Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Despite his efficiency this year, was LeBron of 09-10 better than this year?

29.7 PPG, 8.6 APG, 7.3 RPG, 1.6 STL, 1.0 BLK, 50.3% FG (09-10)

vs.

27.2 PPG, 7.0 APG, 8.1 RPG, 1.7 STL, 0.8 BLK, 56.5% FG (12-13)

In the end, I'd say about equal. LeBron's taken his game to a new level of efficiency this year, but his ability to get role players involved on the Cavs was remarkable. I don't think LeBron's that much better this year than he was then, as the media would make you think. I mean he did do this back then, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyd4NPvzKQg

It's a mystery why the Heat w/LeBron, an obviously much better team, doesn't win as much in the regular season as the Cavs did with LeBron. I mean they won 66 games one year with him and 61 in 09-10. But nonetheless, if the Heat were really motivated, maybe they could go start to finish and win 70 in one year.

He's better this year.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

This season obviously, unless you want to just disregard his efficiency all together, but then what's the point?

I don't think it's a laughable notion at all, but I don't think it's true.

His responsibilities are slightly different now than they were then, so it's a slightly different type of dominance than anything he did in Cleveland.

Only season that he's had that's comparable is his 09 season imo. If he can actually win a chip this season in a dominating fashion, maybe those MJ comparisons won't be so laughable anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

His 09 season was better in many ways compared to his 10 season.

It's just worth being aware of the fact that his USG% is the lowest it's been since his 2nd season and his FGA per game is the lowest in his entire career. He's in a totally different situation now than when he was in Cleveland. It's hard to compare Miami-LeBron to Cleveland-LeBron. Not impossible, but they certainly aren't the same.

That 08-09 season very well could have been better. And even if it's not, it's not laughable.

Regardless I preferred 08-09 Lebron, he was more exciting imo. Not his fault just diff circumstances now

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

Of course not. If you take out his efficiency then I guess he was better back then. But he's shooting 57% from the field and 42% from behind the arc which is almost unheard of from a 3/4 who is also averaging like 8 rebounds and 7 assists in a tough competitive era like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Inside Hoops member, 2009
    If your team picks him in the top 10, the GM should be fired. Every year there are comparable talents to Steph who go undrafted. He is not worth a first round pick, let alone a lottery pick.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    His percentages are just SO much better that it's not even a contest in my eyes.

As for "getting role players involved", while I do not think that LBJ is the ball-hog that Kobe is, and that he does make an effort to get players involved, I do not think that he "makes players better". He does not do for these guys the things that Magic and bird did for the players around them, or the things that Nash and Duncan did for the players around them. I know there will be LBJ fans that jump down my back and think I'm on crack, but he simply does not make the players around him better. Most of the players he played with put up better numbers when they were not playing with James. Does James make any team better? Of course, but he does not make players better. I'm just waiting to see how Dexter Pittman's career blossoms not that he doesn't have James holding him back (I am of course kidding).

So yeah... James is playing better basketball than he has ever played in his career. Hands down. Which says a lot since he has been the best player in the league in my eyes since 06.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    His percentages are just SO much better that it's not even a contest in my eyes.

As for "getting role players involved", while I do not think that LBJ is the ball-hog that Kobe is, and that he does make an effort to get players involved, I do not think that he "makes players better". He does not do for these guys the things that Magic and bird did for the players around them, or the things that Nash and Duncan did for the players around them. I know there will be LBJ fans that jump down my back and think I'm on crack, but he simply does not make the players around him better. Most of the players he played with put up better numbers when they were not playing with James. Does James make any team better? Of course, but he does not make players better. I'm just waiting to see how Dexter Pittman's career blossoms not that he doesn't have James holding him back (I am of course kidding).

So yeah... James is playing better basketball than he has ever played in his career. Hands down. Which says a lot since he has been the best player in the league in my eyes since 06.
    I'm not going to jump down your kneck, but you are wrong and I am going to tell you why. You say most players have better stats when they are not on his team. Well thats going to happen because Lebron can score better and more efficiently them his teamates so they are going to get less touches. Do you think David Robinson scored more points when he was playing with Tim Duncan? Heck No? But production is not the criteria. Efficiency is the criteria, and Wade and Bosh are both more efficient with Lebron as a teamate. So there is no doubt at all that Lebron James makes players better. He gets 3 pt shooters wide open shots. He gets Bosh wide open shots and dunks. He is possibly the best passer in the entire NBA.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 02-22-2013 at 02:23 AM.

LeBron had no team in Cleveland. Now he has an embarrassment of riches. He's not as ball dominant due to that. So his advanced stats may decline, but his actual play has basically skyrocketed. He's quite honestly playing at a level not seen since 2003 Duncan or even Prime Shaq.

I don't subscribe to advanced stats and I pretty much hate stats in general when it comes to basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    LeBron had no team in Cleveland. Now he has an embarrassment of riches. He's not as ball dominant due to that. So his advanced stats may decline, but his actual play has basically skyrocketed. He's quite honestly playing at a level not seen since 2003 Duncan or even Prime Shaq.

I don't subscribe to advanced stats and I pretty much hate stats in general when it comes to basketball.
    Seriously, Why keep score? They should take down the scoreboard and 3 pointers should be worth flying unicorns and 2's should be worth sparkling butterflies, and at the end of the year, instead of a trophy everyone just gives hugs.

this year, cuz that efficiency is what makes him a great player while putting up similar stats. his game is better all round- more back to the basket and 3 point shooting. and Finals experience and better mentality.

how is he not better now?????

have u guys checked out his latest numbers? advanced stats are on par with his 08-09 performance.
    and the dude is shooting a career high in fg, 3pt, and ts. add to that he's having a career high in rebounds, and on pace to have a career low in turnovers lol..

he's on pace to have the best season of his career, and thats what was needed for him to take the mvp from durant, who imo was his to lose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast