Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heat?

Angry Heat?

So, I'm curious how do other Lakers fans view championships? Do you feel there is an asterisk next to the five won in Minneapolis?

no, it was still the lakers franchise.

If I was a Lakers fan, I wouldn't count them. It didn't happen in my city, and I wasn't around to see it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zo View Post
    If I was a Lakers fan, I wouldn't count them. It didn't happen in my city, and I wasn't around to see it anyway.
    what if you were a fan of them before they moved to LA?

or you enjoyed the history of the team?

MIA won it fair and square last year, shortened season or not nothing would have stopped them from becoming a top seed.

They (lakers) were still the same franchise.

Why does the title say "Heat?" when it's about Lakers? Trolling much?

teams are based by franchise not by location. the lakers won 5 ships in minneapolis then they relocated so they still own those. what do you want to do? give those championship to the timberwolves?

just a hypothetical question. if the heat relocate in 2030 it means that there 2012 championship should not count in theire franchise championship history?
    NBA SIM LEAGUE GM

Los Angeles Lakers
    1995-1996: 51-31
    1996-1997: 51-31

Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    what if you were a fan of them before they moved to LA?

or you enjoyed the history of the team?
    I wouldn't root for a team that's not from my city (unless my city didn't have a team). Maybe if I lived in LA and was a fan of the Minneapolis Lakers before, I would count them.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    I think the T-Wolves should have banners for those championships in their building ;-)
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

wtf is up with the title...smh

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

I wouldn't root for a team that's not from my city (unless my city didn't have a team). Maybe if I lived in LA and was a fan of the Minneapolis Lakers before, I would count them.
    okay. you might not count them but the franchise does. and really, at the end of the day - do you think it really matters? its always gonna stick with the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    okay. you might not count them but the franchise does. and really, at the end of the day - do you think it really matters? its always gonna stick with the franchise.
    I'm just saying it's not something I would brag about. If my city receives a team that has won championships, I wouldn't gloat about it and be like: "Yeah, our team has won X amount of championships, and yours hasn't, or has only won blah blah blah amount."

Yes they count it has always been the lakers brand who has won them so yes

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

So the thunder have championships ?

And if seattle gets a team do they strip the thunder titles since it happen in seattle ?

No asterisk in my book. As an army brat during my elementary school years in Europe, I basically saw a handful of NBA teams on Armed Forces Television. Magic and co. was the team that I picked as my favorites. So, I'm a Lakers fan not an L.A. Lakers fan. I'm a Bears fan and not a Chicago Bears fan as well (although I was fortunate enough to live there in high school).

It's not regional for someone like me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast