Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

One-on-one: Jordan beats Kidd-Gilchrist

Even as he approaches his 50th birthday, Michael Jordan can still play. And the No. 2 pick in the draft will be the first to admit it.

Kidd-Gilchrist
    Charlotte Bobcats rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist confessed Friday that Jordan beat him in a one-on-one game.

"It was hard for me," Kidd-Gilchrist, almost 20, told USA Today before the Rising Stars Challenge rookie-sophomore game at All-Star Weekend. "I lost. I lost to a 50-year-old guy. ... He's the greatest man that ever played the game.

"Oh, yeah. He's good."

How about taking it easy to make the boss look good? The 6-foot-7 rookie out of Kentucky said that wasn't the case.

"No. I didn't allow him to beat me," he told CSNHouston. "Because that's my boss? Nah."

Kidd-Gilchrist is averaging 9.1 points and 5.7 rebounds per game this season.
    Do you believe it?

I think there's already a thread for this. It's probably true but 1v1 is easy for MJ against scrubs. In a legitimate regular season game, MJ would not play well.

Impressive for MJ, or embarrassing for MKG? He's supposed to be a great defender

Sad for mkg

Good offense beats good defense everytime though.

I believe it. Jordan has gained some weight, as all people do as they get older. Probably back him down a lot.

There are reports saying that he's trying to lose weight and get into basketball shape. I read somewhere that Jordan is around 280 lb now, and he wants trim down to 218, which is his basketball weight.

I believe it happened. I think it is pretty incredible but I would not want MJ to attempt a comeback at 50.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

They probably played by the rule of MJ's Camp. It's a game to 3, winners ball with no offensive rebounding. You miss a shot it's a change of possession. Just for kicks... here's famous clip of the 1 time that Jordan lost at his camp to a rich CEO of a company. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B7U74Dg04k

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.