Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Adrian Wilson would be a good sign. Not sure he's a full time player though so Tavon Wilson would have to progress otherwise SS could still be an issue.

It would be awesome to add Abraham. Awesome. I think he'd be a real presence off the edge in a limited role himself. But more importantly, him being able to take on that role will let Jones and Ninkovich have their snaps scaled back. That will make them more effective on the snaps they do get. Always great to have DEs to rotate.

Still very important to fix the CB spot though. The market for Talib has to be low enough at this point where the Pats can afford it. Very important for them to get that deal done IMO.
    Well for all these people who thought Reed could be a starter here, I don't see why Adrian Wilson can't. For one, Wilson was better than Reed last year (which is why I'd much rather sign him than Reed). Better in pass coverage while neither was that great against the run.

Obviously I think we all hope Tavon Wilson can be the safety of the future but I think Adrian is still a capable player. Zona had an excellent pass defense last year and I assume he was part of the reason for that
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

The frustrating thing with Dowling is that if he could stay healthy I think he could be a serious addition to the secondary. The problem is that you just can't count on him for anything. You pretty much have to approach FA like he doesn't exist, which is a shame because he could really be something IMO.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    Well for all these people who thought Reed could be a starter here, I don't see why Adrian Wilson can't. For one, Wilson was better than Reed last year (which is why I'd much rather sign him than Reed). Better in pass coverage while neither was that great against the run.

Obviously I think we all hope Tavon Wilson can be the safety of the future but I think Adrian is still a capable player. Zona had an excellent pass defense last year and I assume he was part of the reason for that
    Yeah I think I like him better than Reed as a player. He fits better with McCourty. Reed I like more for the mental aspect of the game. I think everyone else on the defense would be better for having Reed in team meetings and calling out signals on the field. Tough to quantify the value of that though, so it's tricky for me to judge what I'd pay him.

Another thing I like:

One thing that isn’t a concern with Wilson is his durability, though. Wilson has played in all 16 games in eight of his 12 seasons and has only missed 11 games total during the course of his career.
    http://nesn.com/2013/03/adrian-wilso...-to-secondary/

I know that doesn't seem like a big deal but we've had a lot of problems with players in our secondary staying healthy over the years. Having a durable guy in the secondary is certainly a good thing.

Yeah I think I like him better than Reed as a player. He fits better with McCourty. Reed I like more for the mental aspect of the game. I think everyone else on the defense would be better for having Reed in team meetings and calling out signals on the field. Tough to quantify the value of that though, so it's tricky for me to judge what I'd pay him.
    Wilson's an all-pro vet. Not in Reed's class but I'm sure he's a smart guy. I think he'd bring that same aspect that Reed brings (maybe not to the same degree) but with better on field ability

Adrian Wilson in his prime was always one of my favorite Madden players. I always did fantasy drafts and he was usually my SS.

Adrian Wilson in his prime was always one of my favorite Madden players. I always did fantasy drafts and he was usually my SS.
    I would usally trade for him

PAPI SMASH!

How tall is he???

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

6'3"

That's another positive.

Abraham is interesting. Always has a knack for getting sacks, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up as Haynesworth 2.0, he's been noted for his laziness. I'd take him.

Wilson, meh. Only for cheap money to replace Gregory. I feel like his coverage numbers were only good because he was around a good DB core coached up by Horton. PP/Rhodes defiantly were a big help.

6'3"

That's another positive.

the reason i LOVE Seattle's DB's...i love tall defensive backs.

Sherman: 6'3''
    Browner: 6'4"
    Chancellor: 6'3"

i'd love a tall DB back there for NE

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

another thing i like about Abraham, 6 forced fumbles. That is tied for 3rd in the NFL.

PAPI SMASH!

Adrian Wilson, Talib, and Grimes
    The name is Amendola....

...Danny Amendola

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    Another thing I like:

http://nesn.com/2013/03/adrian-wilso...-to-secondary/

I know that doesn't seem like a big deal but we've had a lot of problems with players in our secondary staying healthy over the years. Having a durable guy in the secondary is certainly a good thing.
    Durability and secondary... together?
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Abraham is interesting. Always has a knack for getting sacks, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up as Haynesworth 2.0, he's been noted for his laziness. I'd take him.

Wilson, meh. Only for cheap money to replace Gregory. I feel like his coverage numbers were only good because he was around a good DB core coached up by Horton. PP/Rhodes defiantly were a big help.
    Well, PFF's gradings seemed to like him in the pass game too (though his run grade is a different story but we have LBs who are great against the run as well as McCourty).

Overall: -2.4
    Run Defense: -6.0
    Pass Rush: 1.3
    Pass Coverage: 2.6
    Penalty:-0.3

Granted, I normally don't put much stock in their gradings and usually look at only their stats. However, they do watch every single play of every game.

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast