Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    I know it can be annoying to have fans ask you what you want for your players.

But Tulo is appealing to a few teams, and for the Cardinals in particular, we need just one position to be improved to be back in the World Series, and that is shortstop. So landing the best SS in the game, would be a huge help.

How do you individiual Rockies fans feel about an offer like this:

Shelby Miller
    Matt Adams
    Tim Cooney (heading to AAA, was drafted just two years, good lefty, will be a top 100 spec in next seasons pre-season rankings - or at least fringe)
    + a PTBNL (40th man range, like a Ryan Jackson type player)

We pay all of Tulo's contract and take just Tulo.

You save 16 million next season, and 20 million from there on out

You get 5 years of Adams, 5 years of Miller, and 6 years of Cooney who should be able to make a call-up late 2014, or early 2015.

What would you guys want if you were the one trading Tulo and you had the current Rockies roster?

I know there is a lot of hesitation in moving a franchise player.

Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    We just re-signed Weiss to a 3 year extension, the owners know the fans will come regardless of the product. Do not trade Tulo or Cargo, 90% of the time a prospect turns out to be crap!!
    Tulo wouldn't get you guys just random A ball prospects.

You can ask and receive guys in the big leagues with established success with a ton of years of team control for league min and arb amounts (guys like Shelby Miller, Matt Adams, Wil Myers, type of players - just naming the kinds of players you can have).

Quote Originally Posted by denverfan66 View Post
    Read that Texas could be interested in Cuddy if he becomes available. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but if they offered Profar/Martin (top OF prospect, actually doing better than Profar in the Majors) and a pitching prospect, I might do it.
    Sorry to say, but there is zero chance you get those caliber of players for Cuddyer.

You would probably get the Rangers 10th best spec for Cuddyer at this point, even with Cuddyer's good year, he hit in Coors (I realize he had good road numbers too) along with his age, and only one year of him, aren't going to net the Rockies much of anything for him.

He is owed 10.5 million next season. He is projected to produce 2 wins next year (like he did in 2013). That's basically what you would pay a free agent to produce, and there isn't a lack of RF/1B to be found on the open market.

Why would a team give up a top prospect/MLB ready talent for that when they could just sign Morales to the same deal for multiple years and just give up a draft pick? Or to Cruz?

No way you get the top SS prospect in baseball for an aging first basemen with a one year contract

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I know it can be annoying to have fans ask you what you want for your players.

But Tulo is appealing to a few teams, and for the Cardinals in particular, we need just one position to be improved to be back in the World Series, and that is shortstop. So landing the best SS in the game, would be a huge help.

How do you individiual Rockies fans feel about an offer like this:

Shelby Miller
    Matt Adams
    Tim Cooney (heading to AAA, was drafted just two years, good lefty, will be a top 100 spec in next seasons pre-season rankings - or at least fringe)
    + a PTBNL (40th man range, like a Ryan Jackson type player)

We pay all of Tulo's contract and take just Tulo.

You save 16 million next season, and 20 million from there on out

You get 5 years of Adams, 5 years of Miller, and 6 years of Cooney who should be able to make a call-up late 2014, or early 2015.

What would you guys want if you were the one trading Tulo and you had the current Rockies roster?

I know there is a lot of hesitation in moving a franchise player.
    You're really cheaping out or hiding from Ken Rosenthals "swallow hard" comment about including Allen Craig as a MAJOR part of a Tulo trade.. Let's revisit"

Cards get Tulo and cash
    Rockies get Allen Craig, Shelby Miller, Trevor Rosenthal and PTBNL..

Your trade lets the Cardinals pick up the entire contract burden while replacing Rosenthal and Craig with their backups, Adams and Cooney.. This for some cash?. sounds like you're proposing that instead of two ML All Stars, the Rockies are going to get a fecal covering on the termination of a wooden structure typically used as a canine toy...

Swallow hard.. to get Tulo, it's gonna cost ya.. lol..

Tulos going to demand a kings ransom because not only is he the best SS in baseball but the whole organization will get major backlash from the fanbase and will want to be recompensed for that. The rockies FO is getting the reputation of trading away all their stars and it is really hurting their reputation.

