Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does a Rondo trade make sense for anyone?

Rumors has it that Rondo is one of the most available players right now. He's obviously unfit until next season. But does it makes sense for any team to trade and wait for him to return next season.

According to me there are a few suitors:

Phoenix - The team is not going anywhere. Trade Dragic + filler for Rondo. Also Gortat to OKC and just all out tank this season. Get a high pick. And return next season with Rondo and a draft star like Shabazz or Benett or McLemore.

Something like this

Rondo
    Lamb
    Shabazz/Bennett
    Scola
    Perkins

Sacramento:
    The team is going nowhere but Seattle. Trade Tyreke + Jimmer for Rondo.
    You get to Seattle with a bonafide star in Rondo + Boogie + eventual top 5 draft pick. That's a good core.

BOS isn't moving Rondo for Dragic and fillers. It would either be for pieces that make us a legit contender this year or for young players/picks that help in rebuilding. Moving him for Dragic doesn't make us significantly better this year and it takes away the best asset we have moving forward.

I don't see a scenario where a Rondo trade makes sense for both teams.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    BOS isn't moving Rondo for Dragic and fillers. It would either be for pieces that make us a legit contender this year or for young players/picks that help in rebuilding. Moving him for Dragic doesn't make us significantly better this year and it takes away the best asset we have moving forward.

I don't see a scenario where a Rondo trade makes sense for both teams.
    When you're trying to move a player with an ACL injury you are not negotiating from a place where you have leverage.

Boston tried to deal PP and KG and was unsuccessful. Now only option is to deal a crocked Rondo to challenge one last year.

We'd have to get Dragic, Gortat, and maybe something else for it to be a fair trade.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
    When you're trying to move a player with an ACL injury you are not negotiating from a place where you have leverage.

Boston tried to deal PP and KG and was unsuccessful. Now only option is to deal a crocked Rondo to challenge one last year.
    But trading Rondo for the package you listed doesn't make us a contender this year. So we can keep our valuable future asset and not compete this year or give him away for pennies on the dollar and still not compete this year. Seems like an easy choice to me...

Rumors has it that Rondo is one of the most available players right now. He's obviously unfit until next season. But does it makes sense for any team to trade and wait for him to return next season.

Phoenix - The team is not going anywhere. Trade Dragic + filler for Rondo. Also Gortat to OKC and just all out tank this season. Get a high pick. And return next season with Rondo and a draft star like Shabazz or Benett or McLemore.

Something like this

Rondo
    Lamb
    Shabazz/Bennett
    Scola
    Perkins

Sacramento:
    You get to Seattle with a bonafide star in Rondo + Boogie + eventual top 5 draft pick. That's a good core.
    Suns get raped in this deal
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

Dragic + filler for Rondo and PHX gets raped... lol

Something like this

Rondo
    Lamb
    Shabazz/Bennett
    Scola
    Perkins

Sacramento:
    don't forget...they also have the lakers first round pick.....their future looks good....they need to start all over

Yeah no, I don't see any of these things going down. People were low-balling the celtics when rondo was healthy. Don't think those deals are getting any better. Don't see the suns getting rondo for dragic and a bag o Doritos. Or the kings getting him for tyreke and some rainbow Jimmy's.
    Last edited by Nats_vcu-Okc35; 02-20-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Here is one deal that makes great sense (idk if the money matchs up) Rondo for Russell Westbrook. Rondo would upgrade the OKC offense because KD is the #1 option without a doubt and no PG wants to be the #1 guy like Westbrook does in OKC. Rondo can make players around him better with his elite passing skills. In return, the Celtics get a building block in Westbrook who can score and pass decently. Westbrook is young and he could mature well if KG and Paul Pierce stay as Celtics next year. The Celtics still have an elite PG/SG tweener without having to sacrafice much in Rondo. Good move for both sides for rebuilding and building a championship contender.

Rondo and KD wouldn't work.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

How about John Wall- Crawford and Ariza-Okefor for Rondo.
    Reed Doughty .......where second chances will ALWAYS HAPPEN. Stay tuned.

why would Washington trade a better playmaking PG?
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    why would Washington trade a better playmaking PG?
    Are you serious?.

EDIT: Ok you are. Wall IQ for Asst is not good he turns the ball over alot and jump shot skills are not good. And no Rondo a better play maker .........Period. Not to sound rude or nothing i hate typing but Wall is an up and down for WSh and rondo is a much bigger improvement in my eyes IDK about other wiz fans but time for a change.
    Reed Doughty .......where second chances will ALWAYS HAPPEN. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by jason17 View Post
    How about John Wall- Crawford and Ariza-Okefor for Rondo.
    you smoking dope?
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast