Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Is this a walk? NBA rule question...

Some people call it when I play against them, some do not. I already dribbled and stopped, ball in two hands, pivot foot is my right foot, I jump using my left foot bring my pivot foot off the ground(right foot) and my left foot at the same time but I use my left foot(non pivot) to jump back and create space, a travel/walk?
    NEW
    YORK
    KNICKS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77eCWVj0kzI Like that? I'm kind of having trouble picturing what you're describing, but from what I understand, you're doing a similar maneuver in the video, but while Rose still has his dribble when he steps back, you don't. So it sounds like traveling to me.

If you're jumping off both feet at the same time and you're shooting or passing before you touch the ground again, then I think you're fine. The way you describe your jump is confusing though - are you saying both feet leave the ground at the same time but the power is coming from your left foot?

If i'm reading this right...when you're jumping back, you better be shooting or passing because it sounds like a walk/travel if not.
    The Knicks are back?

Last edited by Cromedome; 02-05-2013 at 10:49 PM. Reason: don't double post me
    The Knicks are back?

It's a walk if they call it a walk. Respect the call from the opposing team and keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

If you were to pass the ball, and not take a difficult shot, you wouldn't have this problem. lol jp

However, if you don't move your pivot and you jump off your non-pivot it's not a walk unless you move your pivot before you jump

Quote Originally Posted by Everymanalion View Post
    Some people call it when I play against them, some do not. I already dribbled and stopped, ball in two hands, pivot foot is my right foot, I jump using my left foot bring my pivot foot off the ground(right foot) and my left foot at the same time but I use my left foot(non pivot) to jump back and create space, a travel/walk?
    Sounds like it. You already stopped dribbling and established a pivot foot, you really are limited to what you can do, and I don't think "jumping back" falls into that category.

Honestly, post a video because this is bothering me now...
    Last edited by *Superman*; 02-06-2013 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago lulz View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77eCWVj0kzI Like that? I'm kind of having trouble picturing what you're describing, but from what I understand, you're doing a similar maneuver in the video, but while Rose still has his dribble when he steps back, you don't. So it sounds like traveling to me.
    Thissssssss.

Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    If you're jumping off both feet at the same time and you're shooting or passing before you touch the ground again, then I think you're fine. The way you describe your jump is confusing though - are you saying both feet leave the ground at the same time but the power is coming from your left foot?
    This...

Yes its a travel. In the NBA nothing is a travel though.

So no.

Quote Originally Posted by jakedajewler View Post
    I don't know who any punters are, that's when i go take a piss

If both feet come off the ground simultaneously, not traveling. But if your pivot foot comes up first, then it's traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by 8kobe24 View Post
    If both feet come off the ground simultaneously, not traveling. But if your pivot foot comes up first, then it's traveling.
    ^

Doesn't sound like you're doing a Dirk fadeaway, but if you are then that's not a travel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfewOvwxMR0

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Well... from the sounds of it you are pulling a Hakeem. You have a pivot, work around the pivot and then fall back launching off your non-pivot foot. That's not a travel, or at least, I have never seen it called a travel before. Dirk does that as well. Lots of players do.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.