That being said Craig, Miller, Rosenthal and a PTBNL would get it done for me

Miller, Adams, Rosenthal, PTBNL and taking all of Tulos contract would also get it done for me

Quote Originally Posted by IgglesFanInCO View Post
    Tulos going to demand a kings ransom because not only is he the best SS in baseball but the whole organization will get major backlash from the fanbase and will want to be recompensed for that. The rockies FO is getting the reputation of trading away all their stars and it is really hurting their reputation.

That being said Craig, Miller, Rosenthal and a PTBNL would get it done for me

Miller, Adams, Rosenthal, PTBNL and taking all of Tulos contract would also get it done for me
    Negative front office reputations have a tendency to fade (with a vocal minority kicking, screaming & yelling) when the team puts up W's and contends. With the Ken Rosenthal trade proposal, the Jeffy replacement proposal or even your mix & match ( Trevor Rosenthal instead of Tim Cooney, Tulo's entire contract) trades suggestion, the Rockies will be much closer to competing with the Dodgers and NL West. The Cardinals will have theee best squad, by far, in the NL..

The question becomes.. which deal makes the Rockies/Cardinals happiest?.

No way the Cardinals would do Rosenthall's suggestion, which is mocked all over the internet every where.

Craig is extended, they would keep him over Adams easily. Not that I would rather have Craig necessarily, it's that we have already extended him.

If I'm the Rockies though, I do ask for two of Rosenthall/Martinez/Wacha/Miller

And Miller/Rosenthall is the best combo IMO.

My offer would be Piscotty/Adams/Miller. Something like that....Piscotty/Cooney etc has to complete it. I'm cool if it doesn't, the Cardinals can go on from Tulo to guys like Profar/Aybar/Lowrie etc.

But I'm not Moz trying to make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    No way the Cardinals would do Rosenthall's suggestion, which is mocked all over the internet every where.

Craig is extended, they would keep him over Adams easily. Not that I would rather have Craig necessarily, it's that we have already extended him.

If I'm the Rockies though, I do ask for two of Rosenthall/Martinez/Wacha/Miller

And Miller/Rosenthall is the best combo IMO.

My offer would be Piscotty/Adams/Miller. Something like that....Piscotty/Cooney etc has to complete it. I'm cool if it doesn't, the Cardinals can go on from Tulo to guys like Profar/Aybar/Lowrie etc.

But I'm not Moz trying to make this happen.
    Collectivism on the Internet doesn't sway the people in charge, one way or the other.. If an argument uses collectivism as the reason for an opinion or act, then it has to be a pretty weak argument to being with...

Being extended is an advantage to the both clubs involved in a deal as it provides firm costs going forward. Being extended isn't an advantage exclusive to one or the other club..

Miller / Wacha would be the best combo..and that's a deal that will never gonna happen with the Cardinals..

Piscotty instead of Cooney and PTBNL, now..hmm.. further erosion of the primary need of the Rockies if this deal was to come to pass: Starting Pitching..

As I stated in an earlier posting, the position Mozielak has put the Cardinals in is quite good. If Moz makes a deal where he acquires the best SS in the game, then the Cardinals win.. If Moz uses the imminent threat of making a deal with the Rockies in lieu of deal with the Rangers to lower the asking price, the Cardinals win.. If Moz rejects both deals and keeps the guys that he has, the Cardinals don't lose.. So, it's either win or don't lose as the outcome.. Not a bad situation..

Apparently we are signing the 41 year old LaTroy Hawkins to steal the closing role from Brothers

not too bad a signing, but I'm upset that the Rockies intentions are to have Rex set him up.

another year another offseason that passes by while we just pick up the scraps no one wants

I'm sure most heard by now that Fowler got traded to the Astros for Jordan Lyles and Brandon Barnes. Appears to be a salary dump. Dick Monfort is truly a cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    I'm sure most heard by now that Fowler got traded to the Astros for Jordan Lyles and Brandon Barnes. Appears to be a salary dump. Dick Monfort is truly a cancer.
    Ill take Morneau over Fowler

I so wish we had different owners this sucks!!

Definite salary dump. Ditch Fowler for not much return, get Morneau (actually like the signing)..... and LaTroy Hawkins.

Monforts make enough happen to make news, meanwhile not caring about winning or improving the team.
    Time for some hootenanny.

Salary dump like that only makes sense if you sign someone making more than 6.5 mil

worst offseason in a while so far, and thats saying something. I kinda wish our fans werent so phenomenal in their support of the team even when its bad so that the FO would actually make a ****ing effort to improve the team

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast