Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cavs starting 5

Cavs starting 5

I know they're having a bad year, but watching this game I'm actually quite impressed with the team. They're rotation really intrigues me. They seem to have a good young core.

Kyrie is Kyrie, Thompson is athletic and has a good motor, Gee is a decent swingman by todays standard, Waiters is raw but he's not as bad as others think and has some upside, Zeller isn't shooting the ball well but he's improving as of late and seems to have a good future as a stretch 5.

What's the Cavs future look like if they remain as is?
    Last edited by Redskins10; 02-21-2013 at 01:31 AM.

in two yearsthey will be very good
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Redskins10 View Post
    I know they're having a bad year, but watching this game I'm actually quite impressed with the team. They're rotation really intrigues me. They seem to be have a good young core.

Kyrie is Kyrie, Thompson is athletic and has a good motor, Gee is a decent swingman by todays standard, Waiters is raw but he's not as bad as others think and has some upside, Zeller isn't shooting the ball well but he's improving as of late and seems to have a good future as a stretch 5.

What's the Cavs future look like if they remain as is?
    Some people were calling TT a bust after last season and he's really come on past few months, looks to be a solid player...Waiters has shown flashes of greatness, Zeller is having rookie struggles and missing easy shots he nailed in college, maybe its mental...the Cavs have a nice core and 7 1st round draft picks the next 3 seasons and they may add to that total, including 2 1sts and 2 high second this year....one of the biggest problems this year and last has been a very weak bench, recent additions of Speights and Ellington have greatly increased bench production...will be exciting to see, especially when LeBron returns in 2014. That team will be stacked!
    One day Kyle Korver will write a book titled "I Missed: The Biggest Shot of My Life."

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandSpider View Post
    Some people were calling TT a bust after last season and he's really come on past few months, looks to be a solid player...Waiters has shown flashes of greatness, Zeller is having rookie struggles and missing easy shots he nailed in college, maybe its mental...the Cavs have a nice core and 7 1st round draft picks the next 3 seasons and they may add to that total, including 2 1sts and 2 high second this year....one of the biggest problems this year and last has been a very weak bench, recent additions of Speights and Ellington have greatly increased bench production...will be exciting to see, especially when LeBron returns in 2014. That team will be stacked!
    I thought all Clevelanders hated him now. I just can't see him returning, but I could be wrong. Who the hell knows what he'll do. I'll actually be surprised if Kyrie stays when his contract is up.

New Orleans is pretty terrible... but Kyrie Irving is going to be a top 5-7 player in a couple of years. The Cavs team is very promising. Irving and Waiters as a backcourt is VERY promising. Thompson looks nice, but im not sold on Zeller (even though he went to UNC) with another lotto pick this year I think the Cavs are in great position for their future
    UNC players with NBA Rings - 14

Duke players with NBA Rings - 3

they remind me of an up and coming pacers, but they have a legit superstar in the making where as granger is star,
    go bears go bulls go cubsray: go blackhawks(new fan) go spurs

ninja rap haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx7dt0Wscpc

They have some promising young talent.

Irving
    Waiters
    ???
    Thompson
    Varejao/Zeller

everyone on that team but the pg sucks

owner will prevent them from ever winning

This team does have a bright future. The superstar is the hardest part to get, and luckily thats already taken care of. A nice supporting cast is in place as well. Once they address interior defense (biggest hole on the team and getting Varejao back will certainly help) and add a veteran wing, they can be very good. I would expect them to potentially get in the playoffs next year as a 7 or 8 seed, and they can be a serious contender in two depending on how this and next season go in terms of roster adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by ATX View Post
    I thought all Clevelanders hated him now. I just can't see him returning, but I could be wrong. Who the hell knows what he'll do. I'll actually be surprised if Kyrie stays when his contract is up.
    Well the earliest he could leave would be after the 2017-18 season so I wouldn't worry too much about that now...you can do a quick google search to read articles that detail how LeBron has dropped hints about returning to Cleveland including sending his reps to talk to the Cavs FO to test the waters about a possible return...if you would've asked me or any other diehard Cavs fan two years ago about LeBron returning one day, we'd all say hell no! But how on earth could you reject the best basketball player on earth when you're trying to win? It seemed impossible, still maybe a long shot, but its a possibility, a strong possibility actually
    One day Kyle Korver will write a book titled "I Missed: The Biggest Shot of My Life."

Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post

You're wrong and why would an owner do that?
    Made by KnicksR4Real

Quote Originally Posted by GregOdenBust View Post
    Oh now everyone agrees that we should of drafted Lillard over Waiters What did I say before? Waiter is a bust not a stud and he will NEVER live up to the 4th pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    irving must die

Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post

^casual NBA fan quote of the day....

Cleveland should trade for granger. Or I see Kyrie leaving. "The decision 2.0"
    FEAR US!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kntresistheheat View Post
    Cleveland should trade for granger. Or I see Kyrie leaving. "The decision 2.0"
    It's far more likely that LeBron leaves Miami in 2014 than Kyrie does after the 2017-18 season...

Good young team from the back court and starting PF

Irving is gonna be a top 5 guy
    I honestly Believe that Waiters has a pretty high ceiling.
    Thompson is the effort guy who could net like 15-9 per game in the future.

I don't think Andy-V stays after his contract runs.
    Hopefully for them, they snatch up someone good for the 3 or the 5. Noel coulda been nice lol
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast