Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

are Lebron/Durant going to be the next Jordan/Drexler?

in a sense that people always compared Drexler to be on par with Jordan even though Jordan was just flat out better and out played Drexler in their matchups.
    Is this decade going to be like that for Lebron(Jordan) and Durant(Drex)?

edit: i guess this should be in the comparison forum.....

Magic/Bird?

This is why I watch soccer.

Magic and Bird would make a better comparison. The distance between MJ and Drexler is WAY too big.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

i like the magic/bird comparison

we will see them both battle in the finals for the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    Magic and Bird would make a better comparison. The distance between MJ and Drexler is WAY too big.
    so the distance between Lebron and Durant isn't that big? Just wondering what you think because I've heard people say Durant could being shooting 60/50/90 and he still wont be the best player in the league.

Magic and Bird more likely since Durant will get some MVP's as well
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Durant's better than prime Drexler and Jordan was better than prime Lebron, so I'm not buying it. It has the makings for the best rivalry of this generation for the next half decade, that's for sure.

They are both easily great enough for this not to need any past comparisons. It will simply be theirs as Larry/Magic was their own. This is no big brother/little brother situation any more.

No because the gap between Jordan and Drexler was much bigger.

Lebron and Durant are close right now even if LBJ is still the greater player.

they will go down as each others main rivals, and the best two players drafted in the 2000's.

i'm not liking any comparison from the past. whens the last time we saw two elite sf's battle for supremacy? Bird and Dr. J in the early 80's? they are unique and will leave behind their own legacy, distinct from any two people we'd like to conveniently compare them to today.

Lebron/Durant is what everyone thought Lebron/Melo would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    they will go down as each others main rivals, and the best two players drafted in the 2000's.

i'm not liking any comparison from the past. whens the last time we saw two elite sf's battle for supremacy? Bird and Dr. J in the early 80's? they are unique and will leave behind their own legacy, distinct from any two people we'd like to conveniently compare them to today.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1:24813401
    i like the magic/bird comparison

we will see them both battle in the finals for the next few years.
    he did itfor the Lulz

No.

LeBron is to Jordan what Melo is to Drexler.

The Magic/Bird comparisons for LeBron/Durant are silly considering they actually had a real rivalry.

No matter how much the NBA tries there will never be any rivalry between the Heat & OKC just like they couldnt make a rivalry out of Cleveland/LA. There is just no connection there.

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    so the distance between Lebron and Durant isn't that big? Just wondering what you think because I've heard people say Durant could being shooting 60/50/90 and he still wont be the best player in the league.
    No there is a distinction, (lots of it is based on the fact that the season is only 1/4 of the way) but it's just not nearly as large as the one between MJ and Clyde.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    People saying things doesn't make it a general concensus. People say a lot of stupid things, especially on free discussion forums where you don't use your real names.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast