Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I visit Reddit every day but never post. I hate that style.

Does PSD have an app? With everything being accessible via mobile now a days you have to think maybe an easy access app would help but maybe they have that already.
    You must be old then... I jest, but a lot of people like shortened quick blurbs instead of deeper conversations. Look at twitter and its 144 character cap, Vine had what, 3 second videos? The younger generations just like different platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    You must be old then... I jest, but a lot of people like shortened quick blurbs instead of deeper conversations. Look at twitter and its 144 character cap, Vine had what, 3 second videos? The younger generations just like different platforms.
    what I dont like about Reddit is the way it sorts comments. Its not a conversation on the topic but just a bunch of facebook posts basically but all the comments in the post are sorted by popularity.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

lol you're right though. I can't get into Twitter either lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    what I dont like about Reddit is the way it sorts comments. Its not a conversation on the topic but just a bunch of facebook posts basically but all the comments in the post are sorted by popularity.
    That is the beauty of reddit. Content is decided by the users. I always sort by "top" instead of "hot", "best" etc.

Man how do we keep some of these new guys around. Seems to me that the OG's are sticking but everyone else seems to fall off the Earth lol.
    This seems to be the case for all of the "old school" forums. For the most part, they're dying out. It sucks. As you guys have noted, these smaller (NOT social media) forums are way more in-depth and ... you can actually form relationships with other users. I love it. I've been part of the online Vikings community for over a decade. I get the use of Twitter and Reddit for news, but not for the "community" feel. They're awful for that. I follow multiple Vikings communities, and I don't have the time to post at all of them ... but I did want to stop by and share a new YT channel dedicated to Vikings football (and the young QBs, NFC North, big-time performances, etc.)

Here it is: Take A Look!

SKOL!!!

you mean, they have a short attention span
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Bingo

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePainful View Post
    This seems to be the case for all of the "old school" forums. For the most part, they're dying out. It sucks. As you guys have noted, these smaller (NOT social media) forums are way more in-depth and ... you can actually form relationships with other users. I love it. I've been part of the online Vikings community for over a decade. I get the use of Twitter and Reddit for news, but not for the "community" feel. They're awful for that. I follow multiple Vikings communities, and I don't have the time to post at all of them ... but I did want to stop by and share a new YT channel dedicated to Vikings football (and the young QBs, NFC North, big-time performances, etc.)

SKOL!!!
    Why dont you stick around and join us?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Bingo

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Depends on how you look at it.... Its just a new generation with a new norm. Of course the previous generation will dislike it as it is not what they know, but that doesnt make it worse per se.

SKOL!!!
    Nice!

We are fortunate here in the Vikings forum to have a good group of guys. I've seen some of the other teams and it's ugly.

Still don't like Reddit but Twitter has grown on me and I find myself on there quite a bit. I mainly use it for NFL offseason stuff but this year it stuck on me past that.

Why dont you stick around and join us?
    Ha. If only I had more time. I wish I found you guys a few years back, maybe I would have come here. It does seem like a decent group! Anyway, long story short ... after a few Vikings boards that I was part of randomly shut down, I said eff it and made my own! So, I'm working hard at that. It's hard to compete with Twitter, FB, Reddit, etc. ... but we're trying. We're doing okay. We also have a pretty good group there. We're more like a little Vikings family, which I'm assuming you guys feel that way too? That's the best... Like I said, I read a handful of other Vikings boards (this one included), but I don't have time to participate a ton at the others. HOWEVER, because you guys do seem pretty cool ... and I got this nice invite, I may try to pop in a bit more and chat.

Does anyone have season tickets here? I do! And that's always been the goal of my Vikings community ... to have an all-year round Vikings family, but also to meet up at games and such.

Anyway, I can't wait to head up to the Cities tomorrow. It's been too long. SKOL!

Nice!

We are fortunate here in the Vikings forum to have a good group of guys. I've seen some of the other teams and it's ugly.

Still don't like Reddit but Twitter has grown on me and I find myself on there quite a bit. I mainly use it for NFL offseason stuff but this year it stuck on me past that.
    I feel that way about our Vikings community, too. We have a good group of knowledgeable, passionate fans ... but we also know how to laugh and have fun. As Vikings fans, we can't take ourselves too seriously, right?

I like Reddit and Twitter for news and interesting tidbits, but, again, I don't like it as far as a community. Too big and annoying. As a person ALSO from Iowa, I guess I like the small-town feel, so to speak. Where are you at in Iowa? No worries, I won't stalk you... just curious. lol.

I feel that way about our Vikings community, too. We have a good group of knowledgeable, passionate fans ... but we also know how to laugh and have fun. As Vikings fans, we can't take ourselves too seriously, right?

I like Reddit and Twitter for news and interesting tidbits, but, again, I don't like it as far as a community. Too big and annoying. As a person ALSO from Iowa, I guess I like the small-town feel, so to speak. Where are you at in Iowa? No worries, I won't stalk you... just curious. lol.
    Ha, Cedar Rapids.

Ha, Cedar Rapids.
    Well, that's not so small town ... not for Iowa anyway. lol. I'm about 45 minutes north of Dubuque.

Cedar Rapids for me as well. David parry is from here
    Take your pants off

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast