Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who are the Top 10 Players of All-Time if no player has any rings?

Who are the top 10 players all-time if no player has any rings at all?

#24 Kobe "The Black Mamba" Bryant

I dont think it changes anyones top 10 really, mabey Lebron gets in the top 10 and replaces a Larry Bird or Bill Russel but the Kobe's Jordan's and Magic positions dont change

My list wouldn't change a whole lot.

My top 10 in no order, also off the top of my head so don't be too harsh.

Jordan
    Bird
    James
    Shaq
    Robinson
    Wilt
    Duncan
    Kareem
    Magic
    Russell

Kobe cracks my top 10 based on team accomplishments. Longevity gets him real close without them...but he wasn't better than those players individually if you take away team success (again, it does depend on how you value longevity...and this season is making it hard to say that).

Actually, I'd make room for Kobe there without rings. This year has sold me. But it's MUCH closer. He benefits probably the most from team success...because individually (statistically) he is FAR from a top 10 player ever.

Isiah would get bumped down a ton. He doesn't look too special without rings.

Obviously the ringless guys would jump up on everyone's list. I think Barkley long has been underrated because of his lack of rings and misconceptions of his game. I've seen some Stockton slander lately...I think he'd be a clear #2 PG of all time in many more people's eyes if we weren't worried about team success (until Point God takes him over). Elgin Baylor is much better than many people regard him to be, perhaps because of rings.

But as a whole, i don't think there are huge movers and shakers.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Duncan would be out of the top 10. KG and Charles (no rings) >.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

Jordan
    Jabbar
    Wilt
    LeBron
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Magic
    Barkley
    Bird
    Oscar

Russell, and Kobe drop, their rankings to me are heavily based on team success, not individual talent. That is off the top of my head, so don't kill me some of the people I respect..
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 01-03-2013 at 10:07 PM.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

1. MJ
    2. Bird
    3. Shaq
    4. Lebron
    5. Wilt
    6. Magic
    7. Oscar
    8. Kareem
    9. Hakeem
    10. Duncan

If no rings are in play, Kareem > Jordan. Don't murder me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Jordan
    Jabbar
    Wilt
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Magic
    LeBron
    Barkley
    Oscar
    Duncan

Russell, and Kobe drop, their rankings to me are heavily based on team success, not individual talent. That is off the top of my head, so don't kill me some of the people I respect..
    I'm a Russell die hard. He was the OG culture changer in the same vein as KG was when he entered Boston. I'm not sure there were many more important players to a franchises success than Russell to the Celtics. And they're among the 10 most successful franchises in sports history. No way he leaves my top 10.

Kobe does, so does Oscar. But they're close.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    I'm a Russell die hard. He was the OG culture changer in the same vein as KG was when he entered Boston. I'm not sure there were many more important players to a franchises success than Russell to the Celtics. And they're among the 10 most successful franchises in sports history. No way he leaves my top 10.

Kobe does, so does Oscar. But they're close.
    he doesn't have to man. I simply don't think he was as good a basketball player as some guys ranked behind him in general. His affect to the sport will forever be measured in a different way...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

And I realize team success walks the line with rings, but this is a team game regardless of those rings. What I'm saying is that your individual dominance can be greater than the sum of your talent, and obviously vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    And I realize team success walks the line with rings, but this is a team game regardless of those rings. What I'm saying is that your individual dominance can be greater than the sum of your talent, and obviously vice versa.
    sure, but this type of thread basically is saying, "who are the best players if you take away rings", not team success.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    My list wouldn't change a whole lot.

My top 10 in no order, also off the top of my head so don't be too harsh.

Jordan
    Bird
    James
    Shaq
    Robinson
    Wilt
    Duncan
    Kareem
    Magic
    Russell

Kobe cracks my top 10 based on team accomplishments. Longevity gets him real close without them...but he wasn't better than those players individually if you take away team success (again, it does depend on how you value longevity...and this season is making it hard to say that).

Actually, I'd make room for Kobe there without rings. This year has sold me. But it's MUCH closer. He benefits probably the most from team success...because individually (statistically) he is FAR from a top 10 player ever.

Isiah would get bumped down a ton. He doesn't look too special without rings.

Obviously the ringless guys would jump up on everyone's list. I think Barkley long has been underrated because of his lack of rings and misconceptions of his game. I've seen some Stockton slander lately...I think he'd be a clear #2 PG of all time in many more people's eyes if we weren't worried about team success (until Point God takes him over). Elgin Baylor is much better than many people regard him to be, perhaps because of rings.

But as a whole, i don't think there are huge movers and shakers.
    Russell doesn't dump on Kobe statistically.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    sure, but this type of thread basically is saying, "who are the best players if you take away rings", not team success.
    Yeah exactly. Which is why I couldn't take away Bill.

Here's mine off the top of my head - I'll go prime (5-10 years) as my gauge.

• Jordan
    • Kareem
    • Hakeem
    • Wilt
    • Bill
    • Bird
    • Magic
    • Duncan
    • Lebron
    • Shaq

I tried to find Barkley a spot, but couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    Duncan would be out of the top 10. KG and Charles (no rings) >.
    Duncan rings or not is better than both of those two

Wilt or Kareem would make it a lot closer against Jordan for GOAT.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast