Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If Dwight needs surgery and misses rest of season, would you still want him?

Would you want your team to offer him max money and build the franchise around dwight? (assuming your team was in the running for him this offseason)

At first you might read this question and think its ridiculous, but think about it. Back surgery last year and still not 100% healed to this day. Dwight has been a shell of his former self and we still have yet to see the old dwight. His free throw % is down and not improving. His offensive game has been terrible, he never really was a great offensive center to begin with. He's basically the #1 defensive center in the league with a history of injuries now. If he were to need shoulder surgery, I'd now put him in the 'injury prone' list... Then you throw in his circus antics and immaturity.

With the new cba, tax penalty's, etc.... would you want your team to build around Dwight paying him MAX money going forward?

Personally, If he gets surgery and misses rest of this season, I'd rather the lakers let him go, wait till 2014 and build around guys like lebron, cp3, irving, etc..
    Last edited by 310Casper; 01-07-2013 at 07:38 PM.

I'm not sure if I want him now

Nope

Who is Max and how much does he make?

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

This is why people don't like Lakers fans. Prefer to build around CP3, Irving, and LeBron? What makes you think those guys are going to be available, let alone come crawling to play for the Lakers?

Anyway, do I want him? That all depends. Who is on my current roster? As far as the Nets? No I don't want him.

Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    This is why people don't like Lakers fans. Prefer to build around CP3, Irving, and LeBron? What makes you think those guys are going to be available, let alone come crawling to play for the Lakers?
    History says it. Lakers have always gotten the cream of the crop elite stars.

I know it hurts your feelings, just learn to accept it. Its easier that way.

Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post
    Would you want your team to offer him max money and build the franchise around dwight? (assuming your team was in the running for him this offseason)

At first you might read this question and think its ridiculous, but think about it. Back surgery last year and still not 100% healed to this day. Dwight has been a shell of his former self and we still have yet to see the old dwight. His free throw % is down and not improving. His offensive game has been terrible, he never really was a great offensive center to begin with. He's basically the #1 defensive center in the league with a history of injuries now. If he were to need shoulder surgery, I'd now put him in the 'injury prone' list... Then you throw in his circus antics and immaturity.

With the new cba, tax penalty's, etc.... would you want your team to build around Dwight paying him MAX money going forward?

Personally, If he gets surgery and misses rest of this season, I'd rather the lakers let him go, wait till 2014 and build around guys like lebron, cp3, irving, etc..
    LeBron isn't really a FA. I don't think he will opt out. CP3 is a FA this year not in 2014 and Kyrie Irving isn't a Free Agent at all. Cleveland has an Team option in 2014. Realistically the Lakers won't get anyone THAT good.

Anyway, do I want him? That all depends. Who is on my current roster? As far as the Nets? No I don't want him.
    you don't want arguably the best player in the league when heallthy?

Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    you don't want arguably the best player in the league when heallthy?
    1) He is not arguably the best players in the league when healthy. 3rd best? Yes okay.

2) Dwight causes drama when things don't go his way, he had a bad back, now a torn labrum, and is 27 years old and having a poor season to his standards.

Brook Lopez' only injury of any concern was his broken ankle which he has shown 0 signs of anything bothersome, and he's only 24. He's playing very very well, shown by his PER being 5th best in the NBA.

3) If Dwight is completely healthy of course I'd take him, but he isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post
    History says it. Lakers have always gotten the cream of the crop elite stars.

I know it hurts your feelings, just learn to accept it. Its easier that way.
    I still don't get why teams bend over to give the Lakers deals that no other GM on the planet would do.

I pray Mavs do not sign him,

I still don't get why teams bend over to give the Lakers deals that no other GM on the planet would do.
    It's most likely going to be much harder for them this time. 2014 Free Agency could up being a pot of gold at the end of an imaginary rainbow. I don't remember the year but there was another year where a bunch of guys were going to be Free Agents and they all re-signed. I think it was 2008 and Yao and Dirk were the main targets. 2014 is only a huge year if the big 3 in Miami or Melo opt out. They aren't Free Agents. They probably won't opt out. The best UFA's are guys like Igudala, Deng, Granger, Pierce, Dirk, Ellis, ect.

**** I don't even want him if he was healthy. That drama could murder a team by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Tbh I think Howard's career is slowly on the downfall... If he was smart he would get the max from the Lakers.... I know the seasons a long way from over but he needs to reevaluate himself at seasons end. Either he's going to elevate his level to be one of the best in the league again or just be another center in a few years (that's what it's starting to look like). Now to answer your question, no I would not... He hasn't shown anything to warrant the money he would want.

The best thing for both Howard and the Lakers would be a 2 year deal if he can't come back this year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast