00%
  • Parker

43 86.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Do you think a prime Billups would be able to carry this Spurs team like Parker has been doing these past couple seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by i.got.the.nutz View Post
    Do you think a prime Billups would be able to carry this Spurs team like Parker has been doing these past couple seasons?
    Well considering the fact that prime Billups is better than Parker ever was, yes.
    Last edited by b@llhog24; 04-22-2013 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

I had the short-sighted instinct to go with Parker, but then actually used my brain and understood just how close this is. One advantage Parker has is his early career being carried by Duncan/Robinson. He never floundered on losing teams like Billups did for so many years. Both are late bloomers. I'll go with Parker having the better career merely due to circumstances. But two more years like this for Parker and he should win the debate soundly.

If you look at those Pistons teams Billups lead, two completely different teams. Billups is not the diverse offensive player Parker is, and Parker is not the shooter/defender Billups was for that Pistons team. They are/were perfect fits for those teams, but if you traded them off, both teams would suffer. IMO.

ewing

No Billups was never the creator that Tony is. He was an elite shooter, defender, and game manager but he was no where near the creator that Tony is. I take tony overall b/c of his ability to break down defenses off the dribble

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamShaker View Post
    If you look at those Pistons teams Billups lead, two completely different teams. Billups is not the diverse offensive player Parker is, and Parker is not the shooter/defender Billups was for that Pistons team. They are/were perfect fits for those teams, but if you traded them off, both teams would suffer. IMO.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Parker!!! That's an no brainer. Besides players that gets bounced around the league lose value

Parker easily.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

Very close. I would probably say in terms of their prime, I would take CB. He was a better defender and a better pull-up shooter. With Parker's continued success, I would say when he quits, overall my pick would be for him. Hard to argue that CB has had a better career when Parker has had more success (though part of it is team based, but I cannot fault him for that).

Push comes to shove, give me Parker.

TP... and IM not sure its that close...

I had to say Parker as far as better career because he's had the opportunity to play with one of the best bigs in NBA history and has won multiple titles. I know Pop rides him but we all can see how that affected Parker. He's a great talent and dropped in the right situation I believe.

I've got to say that Billips isn't that far behind even though he doesn't have quite the number of titles as Parker. Nobody can take away the nickname he's earned. I would be proud to be Mr. Big Shot.

As far as talent goes, I just can't say who's the better player...

Parker wth lmaoo

Thank You For EVERYTHING Tim Duncan!

TP... i think its really close... chauncey is one of my all time faves and i think an argument can be made for him.

chauncey led one of the most improbable NBA titles wins, and that detroit team went back to ECF like what 4 or 5x? TP has gotten to play w/ duncan and manu... im not sure even at his prime TP coulda led that DET team like chauncey.

as an individual player, TP's ability to score at a much higher FG% is hard to argue against... again, i think its close.

Better player? Chauncey. That's not the question though. Parker has the better career IMO.

Parker by quite a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Jimmer still being BLACK BALLED by the illuminati/homeboys...
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast