Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
    I always like signing former major league sons. It doesn't always pan out but having a parent that knows how to make it to the big leagues is a plus IMO. Also, he has been around the Major League game for a while, which couldn't hurt.

Let's hope he pulls a Vlad Jr.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Hey guys I have been following the minors quite a bit and I have a few notes and guys to look for in the future, and it goes like this:

Mickey Moniak (AA): Well it seems like scouts screwed up and his ceiling seems to be lower than anticipated, but he has been improving slowly, he is currently batting around .250 low OBP, his power numbers are improving, he seems to be connecting more doubles and a couple HRs, but if he doesn't figure **** out he is gonna be a like most of our past OF prospects a la Michael Taylor.

Adam Haseley (AA): He seems to be catching up in AA, his numbers have been better, good power numbers (doubles and HRs) his BA is about .250, but has a good OBP .359, he seems to have a good eye and recognizes pitches out of the zone, Im hoping to see him in the bigs next year and be something like Hunter Pence is he reaches his ceiling.

Alec Bohm (A): Dude takes a bit of adjustment every level but he ends up hitting, his slash line is 367/441/595, he should be called to AA soon, his defense has been better as of late, it seems like he has been working on it, I'm really liking this dude to play 3B in 2020 or 2021.

Scouts have been second guessing his place at 3B, but he seems to be putting work there, let's hope he does.

Adonis Medina (AA): He had his best outing yesterday I believe he went 5.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, those numbers might not be sexy or what is expected out of our best pitching prospect but he has struggled against AA opposition but he seems to be improving, I really can't say if he will make it, to me he is a number 3 starter tops.

Cornelius Randolph (AA):He has been given lots of opportunities, but the kid just doesnt hit, he seems to be overmatched in the minors, I really doubt he makes it to the bigs, another blunder by our scouting team I guess.

Spencer Howard (A): He was supposed to be sought after this off season, and the phils were adamant in keep in him, he seems to be a power pitcher, good velocity, if i had to guess he could be something like Matt harvey (I like this comp)

He had a minor injury and has not been pitching as of late, let's hope he returns strong.

Jahylin Ortiz (A): looks awful this season, he seems like a bust.

Also some guys we have picked up who could jump in the prospect list:

- Nick Matón.
    - Luis Garcia (he is young, but scouts rave about his upside, his numbers are not sexy but he has been hot as of late)
    -Simon Muzzioti (all he does is hit every game)

Thoughts?
    Last edited by papirico52; 05-22-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Good analysis. Still think moniak will be fine. Still young.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Another player I forgot:

Deivi Grullón (AAA): he has been slashing .344/.394/.568 which seems filthy AF, alas most scouts think he will regress a bit, nevertheless he could be better than Knapp backing up J.T.

He has a great build for a catcher, he seems to understand game calling and could develop into a good catcher in the future, understands that he needs to have a good relationship with pitchers (shown by his actions in camp, when he was all over Arrieta asking questions), he frames pitches well.

He could be something if he learns from J.T. let's keep an eye on him.
    Last edited by papirico52; 05-22-2019 at 09:18 PM.

I will be posting updates from the minors to summarize a bit.

- Mickey Moniak (AA): Is on fire, currently riding and 11 game hitting streak, in which has been batting .391, four doubles, one triple, 2 SB, 6 Ks, 3BB. (has not been caught stealing), he might be figuring stuff out, this has been his better stretch in the minors by far.

- Deivi Grullón (AAA): Homered yesterday (9), rockin this sexy *** slash line 356/.403/.616/1.019, it seems that Knapp's framing is the thing that has him in the bigs, plus his relationship with the pitchers, but I'm looking forward to see him in the bigs.

- Simon Muzzioti injured went to a 7 day IL.

- Jayhlin ortiz showing life signs.

Haseley promoted to AAA. 3-3 to start. Maybe long term answer in center.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Haseley has been better as of late, should be better than Odubel and you can keep Kingery at third base.

He has a good eye and gets on base, plus his power numbers were on the rise.

Hi guys, it's time for a new minor league update even tho nobody asked for it, you are gonna get it LOL.

Alec Bohm: 22 years old, (AA) 3B prospect, he was recently called up to Reading, he seems to adapt quickly to promotions, he went 0-4 in his first game in AA, but followed that with 2 hits on saturday and is first HR yesterday, he is currently our best prospect and seems to be elite given his numbers and poise, a lot has been said about him not sticking to 3rd, and I think a lot of scouts look at his size (6-5, 225 lbs) and think he is stiff, but having watched him a few I could tell you his body is more of a young Jayson Werth, he looks fluid and runs the bases well, I have seen him stretching out doubles. I expect to see him in the majors this september or in spring next year.

Mickey Moniak: Mick just turned 21 this may, (AA), CF. and he seems to be improving with warm weather like last year, he is getting hits and is showing more gap to gap power which is great, he homered yesterday (4) in a game in which Bohm homered, in june he is batting .368 7 doubles, 3 triples, 1 HR, 10 BB and 17 Ks, which is a major upgrade give his K/BB rate, I like his defense to stick at CF, he has had to endure people calling him a bust and seems to be mentally strong to overcome that, I expect him to finish this year in AA and another year at AAA if he continues his improvement, expect him maybe september call up in 2020 or 2021.

Deivy Grullon: 23 yo, (AAA) C, following up his blistering start as expected Grullón has cooled off, lots of scouts thought it was just a streak, but I think he does have some trade value at least, and if he improves his pitch framing and defense I would love to take a look at him in stead of Knapp, he is still slashing .306/.363/.494/.857, and he homered yesterday.

And well since you know our major league pitching looks like crap, there are some guys who are turning heads in our system worth taking a look at.

Damon Jones: LHP, 24 yo, 6-4, 225 lbs, (AA) the lefty got recently promoted to AA, and he has dazzled since, in two starts at AA he is allowed 2 hits and as a K/9 of 14.3, his FB sits around 93-94 MPH consistently and touches 96 MPH at times, he seems to have a plus change up that sits around 83-84 MPH and is really a strikeout pitch with late movement, he kind of reminds me of Coil (Cole Hamels) is his style but Jones body is thicker, I think he needs a slider or a curve but he looks as good as any we have right now.

He had Tommy John surgery which pushed back his development give his age for AA, but that has happened before to guys like DeGrom, he is poised and looks MLB ready when you see him, and that has caused people in to thinking he could be moved up very quick given his delivery, poise, age and pitching which looks great.

here is a video on Jones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNw9JGBY2gc

Kyle Glogoski: RHP, (A), 6-2, 185 lbs. At first glance he might seem like another soft tosser but the kid from New Zealand just turned 20 this year, he already has been named to the all star game in his league of course, he has been lights out and you can probably think that pro preparation and coaching could develop his stuff to add a few ticks to his FB and we could have something in the future, maybe not front rotation stuff but who knows?
    Last edited by papirico52; 06-24-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Sup guys, just a quick update on our prospects in the AFL.

Spencer Howard.- Our top pitching prospect is doing great in the AFL, he is showing a FB that sits in the 94-97 MPH and tops at 98 MPH, his slider velocity is in the 81-84 and tops at 88 MPH, Curveball is in the 76-77 MPH and hi change up sits at 83 MPH.

It seems like they are working on his curve and slider, because the change is his best secondary pitch, but he has not used it that much during the AFL, his curve seem to have more tilt which is amazing to add to an already deadly change up, really excited about him, and i'm also not worried about his innings pitched, because he missed some time earlier this year.

Alec Bohm.- He is showing great eye, he seems to have the hit tool plus the power tool which is really exciting, he was named to the AFL all star league.

Connor Seabold.- I would love to see Seabold in the bigs next year, he seem to have figured stuff out, he lacks the stuff of someone like Spencer, but he is very capable pitcher and good use of secondary pitches, I like him as a 4 to 5 rotation guy.

Beyond the results, Seabold's stuff has also been on full display. Pitching on Wednesday at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick -- where Statcast data is available -- Seabold sat 91-93 mph with his fastball, topping out at 94.1 in his fifth and final inning. He threw 76 pitches, 16 of which resulted in swings and misses. That 21.1 percent swing-and-miss rate was a significant jump from his 14.5 percent average during the regular season, which ranked 13th among the 146 pitchers to get at least 40 innings in the Eastern League. What's more, those misses came on a variety of pitches -- six on the fastball, seven on the slider and three on the change. Also notable, Statcast has recognized the changeup, which sits 80-81 mph, as a curveball, proving that the pitch is fooling more than opposing batters.

"The ones I really throw over and get on top of, they have more of a straight-down action," Seabold said. "I can see how that could get mistaken for a curveball by some of the pitch tracking stuff. But really, it's just a changeup that goes straight down sometimes."

The next step in Seabold's development that he's identified is the slider, and the results this autumn have been equally promising. Four of Seabold's eight strikeouts against Salt River on Wednesday came on the breaking pitch -- two looking, two swinging. It's no longer just a complement to the fastball. Like the changeup, it has a chance to become a real weapon.

"The slider has gotten a little better, just since I've been here," Seabold said. "I toyed a little with the grip, and I've started to choke on it a little more. Before, I was getting a little too loose, and that took away from the depth of the pitch. It's got the same sharpness as it's always had, but now, it's got a little more depth and I really like where it's going."
    From MiLB.

Hi guys our first 2021 prospect report:

Spencer Howard: He has been stretching out as a starter after getting a few looks in the majors as a reliever, he seems to be dominating AAA and is currently managing innings, he should be able to get to the majors around july and give this team some starts.

Mick Abel: He started in Low A, I thought he would start in rookie ball, alas the team likes what they saw from Abel during the pandemic and workouts and has assigned him there, which means he is somewhat advanced. His FB is being going around 98-94 MPH, his velo seems to decline as he progresses through the game, but its his first full season. he has blown away a few batters with his fastball.

Mickey Moniak: Well you have seen Moniak, but it seems like getting consistent playing time was the right choice, Mick is batting and getting XBH as well, in case Odubel slips we could see him again, but I would like to keep him in AAA a few months to fine tune his approach.

Bryson Stott: He is displaying his power in hi A, he seems advanced for the level he should be seeing AA soon maybe in a month or so, which could be a positive if we ant to see him in the bigs in 2022.

Francisco Morales: He has been a bit a of disappointment in AA, alas he didn't play at all last season and in 2019 he was piggy backed in hi A, I think he needs time to adjust to AA, not everything is doom and gloom, he has been striking out dudes, his stuff is legit.

Luis Garcia: Seems to be bouncing back from an awful 2019 where he was outmatched in hi A, but his bat is waking up and he is making some plays, we might see a promotion by the end of the year, since this would have been his third year, but he is barely 20 years old.

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354