Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

W's and Hornets discussing trade: Eric Gordon for Klay Thompson & RJ/Beans

Yesterday, John Reid of the New Orleans Times-Picayune reported that, while the Hornets aren't actively shopping Eric Gordon, they would be interested in a deal with the Warriors that included Klay Thompson. And according to Sam Amico of FOX Sports Ohio, those two teams have engaged in discussions that a source classifies as "more than exploratory" (https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/stat...98433991307264).

In Reid's report yesterday, he noted that the Warriors are reluctant to part with Thompson, since the team feels he's a young emerging star. Gordon has also had injury issues over the last couple years, and is in the first year of an expensive long-term contract. If talks between the two sides progress, I'd imagine the Warriors would push the Hornets to take on at least one of Golden State's bad contracts -- Richard Jefferson and Andris Biedrins are earning $10.16MM and $9MM this season, respectively, and are certain to exercise their equally pricey player options for next season.

ESPN.com's Chris Broussard reported yesterday that the Hornets had made Gordon available in trade talks, though potential suitors have some concerns about his health. The 24-year-old shooting guard would also have the opportunity to veto any deal, since the Hornets matched his offer sheet in restricted free agency last summer.
    Last edited by steveweve; 02-20-2013 at 03:35 PM.

ohhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

liar
    Tottenham Hotspur
    San Francisco Warriors
    San Francisco Giants
    San Francisco 49ers

interesting Gordon is 10lbs heavier than Thompson, but Thompson is 4 inches taller. Thompson is pinner, no wonder he gets physically abused. Not sure a 6'3" 2-guard would hold down the 2 position any better though. We need size and athleticism for defense and rebounding damnit!
    Tottenham Hotspur
    San Francisco Warriors
    San Francisco Giants
    San Francisco 49ers

Why is this thread titled as if it happened already? Misleading. AF.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

not gonna happen.

Yea I read the title and thought it already happen to. I was think wow I don't like it

Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    interesting Gordon is 10lbs heavier than Thompson, but Thompson is 4 inches taller. Thompson is pinner, no wonder he gets physically abused. Not sure a 6'3" 2-guard would hold down the 2 position any better though. We need size and athleticism for defense and rebounding damnit!
    Klay has been our best defender this year.

Warriors are being dumb.

This is probably not a good trade, but it's better than the ones that include Klay for Turner or Evans. lol Which was suggested a lot here.

This makes 0 sense. Why would they want an undersized back court again? Plus, Klay will only get better...

“My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

Gordon has top three potential for SG's when healthy, but that's a big if and then there is his contract.

This one is really tough for me. I don't think I would have the guts to pull the trigger on this one. I get why they want to, but man.

I don't know why people wouldn't go for a prototype off guard and would prefer a undersized off guard.. who else would take Reggie Miller over Allen Iverson?

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

This trade better not happen

Depending on my point guard, I would take either Reggie Miller or Allen Iverson. Either one will help the team win.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast