Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Rockies News, Rumors and Trades

Here we can post any sort of in season news and roster moves.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...medium=twitter
    The Mariners added rotation depth today, offically acquiring veteran Aaron Harang and cash from the Rockies for minor league reliever Steven Hensley. The Mariners also announced they've designated Kameron Loe for assignment to open a 40-man roster spot for Harang.

The Rockies acquired Harang and $4.25MM from the Dodgers for catcher Ramon Hernandez last week, and then immediately designated Harang for assignment. Harang earns $7MM this year and has a $2MM buyout after the season, and the Rockies will send money to the Mariners to cover most of that. The Rockies will save more than $2MM with the series of trades, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.

I'd like to get some pitching help. Maybe Bob abadaca leaving was the key

What's it going to take for the Rox to call up Nolan Arenado?

I'm not sure. There's a consensus that seems to think it was a business move more than anything and somewhere in June is where they think he'll be called up. I'm not 100% exactly why though. Perhaps someone else could expand or explain a little further. To Nelson's credit, he has been playing pretty solid. I'd love to see Arenado in this lineup as well, however. I'm still a little skeptical about the offense being this good, but adding Arenado into would potentially make this offense that much more lethal.

I know it's prob a dream but man I would love the Rox acquiring David Price

I'm hoping with Nelson struggling they call up Arenado sooner rather than later. Kid can rake.

“Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

Cardinals need a shortstop worse than they need anything else.

Trying to be objective, is there anything that would cause Rockies fans to lean toward wanting to trade Tulo?

As a Cardinals fan, I think we could offer something like Adams or Freese + Martinez or Wacha + Jenkins or Piscotty + Jackson or Kozma for Tulo and cash.

Tulo is owed a substantial amount of money. And you don't really have a replacement for the best shortstop in the game. But that offer includes a top 10 pitching prospect in the game, either a power hitting third basemen or a power hitting first basemen (1B has more years of control but is limited to first, where the third basemen has less years of control but can play third). a replacement shortstop that is owned for 6 years, but is a light hitting shortstop that could never dream to replace Tulo's production, and another pitching prospect that is about two years away, or a third base offensive power, fringe top 100 prospect who is several years away prospect.

That's what I through together, but I don't know what the Rockies needs are. The return is a little limited because of the money owed to Tulo and his injury history. But he is still the best player at his position, and would hit well outside of Coors. But he is also a franchise cornerstone, and it might be difficult to justify moving him.

Cardinals (or at least the fans) would be interested in hearing what you think it would take.

No way do the Rox trade Tulo...no way. He's an icon for the franchise. Would be a nice haul for any team to get a couple of those guys, but I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Cardinals need a shortstop worse than they need anything else.

Trying to be objective, is there anything that would cause Rockies fans to lean toward wanting to trade Tulo?

As a Cardinals fan, I think we could offer something like Adams or Freese + Martinez or Wacha + Jenkins or Piscotty + Jackson or Kozma for Tulo and cash.

Tulo is owed a substantial amount of money. And you don't really have a replacement for the best shortstop in the game. But that offer includes a top 10 pitching prospect in the game, either a power hitting third basemen or a power hitting first basemen (1B has more years of control but is limited to first, where the third basemen has less years of control but can play third). a replacement shortstop that is owned for 6 years, but is a light hitting shortstop that could never dream to replace Tulo's production, and another pitching prospect that is about two years away, or a third base offensive power, fringe top 100 prospect who is several years away prospect.

That's what I through together, but I don't know what the Rockies needs are. The return is a little limited because of the money owed to Tulo and his injury history. But he is still the best player at his position, and would hit well outside of Coors. But he is also a franchise cornerstone, and it might be difficult to justify moving him.

Cardinals (or at least the fans) would be interested in hearing what you think it would take.
    I think Cargo gets traded before Tulo. I don't see Tulo ever leaving the Rockies organization. He is the icon and the face any franchise would love to have. If he would stay healthy he is probably a top 3 position player in the NL.

Cargo won't demand the prospects Tulo will, but damn that trade would be nice.
    Last edited by tp13baby; 05-30-2013 at 07:39 PM.

I certainly think both of those are fair offers. I would be quite shocked to see Tulo moved. The only circumstance I could see it happening is if he made a trade request. To echo what the others have said, he's the big Rockie. The organization under this ownership has been very hesitant to move their big guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    I certainly think both of those are fair offers. I would be quite shocked to see Tulo moved. The only circumstance I could see it happening is if he made a trade request. To echo what the others have said, he's the big Rockie. The organization under this ownership has been very hesitant to move their big guy.
    And I would be extremely surprised if he would want out cause the Rockie bleeds purple. When all the Rockies were asked where they want to play due to tradition and location. Tulo was the one who said Colorado. I just think he loves Denver. I think when its set and done he will be the best Rockie of all time.

Yeah. I'm not suggesting that they should, or even would trade Tulo.

He is the best shortstop in baseball, and will be loved there like Helton for the rest of his career. And I could see him staying.

But his best trade value is probably now. Once he gets deeper into this contract, it's going to be harder to move him if the organization ever intends to move him.

Not that they ever should. I prefer when a player remains with the same team, and you have already worked out the financials.

only person id like to move is cuddy, I think its time to sell high on him, my gut says he may not get this good next season.... he nice, but i think rockies need a solid pitcher. I think Cubs were looking to unload Garza, or go for a struggling wade miley, he could turn it around. buy low. i just think we should be looking to beef up are rotation before playoffs. its key

-PSD's Offseason Chargers GM-

Quote Originally Posted by Denver-boy View Post
    only person id like to move is cuddy, I think its time to sell high on him, my gut says he may not get this good next season.... he nice, but i think rockies need a solid pitcher. I think Cubs were looking to unload Garza, or go for a struggling wade miley, he could turn it around. buy low. i just think we should be looking to beef up are rotation before playoffs. its key
    Im extremely against moving Cuddy cause I don't think Rosario, Helton or Arenado could provide the protection to Tulo that Cuddy does.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast