Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

What was your guys GPA and what colleges did you get accepted into?

Also can someone answer this. How is it possible to have a 4.5 GPA? That means you would have to be taking AP Classes since your freshmen year which would cover your electives. And like you have to take GYM and there isn't AP Gym so I'm a bit confused with that.

But back on track. Right now I have a 2.5 gpa yeah yeah not so good. I'm finishing my sophomore year of high school and my GPA will probably be like a 2.6/2.7 at the end of this semester.

And since you start applying for colleges after your junior year I really want to know what GPA you guys got and which colleges were you accepted into. I'm going to try real hard to get it up to a 3.0

hmm...back in the 80's, i graduated (from a college prep Catholic High School) with a 3.2 total. Only took the ACT once (got a 16) and got into Ohio State. That would not happen anymore since OSU is like a private school now

I didn't do too well in high school but I had a 3.4 in my undergrad program and a perfect 4.0 in my graduate program.
    I went to Embry Riddle Aeronautical University University for both my undergrad and grad.

WPI/Northeastern/Umass Amherst

Some schools run on a 5.0 gpa. Mine did.

You can have a GPA as high as a 5.0. However, all of your classes have to be Advanced Placement (or Honors). An "A" in an A.P. class is 5 points, "B" is 4, "C" is 3, etc...

EDIT: Colleges don't give a **** about your Freshmen year grades.
    Last edited by YouCan'tBeatLA; 04-08-2013 at 09:44 PM.

I had (have) a 2.7 gpa in high school. I did my best Junior/Senior year though getting higher then a 3 gpa both years. Im going to Ohio University in the Fall.

Didn't apply to a university when I was in HS. I took the CC route and spent the first year and a half to 2 years doing nothing. Ended up having a sub-2.0 GPA in CC until I switched to nursing/pre med route. Finished my CC career with an overall 3.4-3.5 GPA and 3.7 in all my sciences. How did I pull it off? I really don't know. It was quite easy though, I just focused on school. Haha. I've really been capable of getting good grades, but keeping my drive to do well is not so good until I found my calling on pre-med. I just applied to all California State Universities with Nursing program, big mistake. Should have applied to all UCs as well. Not to be cocky, but I got accepted to all universities I applied to, but very few to the nursing programs. Nursing have a separate applications and have an entrance exam. Met all requirements, but nursing programs are just too competitive.

My GPA was in the low 4's in high school (maybe a 4.1? 4.2?) I got accepted to my state schools, Tufts (where I spent my first year), Emory and a few other places on that level, rejected by Columbia, NYU and UCLA/Berkeley. I think I took 8 AP classes in high school total. One as a sophomore, three as a junior, four as a senior. Generally I did pretty well, I think what killed me was a low math level (always my kryptonite) and math SAT score, and my ECA's were good but unspectacular. I think what's important is having something that sets you apart. Something that you can offer that most other applicants can't.
    POOP

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    My GPA was in the low 4's in high school (maybe a 4.1? 4.2?) I got accepted to my state schools, Tufts (where I spent my first year), Emory and a few other places on that level, rejected by Columbia, NYU and UCLA/Berkeley. I think I took 8 AP classes in high school total. One as a sophomore, three as a junior, four as a senior. Generally I did pretty well, I think what killed me was a low math level (always my kryptonite) and math SAT score, and my ECA's were good but unspectacular. I think what's important is having something that sets you apart. Something that you can offer that most other applicants can't.
    The SAT/ACT score is what can set you apart. If you get a high score, it "amplifies" your GPA if you know what I mean.

Also, if you don't get a certain grade on your AP test, some schools may not accept the AP credit which may be why you weren't accepted into the schools you listed.

Like you said, you need something to separate yourself. For instance, I've always been really good at math and science, so I went into an engineering major. Schools saw my abilities in that area and accepted me. I had a 4.2 just like you and am transferring to UCLA (I'm at Arizona right now).

A lot of things go into being accepted, but so many "normal" kids get rejected.

1.2. Went to a community college. Now at a small university in Chicago
    Trill Team
    Buckwheat-jpro611-Me-haggis-cheaptrikz-shammyguy3-Ezio-Cub_StuckinSTL-HOWE do i do it-ugafan-hugepatsfan-Fly-Raps08-09 Champ-Mane-humblehotgenius

I wanna say when I graduated I had a 3.8? No idea what my SAT's were, but if I guess I would say they were around 1200. Or something close to that. I only applied to 3 schools and got into them all. (Michigan, Michagan St., and USC). However, I ended up not going to any of them as I was an idiot when I was 18. So I decided to go to the local JC so I could still party with my friends and play football with them. Then I eventually left there to go to CSU Fullerton where I earned 2 bachelors. Then I did my postgrad at UC Irvine.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    I wanna say when I graduated I had a 3.8? No idea what my SAT's were, but if I guess I would say they were around 1200. Or something close to that. I only applied to 3 schools and got into them all. (Michigan, Michagan St., and USC). However, I ended up not going to any of them as I was an idiot when I was 18. So I decided to go to the local JC so I could still party with my friends and play football with them. Then I eventually left there to go to CSU Fullerton where I earned 2 bachelors. Then I did my postgrad at UC Irvine.
    1200? Are you sure it wasn't 2200? Because there is no way USC would accept you with a SAT score that low.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675:25858140
    Do I know you? Hahaha. Any chance you majored on education and biology? Haha

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast