Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Memphis = Miami's Kryptonite?

There's no doubt in my mind that the Heat are the best team in the league, they have by far too much fire power. But as most people know game's are about match-ups. And the Heat are a complete mismatch against the Grizzlies.

They don't have any answer to Z-Bo and Gasol down low. And LeBron got shut down in the post by both of them. Memphis has two of the best perimeter defenders in the game in Tony Allen and Mike Conley. And both are unselfish guards who buy into the inside out game that is Memphis' strength. Add good shooters off the bench in Ellington and Bayless and they basically have the blueprint to beat Miami.

Last night was a massacre, as Memphis beat them wire-to-wire.

I guess the only wild card is Rudy Gay. He attacked the basket last night and Miami struggled. Memphis struggles when Rudy goes into shoot first mode rather than attack the basket first.

I feel Memphis is Miami's nightmare if they make it to the NBA finals. What say you?

Lol now they just have to make it to the finals to beat em...
    I think Lebron is just the best all-around player we have in the game today.
    -Magic Johnson

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Yeah, gl getting to the finals. Even if they were to meet, I don't see the Grizzlies executing enough to beat them in a 7 game series.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

I wouldn't call it a massacre, now!

The HEAT simply didn't shoot well. 38% from the field, 27% from 3, and 61% at the charity stripe. That's not gonna get it done on any night.

It's a long season. No need to make a thread over this, really, IMO. Welcome to the NBA, give credit to Memphis for shooting lights out from the perimeter and rebounding with Miami.

big teams is Miami's Kryptonite

Any team with size and good team defense can give the Heat problems. The team has to have size though just to clog the paint and ensure it won't be a layup drill for Miami's superstars.

A few teams come to mind for me- Lakers, OKC, Knicks.

Those 3 teams have excellent defensive bigs and in my opinion can cause the Heat more trouble than the other teams in the league. Not saying these are the "best teams," but they're the ones that matchup with the Heat pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Fast View Post
    big teams is Miami's Kryptonite
    You beat me to it. That being said though, the Heat are still by far and away the favorites to repeat this year.

Memphis = Miami's Kryptonite?

Unless they're OKC's and LAL's kryptonite as well, as in they can beat them all in a 7 game series, it doesn't make a bit of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    Any team with size and good team defense can give the Heat problems. The team has to have size though just to clog the paint and ensure it won't be a layup drill for Miami's superstars.

A few teams come to mind for me- Lakers, OKC, Knicks.

Those 3 teams have excellent defensive bigs and in my opinion can cause the Heat more trouble than the other teams in the league. Not saying these are the "best teams," but they're the ones that matchup with the Heat pretty well.
    Here's the thing that the Laker's lack, outside shooting and perimeter defense.

The problem with the Knicks is that their inside defense will take a hit once Amare comes back and their perimeter defense and ball movement is dependent on a 39 year old who will be banged up come play-off time.

The Heat's defense has been very subpar thus far this season.

Of course with the decline of guys like Battier and Allen, along with guys who have never played a second of defense in their lives like Reshard Lewis, it was bound to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
    Here's the thing that the Laker's lack, outside shooting and perimeter defense.

The problem with the Knicks is that their inside defense will take a hit once Amare comes back and their perimeter defense and ball movement is dependent on a 39 year old who will be banged up come play-off time.
    Don't forget about Iman Shumpert and Ronnie Brewer. These two are going to harass guards with their perimeter D once they're in a lineup together. Also, Raymond Felton and Pablo Prigioni have been solid defenders as well.

The Knicks main issue is Amar'e. And if he can work within the system, the Knicks are going to be really tough to beat. That said, they are showing they don't really need Amar'e. At this point anything he provides is a plus, but I don't think it's going to hurt the Knicks as much as people make it out to be. There's not going to be a precipitous drop in overall play. This team is not as susceptible to errors as they might have been in the past.

No the Knicks are the best team in the league, and only the Knicks are the Heat's kryptonite.

really dude, after one game?

Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    Don't forget about Iman Shumpert and Ronnie Brewer. These two are going to harass guards with their perimeter D once they're in a lineup together. Also, Raymond Felton and Pablo Prigioni have been solid defenders as well.

The Knicks main issue is Amar'e. And if he can work within the system, the Knicks are going to be really tough to beat. That said, they are showing they don't really need Amar'e. At this point anything he provides is a plus, but I don't think it's going to hurt the Knicks as much as people make it out to be. There's not going to be a precipitous drop in overall play. This team is not as susceptible to errors as they might have been in the past.
    Playing good on ball defense and organizing a defense are two different things. Kidd is a floor general on both O and D. It's no surprise that the Knicks are a better offensive and defensive team with him on the floor.

Brewer and Shumpert are soldiers. Kidd is the general, unfortunately I don't think he will last deep into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by He115ing View Post
    really dude, after one game?
    I knew someone would say that. But it's not about one game. It's about the match-ups.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast