Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Interesting read about Lincecum. He might fit nicely at the back end of the bullpen. Hell, along with Smyly, Benoit and the continued improvement of Rondon, Detroit's bullpen could suddenly be a strength.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...-reliever.html

"Lions, Tigers and Pistons, OH MY!" (and Hoosiers...and Redwings....)

ESPN's Buster Olney reports that the Tigers are hoping to acquire the Brewers' Francisco Rodriguez.
    But Detroit is probably going to have to pay a hefty price. There is a crowded trade market for K-Rod, who has a brilliant 1.14 ERA, 1.01 WHIP and 26/8 K/BB ratio in 23 2/3 innings this season. If he winds up with the Tigers, he could get a chance to save games.
    rotoworld

The Texas Rangers have acquired right-hander Matt Garza from the Chicago Cubs, the team announced Monday night.

The Cubs acquired Triple-A infielder Mike Olt, Class-A right-hander C.J. Edwards, right-hander Justin Grimm and a fourth player to be named later from the Rangers.
    First reported by fox sports.

Looks like no Garza for us. I know that idea was floated around here.

#teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

I like it. It doesn't hurt to have some vet depth in the minors. Now should anyone get hurt we have Bondo and Jair who could fill in one or 2 times.

Whoa. Didn't even know he was out there, what happened? He's always used as a prime example whenever someone *****es about DD.

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Whoa. Didn't even know he was out there, what happened? He's always used as a prime example whenever someone *****es about DD.
    I ***** about DDs drafting I actually had no problem with that trade and still don't think it was that bad.

I would rather have had Jurrgens for a couple of seasons than Edgar Diarrhea. Just my opinion.
    "It's like deja-vu, all over again." -Yogi Berra

Good news/bad news time.

Bad news is Infante's probably going to still be out for a while.
    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/mlb/...1&feedID=11341

Good news is, the longer he's out this season, the cheaper he'll probably be next year if we decide to bring him back.
    #teamboom4life

That really sucks about infante, he really gives the bottom of our lineup life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zander 77 View Post
    Good news/bad news time.

Bad news is Infante's probably going to still be out for a while.
    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/mlb/...1&feedID=11341

Good news is, the longer he's out this season, the cheaper he'll probably be next year if we decide to bring him back.
    The blessing in disguise is that our division sucks so we can get an extended look at Perez.

^ what he said.
    "It's like deja-vu, all over again." -Yogi Berra

FOX Sports' Jon Morosi reports the Tigers have been involved in trade talks for Joe Nathan.
    The Rangers have had internal discussions about possibly trading Nathan, but there hasn't been any momentum towards a deal and the Tigers are unlikely to meet their asking price. Nathan, 38, currently ranks third in the AL with 32 saves and has a 1.73 ERA. If traded, he would likely be replaced by Joakim Soria.
    rotoworld

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    rotoworld
    I wouldn't hate having him, but I don't think I'd like paying what it would take to get him.

Of course, I'm terrified of playing Texas in the playoffs if they have Soria and Nathan at the back of their bullpen. That's a pair of names that should scare any Tiger fan.
    #teamboom4life

Agreed.

Apparently what they are looking for is a bat so it surely would cost us Castellanos. If we trade him I do not want him in the AL.

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast