Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    I just read on the Tigers Facebook page that AlAl has been optioned to Toledo, and have recalled Evan Reed?
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

Just saw that on Rotoworld. Odd move.

Never heard of Reed, apparently we claimed him off waivers last month

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

An interesting article that sums up a lot of what you guys are already thinking, I think.
    #teamboom4life

well we caught fire with avila when we ran through catchers. he was just supposed to be a solid defensive catcher. maybe lightning could strike twice with mccann? I like the guy. He works his *** off and he would already be in detroit had we not signed pena

Quote Originally Posted by rotoworld.com
    The Detroit News speculates that the Tigers could call up Nick Castellanos soon.
    With Austin Jackson on the disabled list and Andy Dirks struggling, the Tigers could consider a promotion for Castellanos in mid-June to avoid Super Two status. The 21-year-old top prospect is batting .279/.354/.464 with eight home runs and 29 RBI at Triple-A Toledo.
    I can't see this happening tbh. Garcia would get more PT first and so would Tui. If Jackson is expected to be out a couple more months then maybe, but I can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    I can't see this happening tbh. Garcia would get more PT first and so would Tui. If Jackson is expected to be out a couple more months then maybe, but I can't see it.
    I hope they don't.
    If he's "only" hitting .280 in Toledo, he's going to do poorly in the bigs. Give him the full year in Toledo, MAYBE bring him up in September, and then a real chance at a spot next spring.
    #teamboom4life

I agree with both of you.

I think the real consideration of Castellanos has more to do with the lack of production from V Mart than the situation with A Jax. Just my opinion.

Either way, I don't see the benefit to bringing him up in June...August/September sure, but not June.
    "It's like deja-vu, all over again." -Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Zander 77 View Post
    I hope they don't.
    If he's "only" hitting .280 in Toledo, he's going to do poorly in the bigs. Give him the full year in Toledo, MAYBE bring him up in September, and then a real chance at a spot next spring.
    Manny Machado was called up from AA when he was hitting .266

Tigers agreed to terms with first-round pick RHP Jonathan Crawford.
    Baseball America's Jim Callis reports that Crawford will receive $2.0017 million, matching the slot value for the No. 20 pick. Some feel Crawford might wind up in the bullpen, but he can run his fastball up to 96 mph and he has flashed promise with his slider.
    rotoworld

Anyone else have a feeling Crawford will be the CL by the end of the season?

I don't much care who is the closer as long as it is NOT Baked Potato...
    "It's like deja-vu, all over again." -Yogi Berra

Tigers agreed to terms with competitive balance pick RHP Corey Knebel.
    Knebel was the 39th overall selection in this month's first-year player draft. The hard-throwing right-hander out of the University of Texas got a $1,433,400 signing bonus, according to Baseball America's Jim Callis.
    rotoworld

Alex Avila has gone 0-for-8 in two games as the designated hitter for the Triple-A Toledo Mud Hens.

The Detroit Tigers’ starting catcher was 0-for-5 with two strikeouts in a 5-4 loss to Pawtucket today. He struck out swinging in the first inning, flew out to center in the third, grounded out to first in the fifth, struck out looking in the seventh and lined out to center in the ninth.

Avila was 0-for-3 with a walk in a 7-2 loss to Pawtucket on Sunday.

Avila went on the 15-day disabled list June 17 with a deep contusion on his left forearm. He is with the Mud Hens on a rehab assignment.

Avila is hitting .172 with five home runs and 13 RBIs in 48 games for the Tigers this season.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2013062...S02/306240107/

Well this sucks

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    That is really bad...

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast