Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Id be good with that

Wonder if you ask chara if he retires next year to start working with the d as a coach. A guy like him can really help the big man and show the kids how to work out
    I don't understand the whole Chara retiring talk. He played great this year. I feel like he's rejuvenated with his new workouts and have more than 1 year left in the tank.

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    I don't understand the whole Chara retiring talk. He played great this year. I feel like he's rejuvenated with his new workouts and have more than 1 year left in the tank.
    Just my opinion... but if we choose to retain him for longer than this year, it probably needs to be for a lesser role. Not sure I would want him playing 1st pairing minutes at 43 years old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Just my opinion... but if we choose to retain him for longer than this year, it probably needs to be for a lesser role. Not sure I would want him playing 1st pairing minutes at 43 years old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think next year, he would go to a 2nd pairing role with Carlo. Ideally, I'd like to trade Krug in a package deal for a top pairing guy. Maybe Giordano? Calgary's PP was horrendous last year and Krug would certainly help. I know Gio's age and everything, but something to think about.

Haters gonna hate

I think next year, he would go to a 2nd pairing role with Carlo. Ideally, I'd like to trade Krug in a package deal for a top pairing guy. Maybe Giordano? Calgary's PP was horrendous last year and Krug would certainly help. I know Gio's age and everything, but something to think about.
    Because of Giordano's age, like you mentioned, is why I pass on that. 34 and another 4 yeas at 6.75M AAV. I would prefer something younger.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Because of Giordano's age, like you mentioned, is why I pass on that. 34 and another 4 yeas at 6.75M AAV. I would prefer something younger.
    Yeah, I think lots of options out there. This is also dependent on whether they think Zboril or Lauzon could be a top 4 guy. I personally think so. In that case, you can afford to go after an older defensemen, IMO.

Haters gonna hate

I wouldn't mind trying for Oscar Klefbom or Darnell Nurse from Edmonton, not sure if edmonton would be interested in parting ways with them. Definitely something I would consider, but not sure what the price would be. Klefbom is the more likely of the two candidates that edmonton would be willing to trade though.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    I wouldn't mind trying for Oscar Klefbom or Darnell Nurse from Edmonton, not sure if edmonton would be interested in parting ways with them. Definitely something I would consider, but not sure what the price would be. Klefbom is the more likely of the two candidates that edmonton would be willing to trade though.
    I like him but he's a scary acquisition. Back in 2016-2017, he was a stud. However, he seems injury prone and took a step back this season. He's signed to a very reasonable cap hit of 4.2M for another 5 seasons. With him, if he can get over the shoulder injury that seemed to hinder him big time this season, you could have an absolute steal on you hands, in terms of value $$-wise and production (getting a top 2-4 guy o that price is sweet). If he doesn't, you just traded one of the top offensive defenseman in the game for an inconsistent defenseman who has issues staying healthy.

I don't see Nurse going anywhere.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Just as a reminder, this is the B's prospect thread. It seems the talk here as moved more towards an off-season thread theme. Please feel free to continue off-season moves in the approprtirate thread.

Thanks everyone!
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Just as a reminder, this is the B's prospect thread. It seems the talk here as moved more towards an off-season thread theme. Please feel free to continue off-season moves in the approprtirate thread.

Thanks everyone!
    They did mention zbriol and lauzon......
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    They did mention zbriol and lauzon......
    Its fair though, we started talking about Giordano, Klefbom and Darnell nurse. While prospects could be dealt for them, from a logical standpoint teams would probably want a roster player back to match salaries. So we did get a little off the topic.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Its fair though, we started talking about Giordano, Klefbom and Darnell nurse. While prospects could be dealt for them, from a logical standpoint teams would probably want a roster player back to match salaries. So we did get a little off the topic.
    But there is nobody on the roster that we are willing to trade for them....offence was our problem and we have the prospects on d. To fill the gap.

Next year is still a building year, the front office said last year we are two years away from being a contender. Theu jumped ahead a bit to give some guys experience in the playoffs and thats great for the young group

But Lauzon and Zbroil need to be last years debrusk if we want to succeed. They need there time to play and give chara his needed rest. Teams will go after him in the playoffs and he will wear down like he did this time.
    Unleash the Pasta!

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051