24 58.54%
  • No

11 26.83%
  • Yes but I hate Gram

5 12.20%
  • No and I hate Gram

1 2.44%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Is Chauncey Billups Hall of Fame worthy?

NBA champion (2004)
    NBA Finals MVP (2004)
    5× NBA All-Star (2006–2010)
    All-NBA Second Team (2006)
    2× All-NBA Third Team (2007, 2009)
    2× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2005–2006)

Played very well last year before the injury.

Also helped Denver a lot before they traded him.

Is he a Hall a Famer?
    Last edited by Gram; 11-28-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Yes and I hate Gram.

Hey alexander_37 is Lin Hall of Fame worthy?

Only those who know nothing about the HOF would say no.

I was hoping for more Yes but I hate Gram votes - but whatever.

his stat line

15 ppg 5.5 apg 2.9 rpg .... 41% FG

great 3 point shooter and a great leader but lets be real... those arent HOF numbers... if they are than we are degrading the HOF
    [

Yes he is
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Jimmer still being BLACK BALLED by the illuminati/homeboys...
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    his stat line

15 ppg 5.5 apg 2.9 rpg .... 41% FG

great 3 point shooter and a great leader but lets be real... those arent HOF numbers... if they are than we are degrading the HOF
    Another poster that fails to understand context. Or value intangibles. People like you don't watch basketball so you wouldn't know that Billups was a late bloomer similar to Nash. The dude didn't blow up really until Detroit when he was already 26 and had played 7 seasons prior. Early in his career he had a bad rep and was categorized as a team cancer and chucker.

If you just account for his prime and or peak the stats are more like 17 ppg, 6.5 apg, 4 rpg to go with very good defense, clutch play, elite leadership and great ability to draw fouls. He was one of the game changing "big guards" in the mold of Gary Payton where they love going to the post on smaller guards. His impact GREATLY exceeds his stats.

Look at some specific years for more HOF level numbers.

18.5 ppg, 8.5 apg, 3 rpg, 1 spg with great D and 60 percent TS in 05-06 for example at 29 years old, the year after winning the title.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-28-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Another poster that fails to understand context. Or value intangibles. People like you don't watch basketball so you wouldn't know that Billups was a late bloomer similar to Nash. The dude didn't blow up really until Detroit when he was already 26 and had played 7 seasons prior. Early in his career he had a bad rep and was categorized as a team cancer and chucker.
    tell me why he deserves to be in the HOF instead of failing to insult me
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Gram View Post
    Hey alexander_37 is Lin Hall of Fame worthy?
    Duh. Lin r da best. I r big Giants fan, perhaps even #1

Wow. 5.5 asp for a PG..that's not good. He is like a poor man's Jason Kidd though.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    tell me why he deserves to be in the HOF instead of failing to insult me
    How was he insulting you?

I'd like to say "no" (and I actually voted no, but all it takes is a quick look to see that he will make it. I think he's really borderline, and I always tend to like Halls of Fame to be more exclusive. His 2004 season might be enough to get him in, but I just don't think he stacked up well enough against his peers for long enough in his career. But he will make it.

The Finals MVP will do the trick. Only a few guys have ever won it and not made the Hall (I know Cedric Maxwell of the top of my head...but he was a way lesser player).

But if Reggie made it so quickly, Chauncey probably will too. Same with Joe Dumars and Dennis Johnson (good parallels IMO). There are a good amount of lesser players who have made it in too.

So I guess based on the past, he does deserve it. I just would personally be fine with the bottom 25% of the Hall not being in the Hall.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Only those who know nothing about the HOF would say no.
    I think that's a little harsh cause I don't see him as this first ballot HOF guy. He certainly has a few question marks on his resume. Chauncey was never dominant at any one skill, was never flashy, and doesn't have the greatest numbers, he's a career 15/5 pg with good D. These HOF things are getting a bit overblown. Every one of them has guys that probably don't deserve to be in and for that reason Billups will probably get in. In reality is Billups one of the best PG's to ever lace them up, probably not. Your comment is reserved for guys like Kidd, Lebron, KG, etc. These guys are the locks.

I think that finals run where he was MVP of the finals is what pushes him over the edge, without that I could see him not getting in.

This is a GREAT post today from Tsherkin on ****** that I saw regarding Billups impact.

"He's a career 49.6% eFG and 58.1% TS player because he draws fouls at .444 FTA/FGA over the course of his career, canning them at 89.4% FT. That, coupled with his career 38.9% 3P shooting (5 seasons at 40%+) makes him a HIGHLY efficient and extremely effective offensive player, to say nothing of what happens when you add in the fact that he's a good playmaker (just not a volume playmaker).

It makes sense to give him a bunch of touches, because he's absurdly efficient with them. You're talking about a guy who takes 11.2 FGA/g on his career, produces 15.5 ppg (9 straight seasons of 16.2+ ppg, at that) and produces a career 118 ORTG (7 years in a row of 120+)."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast