Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 699
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,437

    2/21 NBA Gamethread

    ___

    -@-


    Location: United Center, CHI
    Time: 8:00 PM ET






    ___

    -@-


    Location: Staples Center, LA
    Time: 10:30 PM ET










  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    19,528
    No Kawhi Leonard tonight. (though he should play tomorrow in GS) But really wanted him to play tonight. He and Jack didn't play in our last meeting and it was tough to watch. The perimeter defense just isn't the same when he's not out there, and rebounding for that matter.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    770
    well I guess Chris Paul has to prove he's the best PG in the NBA. Skip Bayless was all over Tony Parkers nuts today on First Take. On the day Stephen A Smith wasn't there

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,381
    Clippers are going to wax the Spurs in a blowout for the 3rd time this year. Highly motivated against them due to how the playoffs shook out... AND they are in LA where they are 21-5 and have a knack for blowing teams out of the building. On top of that they have supposedly had 3 straight days of amazingly productive practices and everybody is healthy finally.

    The Clippers are also amazing record wise on national TV and will be looking to make a statement for those saying they are a tier below the Spurs.

    114-97 Clippers.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    19,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Clippers are going to wax the Spurs in a blowout for the 3rd time this year. Highly motivated against them due to how the playoffs shook out... AND they are in LA where they are 21-5 and have a knack for blowing teams out of the building. On top of that they have supposedly had 3 straight days of amazingly productive practices and everybody is healthy finally.

    The Clippers are also amazing record wise on national TV and will be looking to make a statement for those saying they are a tier below the Spurs.

    114-97 Clippers.
    May very well happen... But if it doesn't and the Spurs win (cause they're pretty good at basketball too) I'm sure you'll be nowhere to be found

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,381
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    May very well happen... But if it doesn't and the Spurs win (cause they're pretty good at basketball too) I'm sure you'll be nowhere to be found
    I'll be here, you have my word. I'll readily admit if I'm wrong but all signs point to a Clippers blowout TBH.

    1. At home where they destroy teams by 15+ points regularly.

    2. A week of rest and 3 days of prep work/practices.

    3. Spurs have yet to see a healthy Clippers this team yet still found themselves down 30 for half of the game in LA last time on national TV and ended up losing by 22. A few days later we went back to SA and beat you despite playing a crappy game.


    I just don't see SA winning, especially without Leonard.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    19,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    I'll be here, you have my word. I'll readily admit if I'm wrong but all signs point to a Clippers blowout TBH.

    1. At home where they destroy teams by 15+ points regularly.

    2. A week of rest and 3 days of prep work/practices.

    3. Spurs have yet to see a healthy Clippers this team yet still found themselves down 30 for half of the game in LA last time on national TV and ended up losing by 22. A few days later we went back to SA and beat you despite playing a crappy game.


    I just don't see SA winning, especially without Leonard.
    I don't see them winning without Leonard either. Since his return, the Spurs have been the best defensive team in the league. He has a really big impact on that end. But that doesn't necessarily mean a blowout.

    And regarding #3 Leonard was out that game, and Jackson broke his finger in the first quarter. So they had really no SF. That was just an awful game to watch on both ends, really sloppy. But Clips did more to win, so props to them.

    That said, I can totally see the Clips winning, but I won't predict a blowout. Just as you think the Clips will be motivated cause of the playoffs last year, I think the Spurs will have a little extra fire to them knowing they've dropped 2 already.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,381
    I agree Spurs were short. We were short Billups+Hill though so I didn't think much about it. If anybody doubts Billups impact (which I've been stressing the entire time he was out) look at his last two games. In just 16 minutes vs the Lakers in the last game he had 21 points, 3 assists, 3 rebounds, 4 steals for example. Guy still has it and is a huge upgrade to Willie Green starting.

    I think if we don't guard the 3 well it's going to be a TIGHT game. I just have a good feeling about tonight.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    19,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    I agree Spurs were short. We were short Billups+Hill though so I didn't think much about it. If anybody doubts Billups impact (which I've been stressing the entire time he was out) look at his last two games. In just 16 minutes vs the Lakers in the last game he had 21 points, 3 assists, 3 rebounds, 4 steals for example. Guy still has it and is a huge upgrade to Willie Green starting.

    I think if we don't guard the 3 well it's going to be a TIGHT game. I just have a good feeling about tonight.
    I don't doubt Billups impact, I just know they have played a lot more games with him than without, so they're able to adapt to his absence easier than guys who are regular rotation guys. Same for Hill for that matter. I've always felt Biilups is a really important piece to the Clips

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,381
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    I don't doubt Billups impact, I just know they have played a lot more games with him than without, so they're able to adapt to his absence easier than guys who are regular rotation guys. Same for Hill for that matter. I've always felt Biilups is a really important piece to the Clips
    Sorry, I hope you didn't think that was directed at you. You seem pretty knowledgeable. Just meant in general people act like Billups= trash and him being out didn't hurt us. Dig deep and you'll see Willie Green outside of being an okay 3 point shooter was a TERRIBLE basketball player. Him starting held the team back big time.

    Also you mean the Clippers are able to adjust because they are used to NOT having Billups right? You worded it the other way around in your post.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    19,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Sorry, I hope you didn't think that was directed at you. You seem pretty knowledgeable. Just meant in general people act like Billups= trash and him being out didn't hurt us. Dig deep and you'll see Willie Green outside of being an okay 3 point shooter was a TERRIBLE basketball player. Him starting held the team back big time.

    Also you mean the Clippers are able to adjust because they are used to NOT having Billups right? You worded it the other way around in your post.
    Yea my bad, that's exactly what I meant. But Billups though he's been banged up a lot just his IQ and everything he brings with him is really important to them. Not to mention his ability to hit big shots too. Willie Green starting, I never understood that. But they managed to win a lot of games anyway, and now looks like they're playing much better w/guys getting healthy.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,381
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Yea my bad, that's exactly what I meant. But Billups though he's been banged up a lot just his IQ and everything he brings with him is really important to them. Not to mention his ability to hit big shots too. Willie Green starting, I never understood that. But they managed to win a lot of games anyway, and now looks like they're playing much better w/guys getting healthy.
    No Clippers fan understood it. Start Bledsoe at SG or Crawford should have been what Vinny did. Hell start Matt Barnes at SG. Sure bench takes a hit no matter what you do but starting 5>>>>bench in terms of priority of production. You need to get off to great starts in games, not find yourself in a hole and fight out.. which is what Butler+Green vanishing constantly caused.

    I agree though that the Clippers have basically gotten used to not having key guys, specifically Billups. Which bodes well for them if they find themselves shorthanded again because they have the experience of being without these guys now.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    104,783
    Heat
    Clippers

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    104,783
    Chicago has made all kinds of early mistakes and are only down 1

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    37
    Am I the only one who think the Heat are cruising and just waiting for the playoffs?

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •