Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    IDK, I think I rather just see what we have in Vaak, Lazuon and Zboril. Now if we were talking OEL or Klefbom, I'd be more interested.
    Yeah and ultimately, I think that's what the Bruins will end up doing. Carolina will probably overvalue these players. Don't forget though - they said that they need a culture change in there. What better way to do it than to trade the captain?

If OEL or Klefbom become available, they need to explore that too. We need another top 4 guy for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Stay away from Faulk, poor man Torey krug with half the offense and WAY worse defense(and you guys all know how I feel about TK's defense, so its saying A LOT). Plus that $4.8m should be enough cause for concern to keep him out.
    He's playing for a horrible system and a horrible team. A lot of that could change if he has a change of scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    No chance Slavin would be available. I think, as Shaiza said, Hanifin is the most realistic target

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually, I don't think either targets are realistic. Carolina will make some moves, but I'm not sure if it will involve those two. If they do make them available, we should definitely explore it.

Haters gonna hate

I just think Faulk is a big reason why they arent a good team, he gets big minutes, and for 4 straight years has been among the 3 worst players in plus/minus. I'm not a fan of plus/minus in short sample sizes, but this is a 4 year window now. 4 years is a solid enough time frame to pass judgement.

Does Carolina being a bad team negatively impact him numbers. Absolutely. I just dont see a need for him on our team as a RHD. He has a 'similar' play style to Krug and Gryz, and he would end up having to be paired with one of those two players. No offense to Krug or Gryz, but they need a more defensive minded partner to go along with them. At worst they need a partner who is a two way defender.

Also worth noting, 19 of faulks 31 points last season came on the power play. With Krug and McAvoy slotted in as the first and 2nd Power Play defenders, that would take away from the one thing Faulk really excels at.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

I really donít think Faulk is as bad as you think he is defensively. Youíre making him out to be jake Gardiner lol

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

I really donít think Faulk is as bad as you think he is defensively. Youíre making him out to be jake Gardiner lol

I think you would be surprised, both are absolute liabilities in their own end. Gardiner is a turnover machine, but Faulks defensive positioning is incredibly bad. I want neither on my team and faulk is better, but really not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    I think you would be surprised, both are absolute liabilities in their own end. Gardiner is a turnover machine, but Faulks defensive positioning is incredibly bad. I want neither on my team and faulk is better, but really not by much.
    Yeah, really makes me think youíre just looking at the ďadvanced statsĒ here. The eye test has told me that Faulk is pretty good . I think the stats are way too skewed by a god awful team

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Yeah, really makes me think youíre just looking at the ďadvanced statsĒ here. The eye test has told me that Faulk is pretty good . I think the stats are way too skewed by a god awful team

My job relocated me to charlotte north carolina 2 years ago. Seen plenty of him on TV the past two seasons and he is definitely a major reason why this team is in the position they are. I havent referenced a single advanced stat for him so far. Everything has been based of the eyes test and believe me he is terrible in his own zone.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ho...gles-continue/

http://canesandcoffee.com/daily-cup-...nes-blue-line/

https://cardiaccane.com/2018/03/21/c...-faulk-traded/

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/n...190736939.html

first page of google when you type in 'justin faulk defense', is 4 links on the first page of mentioning how Faulk is not good in his own zone. Two of the articles even using the words 'horrid' and 'liability'. Sentiment around this fan base is that he is a good offensive guy and good on the PP, but terrible in his own zone. Considering the Bruins already have Krug and McAvoy to man the PP, there really isnt a need for him here.

hey guys whats your thoughts on Wiley Sherman?
    Unleash the Pasta!

Wiley Sherman needs ice time in Providence.Sure his size is very interesting but he is a prospect that is very raw.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangclock View Post
    Wiley Sherman needs ice time in Providence.Sure his size is very interesting but he is a prospect that is very raw.
    Does he use his size?
    Is he a good skater?
    Does he enjoy hitting?
    Leadership qualities?
    Does he have a booming shot?
    Hows his passing ability?

I like the size im just hoping he is soo much more than that
    Unleash the Pasta!

If Wiley Sherman makes it to the NHL, it will be in a bottom pairing role. From what Iíve read, one thing I see I s that he actually does move well for a player his size. The rest of those things would have to be answered by someone who watched Harvard regularly.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Sherman probably doesnít get enough credit for his ability to make an effective first pass and he has exhibited an absolute smoke show of a shot from the point, which is not surprising when you consider the kind of power heís able to generate with his gigantic frame. Offense wonít likely be Shermanís strong suit if he reaches the NHL, but heís got potential to chip in with some points when needed. Heís an excellent athlete who also starred in lacrosse while at Hotchkiss and his brother, George, was a college LAX player at Brown as well.
    This was from Kirk back in 2016 on Sherman. Donato was quoted saying that Wiley is a great guy on and off the ice. Also mentions that heís not a big hitter but has added some sand paper to his game.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    This was from Kirk back in 2016 on Sherman. Donato was quoted saying that Wiley is a great guy on and off the ice. Also mentions that heís not a big hitter but has added some sand paper to his game.
    So he's like a taller/less physical McQuaid, but a better skaters and puck mover.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    So he's like a taller/less physical McQuaid, but a better skaters and puck mover.
    Id be good with that

Wonder if you ask chara if he retires next year to start working with the d as a coach. A guy like him can really help the big man and show the kids how to work out
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Id be good with that

Wonder if you ask chara if he retires next year to start working with the d as a coach. A guy like him can really help the big man and show the kids how to work out
    Its funny but I could see Chara staying in the organization in some capacity. Would love to see him as a coach or GM type role. As much as people talk about giving the "C" to Bergy, it'll be very hard to replace Chara's leadership and that's why I hope he stays on and can still be that familiar voice.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast