Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 168
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,099

    ESPN ranks Harden above 'melo

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/91...8-james-harden

    as a Rockets fan, of course i agree. what does everyone else think?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,241

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    33,881
    ESPN has been way off on every single prediction regarding Knicks and/or Melo this year, so this is no surprise.

    I like Harden and really have him and Melo neck and neck, so I'm not mad if anyone thinks Harden is better, he very well could be. Blake Griffin is a complete travesty though, Melo at #17 before this season was a complete joke and this just makes me laugh:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/preview2012/s...ision-champion

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,381
    This year they got it right with one glaring flaw. They have Kyrie at 12 ahead of a couple better all around players including Griffin and Marc Gasol. Kyrie is a pure scorer on a terrible team with the green light and an uptempo system. Sure he's going to be a superstar here shortly but RIGHT NOW he's not even close to the top 10. More like 15-20.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,381
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    ESPN has been way off on every single prediction regarding Knicks and/or Melo this year, so this is no surprise.

    I like Harden and really have him and Melo neck and neck, so I'm not mad if anyone thinks Harden is better, he very well could be. Blake Griffin is a complete travesty though, Melo at #17 before this season was a complete joke and this just makes me laugh:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/preview2012/s...ision-champion
    I hope you're not saying Griffin at 13 or 14 is a problem. If anything he should be 1-2 spots higher. PER 36 numbers of 21/10/4 with significantly improved defense, jumper, post game and free throw shooting. Great all around efficiency. Surprised reduced minutes+shots confuses so many people .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    33,881
    Wade should not be #6 thats for sure.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    33,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    I hope you're not saying Griffin at 13 or 14 is a problem. If anything he should be 1-2 spots higher. PER 36 numbers of 21/10/4 with significantly improved defense, jumper, post game and free throw shooting. Great all around efficiency. Surprised reduced minutes+shots confuses so many people .
    I said that before I read the article. Last year ESPN ranked Griffin > Melo everywhere, and even like a week ago they had a Griffin vs Melo article out.

    I wasn't even looking at his numbers, Griffin has nice stats but he can't carry a team like Melo can. If he doesn't have a prime PG and hes the focus of the defense he doesn't have much game and hes not taking you very far. He has too many deficiencies in his skillset.

    Put the efficiency stats down and you think Griffin has JR Smith, Felton and Chandler winning 50-55 games?
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 04-09-2013 at 07:41 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    45,608
    Melo vs Blake is a better comparison than Harden vs Melo.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    8,267
    Water is wet.


    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    8,267
    Melo being ranked 17th last year was his own fault.


    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    33,518
    Really tough to choose from. I think I'll go Melo now, but Harden long term.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,381
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I said that before I read the article. Last year ESPN ranked Griffin > Melo everywhere, and even like a week ago they had a Griffin vs Melo article out.

    Griffin has nice stats but he can't carry a team like Melo can. If he doesn't have a prime PG and hes the focus of the defense he doesn't have much game and hes not taking you very far. He has too many deficiencies in his skillset.
    I'm not saying Melo vs Griffin. I'm saying Kyrie Irving ranking 12 ahead of a few better all around players is ********. I know it's a bit of a tangent no doubt but I was critiquing the list in general. For Melo vs Griffin... I think in general in terms of skills+production it's debatable because Griffin's a better rebounder, passer and defender. That being said Melo scores a whopping 10+ ppg more and has proven he can lead a team deep in the playoffs as the first option which is invaluable.

    So in other words.. Melo>Griffin this year but going forward I'd take Griffin no question.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,381
    Also Melo>Harden. Melo's clearly a better scorer despite shooting significantly less free throws. He's also a better rebounder and defender than Harden who's arguably the worst defensive star in the entire league. Harden's only advantages are efficiency and passing. Give me scoring, rebounding and defense from my wing player.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,166
    Harding over Melo? THIS season? They done lost they damn mind!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    8,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Also Melo>Harden. Melo's clearly a better scorer despite shooting significantly less free throws. He's also a better rebounder and defender than Harden who's arguably the worst defensive star in the entire league. Harden's only advantages are efficiency and passing. Give me scoring, rebounding and defense from my wing player.
    Neither are great defenders, while Harden is the better overall offensive player. Harden has also been more durable, is playing with overall lesser talent and fits better in a team concept of basketball due to his distribution and off ball skills.


    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •