Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Congrats to Jeremy Lamb for making the D-League All Star team. http://thunderousintentions.com/2013...all-star-game/

How many of these centers are better then Perkins?

Here are all of the Centers by team

Atlanta - Horford, Petro, Pachulia
    Boston - Darko, Collins, Garnett
    Brooklyn - Lopez, Blatche
    Charlotte - Haywood, Mullens, Diop
    Chicago - Noah, Mohammed
    Cleveland - Varajao, Zeller
    Dallas - James, Wright, Kaman, Curry
    Denver - McGee, Koufus, Mozgov
    Detroit - Drummond, Monroe, Kravtsov
    Golden State - Bogut, Ezeli
    Houston - Aldriche, Azik
    Indiana- Hibbert, Manhimi, Bynum
    LA Clippers - Jordan, Turiaf, Hollins
    LA Lakers - Howard, Hill, Sacre
    Memphis - Gasol, Haddadi
    Miami - Bosh, Pittman, Anthony, Harrelson
    Milwaukee - Pryzbilla, Sanders, Dalembert
    Minnesota - Pekovic, Steimsma
    New Orleans - Lopez
    New York - Chandler, Camby
    OKC - Thabeet, Orton
    Orlando - Vucevik
    Phili - Brown, Hawes, Bynum
    Phoenix - O'Neal, Gortat
    Portland - Leonard, Hickson
    Sacramento - Cousins
    San Antonio - Diaw, Blair, Splitter, Duncan
    Toronto - Gray, Bargnani, Valanciunus
    Utah - Jefferson, Kanter
    Washington - Barron, Okafor, Nene

Horford, Garnett, lopez, noah, Varajeo, Monroe, Hibbert, Jordan, Howard, Gasol, Bosh, Sanders, Pekovic, Chandler, Bynum, Gortat, Cousins, Duncan, Bargnani, Jefferson, Nene I would say about 21-24 its close between R. lopez, Kaman, Hickson and Perkins but i would give perkins the nod over those three because of his leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by halfblackjack View Post
    Horford, Garnett, lopez, noah, Varajeo, Monroe, Hibbert, Jordan, Howard, Gasol, Bosh, Sanders, Pekovic, Chandler, Bynum, Gortat, Cousins, Duncan, Bargnani, Jefferson, Nene I would say about 21-24 its close between R. lopez, Kaman, Hickson and Perkins but i would give perkins the nod over those three because of his leadership.
    See I would also put Okafor, Kanter, Splitter, Azik, Drummond above him along with the 3 you named that were close. I never realized that he is 36th in PER among centers who play atleast 20 min a game (after Zeller and Haywood). Wouldn't it be nice if he could go back to the player that average 10/8/2?

I think everybody undervalues Perkins' post defense, even Dwight howard said this year he was his toughest matchup... and Phil Jackson said 2 years ago he was the best post defender in the NBA.

Yea he's probably the best post defender, but this foo only have 1 Rebound. A starting center who plays 20+ minutes a game who can't even get rebounds or even score. I honestly think we need to give Thabeet n Orton more playing time. They actually play better when they get the minutes

- Durant (35)
    - Ibaka (9) Go Okc!!!
    - Westbrook (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder-Sooner View Post
    I think everybody undervalues Perkins' post defense, even Dwight howard said this year he was his toughest matchup... and Phil Jackson said 2 years ago he was the best post defender in the NBA.
    He is one of the best post defender still, problem is there aren't very many centers that he can defended anymore. He would have been perfect 15 years ago when you have a bunch of great centers but a traditional center is a dying breed in todays game. Dwight Howard couldn't have even wore some of those guys jock straps.

Quote Originally Posted by LJEATON26 View Post
    He is one of the best post defender still, problem is there aren't very many centers that he can defended anymore. He would have been perfect 15 years ago when you have a bunch of great centers but a traditional center is a dying breed in todays game. Dwight Howard couldn't have even wore some of those guys jock straps.
    I agree we should get rid of Perk and his salary so we can resign Kmart and make a move for someone to upgrade our bench. we can draft a young center and develop thabeet.

Sorry guys but we need a big move or else we are going to end up like the Jazz in the Jordan era. I'm sorry but two back to back beat downs, including one at home. Presti needs to work some magic.

with 10 minutes left in the game: Perkins 7 shots in 24 minutes, Kevin Martin 4 shots in 18 minutes. Am I missing something or did Valentines day somehow turn into April Fools?????

Kevin Martin is a scary *****, I'll rather have Lamb out their

- Durant (35)
    - Ibaka (9) Go Okc!!!
    - Westbrook (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Amaziing View Post
    Kevin Martin is a scary *****, I'll rather have Lamb out their
    Is Martin our most trade-able piece? 12 million dollar expiring, can averages 16 ppg. Pierce, Deng, Smith??? Players that can guard Lebron to free KD up.

May not be a bad move if we can get one of those guys. I would try to get Josh smith if we went wirh a big move.

I took away a lot of things from the Miami game. First one was that Kendrick Perkins should never be in when we play the heat unless joel anthony or Chris bird man are in which was a total of 9 minutes, not 23 and half. second thing i saw was that i best line up against the heat was westbrook, Jackson, martin, Durant, and Collison. They did well when we went small against the heat. third was that scott brooks calls amazing plays out of time outs but he is the worst at adjusting personnel to what ever team there playing i thought liggins and perry jones should have got some of perkins minutes. fourth was KD played the whole game besides the last 30 seconds that should never happen. fifth is we need to make a trade at the deadline with one of are many assets with tibor pliess eventually coming over and the emergence of thabett its time for Perkins to go. We can get a another wing and big with are draft picks plus we have Eric maynor and 3 young assets in pj 3, lamb and Jackson. Presti work that magic. We will not beat the heat with are roster and Perkins starting. A okc fan dream come true is hope Raptors start to lose, trade maynor for a valuable piece and shed perkins to free some salary cap and pliess comes over next year.

Quote Originally Posted by halfblackjack View Post
    I took away a lot of things from the Miami game. First one was that Kendrick Perkins should never be in when we play the heat unless joel anthony or Chris bird man are in which was a total of 9 minutes, not 23 and half. second thing i saw was that i best line up against the heat was westbrook, Jackson, martin, Durant, and Collison. They did well when we went small against the heat. third was that scott brooks calls amazing plays out of time outs but he is the worst at adjusting personnel to what ever team there playing i thought liggins and perry jones should have got some of perkins minutes. fourth was KD played the whole game besides the last 30 seconds that should never happen. fifth is we need to make a trade at the deadline with one of are many assets with tibor pliess eventually coming over and the emergence of thabett its time for Perkins to go. We can get a another wing and big with are draft picks plus we have Eric maynor and 3 young assets in pj 3, lamb and Jackson. Presti work that magic. We will not beat the heat with are roster and Perkins starting. A okc fan dream come true is hope Raptors start to lose, trade maynor for a valuable piece and shed perkins to free some salary cap and pliess comes over next year.
    I completely agree with everything you just said. I'm not sure we need Perkins to guard birdman though, so lets drop that 9 minutes to just the 3 minutes Joel Anthony played. I think we keep Jackson though, he has been playing some pretty good basketball as of late and I no longer think back up pg is our biggest need. If we want to make a trade for a wing and then bring in fisher for veteran leadership i'm fine with that.

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast