Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

LeBron on pace to finish 3rd all time in three pointers made??

Obviously the pace will be incredibly hard to keep up but as lebron ages and starts to lose athleticism I can see him becoming a deadly jump shooter.

By the way, I posted this because I had no idea he was on such a pace. People don't consider him a jump shooter but if he is on that pace that's pretty impressive.

Where do you guys think he ends up at the end of his career?

Based on playing how many years?

It just goes to show you how underrated Lebron still is. I think of Lebron as a good 3pt shooter. I think most people think of him as average at best. Who knew this dude was on pace to be number 3 all time in made 3 pointers. How do haters alone have the power to keep this hidden?

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    It just goes to show you how underrated Lebron still is. I think of Lebron as a good 3pt shooter. I think most people think of him as average at best. Who knew this dude was on pace to be number 3 all time in made 3 pointers. How do haters alone have the power to keep this hidden?
    Your sycophantic and defensive nature with Lebron is weird dude. Calm down. Before last season, Lebron was a very middling 3pt shooter (tho' his mid-range game had already made the leap), but then he began to improve and had his first above par season. This year, it has REALLY improved. Part of this is likely due to him taking less/smarter 3's per game than he did earlier in his career. It's a testament to his bbiq and maturity.

At any rate, how are you calculating this OP? Are you guessing that he plays 10 more years? 8? What about how many 3's per game he's taking - he takes less now than he did in his earlier years. Obviously that makes a difference. Are you also taking into account the future of current high volume 3 pt takers? KD? Young guns like Curry who can make up ground in a hurry?

Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    Based on playing how many years?
    To me it looks like, assuming he makes the same amount each year and doesnt become more of a shooter, like 9-10 years. He has made 1020 currently and kidd is in third with 1986. I'm not sure I'd say on pace for 3rd place, but top 10 (roughly 1700) seems more than likely. If he becomes more of a shooter as he loses his athleticism then we could talk top 3.

LeBron on pace to finish 3rd all time in three pointers made??

He would have to make about 100 3's a season for 10 more years to get there. Idk if he will put up enough attempts to get there. He has only 240 attempts this year compared to his Cleveland days when he was jacking 350+ a yr.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Your sycophantic and defensive nature with Lebron is weird dude. Calm down. Before last season, Lebron was a very middling 3pt shooter (tho' his mid-range game had already made the leap), but then he began to improve and had his first above par season. This year, it has REALLY improved. Part of this is likely due to him taking less/smarter 3's per game than he did earlier in his career. It's a testament to his bbiq and maturity.

At any rate, how are you calculating this OP? Are you guessing that he plays 10 more years? 8? What about how many 3's per game he's taking - he takes less now than he did in his earlier years. Obviously that makes a difference. Are you also taking into account the future of current high volume 3 pt takers? KD? Young guns like Curry who can make up ground in a hurry?
    So he is a middle of the pack three point shooter and he's on pace for number 3 spot in 3's made.

Makes perfect sense!

Micheal Jordan is a middle of the pack scorer and he's got the 3 spot.

Barry Sanders is a middle of the pack rusher, and he's got the 3 spot.

Terrell Owens is a middle of the pack TD grabber, and he's got the 3 spot.

Welcome to Tre's world, where when it makes no sense, it makes perfect sense.
    Nothin but love for ya Tre

So he is a middle of the pack three point shooter and he's on pace for number 3 spot in 3's made.

Makes perfect sense!

Your sychophanting is clouding that pesky "reality" thing again. Those players are actually #3 in those respective stats, this thread is simply a projection of what could possibly be in some distant future that Lebron plays in at the same pace for a certain # of years that is still undetermined by the OP. You realize that, yeah?...

And yes, a middling 3pt shooter is one who shoots at roughly 33%. Lebron - despite one above par season and one elite season - is still a career 33.7% 3pt shooter. For people to acknowledge that as average was both perfectly fair and 100% correct.

But I don't know why I'm bothering, I'll let you get back to your LBJ poster now.

Makes perfect sense!

What he said was true. Before last year Lebron was averaging 33% from 3 point range, which to me seems roughly middle of the pack. If he was on pace to 3rd most threes made, it was due more to volume than efficiency. Over the past couple years it appears Lebron has improved his 3 ball and is well above average from 3 now.

Makes perfect sense!

Its to do with volume buddy. Do you really think Jason Kidd is the 3rd best 3 point shooter of all time? Hes below 35% for his career. His knickname used to be Ason Kidd, as in no J...
    THE BAY IS BACK

Makes perfect sense!

So you think Jason Kidd is one of the great 3 point shooters of all time... do us all a favor and pour water over your keyboard.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post

LOL...This is true.. Why do Lebron Lovers always feel the need to back him up? They are the worst at this. The guy is on top of the world right now but they feel he is still deserving of more haha. Good god people we all know hes the best at basketball right now... You can all rest comfortably knowing the king is still ruling your lives.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBlessU View Post
    LOL...This is true.. Why do Lebron Lovers always feel the need to back him up? They are the worst at this. The guy is on top of the world right now but they feel he is still deserving of more haha. Good god people we all know hes the best at basketball right now... You can all rest comfortably knowing the king is still ruling your lives.
    Judging by all the time you spend commenting on him, I'd say he's ruling your life, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zo View Post
    Judging by all the time you spend commenting on him, I'd say he's ruling your life, too.
    All the time I spend commenting on him? I have a whopping 0.36 posts per day and 1 of the past 10 were on Lebron… Do some hw before you make stupid comments

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBlessU View Post
    All the time I spend commenting on him? I have a whopping 0.36 posts per day and 1 of the past 10 were on Lebron… Do some hw before you make stupid comments
    Bwahahaha! Everything you post on the NBA forum deals with LeBron. You and that other guy that's obsessed with Melo being the MVP should get married.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast